skin problem

Alexthian
Dog Kichi

Jul 26, 2002, 8:17 AM

Post #1 of 8 (6265 views)
Shortcut
skin problem Can't Post

Pirate:

hello, everybody.i found that my rottweiler had lost some hair at his ear .why this can happen,is the diet problem,or??should i bring him to the vet?

Pat

Jul 26, 2002, 9:04 PM

Post #2 of 8 (6251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Alexthian] skin problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

May be you can check if there are rashes underneath or even flip the ears to chk for infection. Sometimes they love to rub their ears and can cause hair loss. If it is allergy, then should find hair losing in a few places where there is skin rash I would think. Usually hair loss is associated with skin infection in which case you should consult the vet on the rashes, eg. becoming botak with bumps or fungus growing. Otherwise it may just be the normal shedding.

Regards,

Patricia
Pat, David
parents to Kiki-nicole choa

melanie
Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2002, 10:24 PM

Post #3 of 8 (6229 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pat] skin problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I just notice that there are two bumps in my pup head with fungus ( I guess so) not very sure what it is but is making her botak liau!

Should I bring her to the vet or is there any solution I can manage it at home?

lisachew

Jul 30, 2002, 11:01 PM

Post #4 of 8 (6225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melanie] skin problem [In reply to] Can't Post

hi melanie

Just wondering how big is that bump? Something like pimples on our face? Or???
Regards
Lisa

"A dash of lion, several teaspoons of rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of a beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal, and a dash of teddy bear." - shih tzu

melanie
Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2002, 1:01 AM

Post #5 of 8 (6219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lisachew] skin problem [In reply to] Can't Post

It is like a big pimples!!!.......

les
K9 Maniac

Jul 31, 2002, 1:26 AM

Post #6 of 8 (6218 views)
Shortcut

I have one shampoo that I can suggest.. its very good for dogs which has sensitive skin Smile

Pls email me for the shampoo's brand and i'll reply.

lessssss@hotmail.com

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

Pat

Jul 31, 2002, 2:16 AM

Post #7 of 8 (6215 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

Fungus are of course more serious than ocassional bumps which may be dark red, purple or even black in colour. If you bring it to the vet they will probably recommed some sensitive skin shampoo for your dog and add some antibiotic medicine and prescribe another antibiotic solution for you to apply onto your dog which will cause $$$. The truth of the matter is that it is oh-so-common for dogs to get skin problems from time to time and it will often go away with time. I have used these expensive medicines and did not see much improvement (be it diet, creams, shampoo and what-not). MY dog had amongst other mild skin rashes from time to time, fungus patch of 2-inch diameter with slight inflammation and in the end I gave up on the medicine and applied my calamine lotion on the spot and voila! It dried up in days and my dog loves the soothing cool feeling of calamine lotion than the antibiotic solution which smarts terribly.

Having said that if the fungus starts spreading to many patches of the body then your dog may have contracted mange/dermatitis and is advised to be put on medication for a while.

In other words I think you need to play by ear on whether it is a temporary skin allergy or serious skin disease. If you keep referring to the vet on every skin rash it would cause a big hole in your pocket!

Regards,

Patricia
Pat, David
parents to Kiki-nicole choa

melanie
Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2002, 5:44 PM

Post #8 of 8 (6207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pat] skin problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your advice! I also agree that bringing the pup to the vet every now and then is really costly and I definitely cannot afford it...

Anyhow, I'll try to apply some medication of my own to the bumps and hope it would be okay!

regards

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my