Garlic Feeding issue

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 6:58 AM

Post #26 of 36 (477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

wow!!you sprayed frontline into the ear??i thought it's only for external use???

like said, why don't you just ask someone to hold your dog and you pluck the ticks out??wouldn't that be easier than asking the vet to do it??

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 7:06 AM

Post #27 of 36 (476 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

"i think i would rather ask the vet to come to my house and do the job for me. Do you think the doctor would help me to pick those ticks out? "

hi. picking ticks are the basic effort for one to be a responsible dog owner. veterinarians only help diagnose illness and diseases of dogs and provide proper treatment.

vets do not pick ticks, cut nails and bathe dogs because those are simply the basic stuffs for one to care for the dog he/she love.

btw, DON'T spray frontline into your dog's ears! read the instruction label carefully before doing anything silly as you don't wish to risk your dog's health. if not mistaken frontline is meant to spray on your dog's coat, not for internal use.

if your dog has tick in his ears, use tweezers and carefully pick the ticks out yourself. There are plenty of solutions about removing ticks from a dog in this forum - i am sure you know and read that as well. pls do seek solution for yourself and not find the easy way out. ticks are a common problem among dog owners. it's not that hard to solve it.

regards,
hunter

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 9:40 AM

Post #28 of 36 (466 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue u applying the DBKL method, huh? Laugh
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Sep 30, 2003, 5:08 PM

Post #29 of 36 (462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

You passed by my house?? when?? I have a BULLmastiff and a GR. Will be bringing my GR to the gathering on 24/10.
Papasan, Mamasan, Jerry, Salsa, Samseng & Junior

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Sep 30, 2003, 5:11 PM

Post #30 of 36 (462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

My salsa is very smart la.. she would hide the pill under her tougue or in her mouth and then when I am not around, she will spit it out.. don't understand why it is so difficult.

Do you know how to catch fleas or ticks in their ears with a tweeser? I have been wanting to learn, but Salsa doesn't sit still and I am afraid that i will hurt her.
Papasan, Mamasan, Jerry, Salsa, Samseng & Junior

kesuke
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 6:25 PM

Post #31 of 36 (452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [captain03] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

hi....wah..looks like your dog is kinda like 'tong sampah' (not to offend you lah...) or maybe he just trust and loves you alot to eat anything from your hand...Smile

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 6:36 PM

Post #32 of 36 (451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gwinn, RealityDreamer, minglmy, hunter, cshellz, ai_ney, Amanda85] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello people ...Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some info on your friendly neighbourhood blood sucking vampire relative ...

MANUAL REMOVAL OF TICKS:

(a) Using blunt tweezers, grasp the tick as near to its mouthparts/head and as close to the skin as you can. Steadily pull the tick up and out. DO NOT JERK, PULL VIOLENTLY OR TWIST ... Apply firm, steady pulling pressure. The tick injects enzymes and other substances onto the skin of it's host to help liquify the tissue and gain access for feeding. This works to our advantage as this island of tissue will easily break away ... allowing us to remove the complete tick, head & body.

*** Be careful not to break the head off from the body and allow the head to remain embedded in the skin - this can leave a site for future infection.

(b) Clean the area with a cotton ball soaked in alcohol (medicated alcohol will do fine).

(c) The site of the bite can be cleaned with Betadine (povidone iodine) or hydrogen peroxide solution. After cleaning you can apply a light/thin layer of antibiotic ointment.

Some sites on tick control on dog & premises

http://www.tickremover.com/

http://www.pestproducts.net/...m#TICK%20ELIMINATION

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GETTING ACCESS TO DOG'S EARS & NAILS

Most dogs get wary when you try to touch or handle their ears and/or paws ... But that's the same with people too neh? ... I don't think any of us enjoy having foreign implements stuck into our ears ...

The way to overcome this is quite easy, provided the owner is patient & consistent.

Acclimatisation: Whenever you engage in play with the dog - handle the dog's ears and paws. Do this often and regularly. Flip open the ear flaps, examine the folds inside with your fingers, run your fingers along the pinae and into the folds ... Handle the paws - open up the paws, run your fingers through the toes etc etc ... Make like a game of touch and feel ... Everytime the dog allows you to do this - praise & treat ...

If your dog is particularly sensitive - the above stage may take a month or more ... but persevere - because the benefits are great ... Imagine no more struggling to clean ears and cut nails !!! ...

Once the dog is steady & comfortable with your with handling ... then proceed slowly to next step ... Allow the dog to see and smell the cotton buds and the clipper - to play with them even. Operate the clipper so that dog gets used to sound ...

Do all the above before even attempting any actual cleaning of ears ... or cutting of nails ...

As your dog gets desensitised and used to the idea & presence of cotton buds, the clipper (and the sound) ... only then do you actually start clean the ears or clip the nails. To begin with ... please clean ears and trim nails on separate occassions - don't want sensory overload for dog.

A dog that allows you to clean ears will also allow you to pick ticks out.

If you start all the above with a pup from day of arrival ... and you are consistent with handling ears & paws - you will almost invariably have a much easier time cleaning ears, clipping nails and picking ticks.

We did this with all our dogs from day one - and the doggies are so used to it - they actually like their ears cleaned.

CheersSmile

kesuke
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 6:48 PM

Post #33 of 36 (449 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

good advise and detailed explanation!

way to go!! Smile

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

cdmoo
ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 7:47 PM

Post #34 of 36 (448 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gwinn] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

hi ,

A few times already.. some weekend evening walks.. Did not realize it's ur house until I saw ur car ..

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 8:12 PM

Post #35 of 36 (445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

... Well said Hunter ... Smile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2003, 8:13 PM

Post #36 of 36 (444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Garlic Feeding issue [In reply to] Can't Post

... Tongue ... that's a good one ... DBKL method ... lol

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my