Help! Can't Post

I bought a yellow lab about 4 months ago from
a pet shop in OUG. I couldn't understand why
despite given the 3rd vaccine jab the lab died of
powervirus less than a week.
My children were very disheartening and cried many
times.
One day while walking to our car, my children saw
two stray female puppies in a paper box abandoned by the roadside. They were very delighted and wanted to adopt both of them since the yellow lab died recently.
Now they are about 5mths I guess, strong, cute and healthy. I do not know what mix breed are they!(feeding them with pedigree food & treats)
Should I take them for vaccination and spaying? Pls advise or [email]khpang@pd.jaring.my

wkser
ALPHA

Aug 14, 2002, 6:36 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1475 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pang] Help! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi pang,
i think you should intro yourself first in the introduction member section..........i think you should send your pups for the vacination...till then

regards

(This post was edited by wkser on Aug 14, 2002, 6:38 PM)

Khoobg
Webmaster / Moderator

Aug 15, 2002, 5:14 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1456 views)
Shortcut

Do you mean to say that your lab died in less than a week after you take him home ? Vaccinating your dog does not guarantee that they will not succumb to illness such as parvo virus. Vaccination does not have 100% success rate. In addition, whether the vaccine that used to vaccinate your lab is a good vaccine is another question. There are possibility that the vaccine has expired or the vaccine is damaged.

As for your recently adopt puppies, you should vaccinate them as far as possible. Deworming them is another action you will have to take. Dogs, whether is a pedigreed or mixed breed dog should be treated equal. Since they are mixed breed, it is unlikely that you will breed them and spaying or neutering them is definitely a good option.

Anyway, we welcome to the forum.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

TohCS
Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2002, 9:59 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1433 views)
Shortcut

Sorry to hear about your lab Pang.

I have heard a few cases of doggies bought from pet shop that falls ill not long after the owners brought them home.

I understand some pet shops do not really have the doggies jab but only have it on papers. I have such cases in the United States , so I wander if the same happens here also. Therefore it is better to purchase a dog from a reputable breeder.

As for the mix breed dogs, you did a great deed and my salute to you .

I too took in a stray that I found in a makan stall.

I cannot understand how some heartless people can just abandon the puppies like that. They could have at least bring the puppies to PAWs.

Yes do give this puppies their jab soonest.
I heard that pravovirus leave up to six to eight months (or maybe even more) on the ground and do take extra precaution. Don't mean to frighten you but I have read this from another doggie forum.

Mix breed dogs however usually have higher resistence power compared to pure breed dogs. Don't know how far this is true but I got this info from a video CD about dogs.

Anyway , before I forget WELCOM onboard.

Cheers: Cheng See

Many doggie cheers,

Cheng See
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GIVE A DOG A HOME TODAY
Love all dogs pure or non pure breed - give them hope!
CALL PAWS 03-78461087 to take a dog home.
SPCA - 03-42535179 to give a dog a chance in life.
====================================
My fur kids....
Coco-Mongrel adopted from PAWs
Kiddo-Mongrel a stray that adopted us
Belle-Beagle -the naughty one :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my