Home: Breed Specific: Gundog Group:
GR with distemper, anyone ?

shockmesane
Dog Kichi

Aug 12, 2003, 6:30 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1125 views)
Shortcut
GR with distemper, anyone ? Can't Post

Has anyone here recently bought GR born in May, having distemper ? I bought one late July, and suspected something was wrong after a few days as she wasn't eating much. the following she was ill and finally clinical symptoms of distemper appeared. She would've been infected either while in the pet shop, or while still with her parents. She has no contact with any other dogs while in my premise.

unfortunately, her immune system is too weak to fight against distemper had I had to put her to sleep in the end. it'svery saddening and distressed for me. if there are similar occasions, could you let me know ?

my pup has another sister i know of, but I've yet to check if she was bought by anyone yet. ref place- pet shop in usj.
Jack

cdmoo
ALPHA

Aug 13, 2003, 6:26 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1109 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shockmesane] GR with distemper, anyone ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi ,

Sorry to hear about this.

Have you approached the petshop owner on this case?

Well, hard to say the infection was originated from the petshop or breeder or other environments.

The virus is air-borned , hence eventhough she's no contact with other dogs in your premises., does not mean she's safe.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

shockmesane
Dog Kichi

Aug 13, 2003, 6:50 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] GR with distemper, anyone ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi eer .. how to address you btw ?

I'vet yet to approach the shop owner yet. after Jesse's departure, it was grieving time, and soon after, the office i work in suffered serious fire damage. what a helluva period this time around.

I have to call the person to at least alert him of the situation. there's no point to find who was at fault now. what matters most is other dogs in his shop is safe.
Jack

cdmoo
ALPHA

Aug 13, 2003, 9:38 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1102 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shockmesane] GR with distemper, anyone ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Jack,

You may call me 'Moo' .

If you don't mind , can you email the name of the pet shop to cdmoo@hotmail.com. There're a few pet shops in USJ... I know some of the owners there..

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my