First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 26, 2002, 12:06 AM

Post #1 of 76 (7480 views)
Shortcut
Arthur's Introduction Can't Post

Hi there people!

It’s a pleasure to introduce myself to you fine folks here.

My name is Arthur Lee (My dad liked English Folklore…) Was born in the year of the Rat waaayy back in 1960 so that makes me 42 this year! Guess the young ones here will be calling me uncle! Smile

Started out as an Ipoh mali boy (in good old St.Michael Institution) before moving to KL in 1979. Have been working in the Aviation Industry in Subang Airport ever since. If you ever wanted to know which part of the plane is the safest to sit, ask me here..

My humble home is in the USJ area which is lovingly decorated by Sharon (my wife of 16years). Our lives has been enriched by 1…then 2… then 3 (yes three!) miniature schnauzers since Feb last year. Must be crazy to have 3 schnauzers running about.(Dunno what came over us!) We get live sense surround sound for 3 mins everytime a visitor comes to the house or rings the doorbell Crazy

Okay back to the intro.. I am a big fan of Star Trek. Everything Star Trek I try to collect.Enjoy reading military novels (Tom Clancy n gang), Sci-Fi books (James P.Hogan etc..) and once a while, the “Hard to digest” stuff like HyperString Theory (just to torture the grey matter!) Photography is my other love. Sometimes I combine them both in an outdoor shooting session with my gang of 3. Pure bliss when I can get them to look my way!

Most Sunday afternoons will find me and Sharon at the Padang Merbuk training grounds doing our obedience classes with the furkids. That is how I met our Webmaster and Joe Mike! BTW.. congrats to Joe on completing his Malaysian Championship title during the recent dog show in Ipoh.

Feels like home here in this forum with all you nice folks around…

Bye for now.

wkser
ALPHA

Jul 26, 2002, 12:40 AM

Post #2 of 76 (7471 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Arthur's Introduction [In reply to] Can't Post

hi aurthur,
welcome to the forum......your schnauzers are very cute ......

regards

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 26, 2002, 1:20 AM

Post #3 of 76 (7461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] Arthur's Introduction [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there wkser!

Thks for the comment. U got Schnauzers also ah?

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 26, 2002, 5:17 PM

Post #4 of 76 (7445 views)
Shortcut

Hi Arthur,
Welcome to the forum!
Borned in the 60's huh? ... The good old years.. the "Woodstock" era! Cool! Cool
I'm sure some of the older members would bring vivid memories about the 60's ..

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jul 26, 2002, 6:10 PM

Post #5 of 76 (7439 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to the forum Arthur.

Well at least I know now you are 1 year older than me Smile. You are such a good handler and your Pepper has been performing extremely during the Novice Class. Mike and me has still a lot to catch up Frown

Glad to have another Dog Lover on board.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 26, 2002, 6:22 PM

Post #6 of 76 (7436 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Arthur's Introduction [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there!

Thks for the welcome. Yup..the 60's were when the generation cry was Make Love Not War! Still, I kinda miss that era out. But then the 70's came and Bang! It was the disco era with Saturday night fever, bell bottoms and the mandatory 2 buttons undoned for the guys showing off their chest hair (or lack of it Wink)

I had a mixed breed dog then. Still remember the name. He was called Bruno. Short legged with a face like a corgi. Kinda wondered in to my house and adopted us. After a year or so, he just got up and left to move into another household further up the road. Sigh...

But now I have my Pepper (1.5 yr old Salt n Pepper female), Lee Sha (1 yr old Salt N Pepper female) and my naughty boy Lee Ron ( 8mths Black n Silver Male) to keep me company. But that another story..

See ya..

wkser
ALPHA

Jul 26, 2002, 6:22 PM

Post #7 of 76 (7436 views)
Shortcut

hi arthur,
morning.........i own a lab.....if not mistaken i saw you before in padang merbok.........hopefully to meet again this week.......till then

regards

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 26, 2002, 6:32 PM

Post #8 of 76 (7432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Arthur's Introduction [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings Webmaster!

Thks for the comments. It's mainly Pepper doing most of the work. Now that Joe Mike has completed his championship title, why don't you join us in the Novice class? There's less than 10 of us under Amanda our trainer. (BTW, she's very strict and really push both the handlers and their doggies to do their best. Better do our homework man..) Joe should be okay this time cos' we got the best spot on the padang. Yup! Right underneath the shade all the time! At least this time Joe wont be overheated too much.

Pepper being black in colour suffered more during the last training we have together. Remember our water spray bottles? That was fun!

See U this Sunday?

Rdgs

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 26, 2002, 8:36 PM

Post #9 of 76 (7421 views)
Shortcut

yeah, yeah, yeah, "Make Love Not War" u r rite about that! But, u forgot the drugs/marijuana Wink .. a must have item in the WoodStock era.
I only got my 1st mix-breed family dog in the 70s... she's kind of like Border Collie mix. She's called "Lazy"! Crazy

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

les
K9 Maniac

Jul 26, 2002, 9:26 PM

Post #10 of 76 (7417 views)
Shortcut

Hello Arthur,

Welcome onboard! Smile Hmm.. Min Schnauzer.. I like it too.. too bad that they are kind of expensive which i found in the pet shop.. can't afford it Unsure

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 26, 2002, 11:46 PM

Post #11 of 76 (7409 views)
Shortcut

Yes, going down memory lane takes me back to the era of cassette tapes, 8 track cartridges (still remember them?), record players 45rpm and 33 1/3 rpm, A go-go dance craze and mini-skirts! Yeah Baby!Wink

Seeing cinema shows then cost only RM1.40 for circle seats, RM1.00 for 1st class, & 80c for the neck breaker seats ( about 15ft away from the screen). Nowadays it cost RM9 and above right?

Back to the present, is that a picture of Rex under your user id? Handsome fella!

Rdgs

Arthur

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 27, 2002, 12:01 AM

Post #12 of 76 (7405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [les] Arthur's Introduction [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Les,

Yes you're right. M.Schnauzers have gone up in price recently. Dunno why. But money aside, like most other breeds, they are generally intelligent, response great to obedience/agility training, doesn't shed much (in fact, I think I lose more hair then them LOL!) and when properly groomed, are amongst the smartest looking dogs in the world..(coming from me would be a little bit biased of course! Wink)

Rdgs to you n Sunny Macho!

Arthur

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 27, 2002, 12:12 AM

Post #13 of 76 (7402 views)
Shortcut

ha! u missed out the B/W TV! Wink. Talking about the cinemas... I thought it's 0.40cts for the front seat ? Wasn'it? I'm fron KL, and I used to watch the movies in the "B.B Park" .. now the Sungei Wang area. I still remembered my grandma was so engrossed in watching the movie, I ought to pee along the corridor .. BlushBlush.. It just flew down along the way .. yacky! yacky! Blush

Right, there's Rex, my 'little' Labby. Picture taken in mid-April , he was 4 1/2 months old then, he likes to fetch very much.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 27, 2002, 12:13 AM

Post #14 of 76 (7402 views)
Shortcut

Hi there Wkser!

Wokay..will look out for U and your lab this Sunday then. Talking about this Sunday, better go and do my homework with Pepper, my Schnauzer girl. Our trainer is very strict-lah!

Rdgs

Arthur

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 27, 2002, 12:24 AM

Post #15 of 76 (7399 views)
Shortcut

Cd Moo,,

Waahh..at the cinemas you so young already so terror-lah! Sly

Yes, I forgot about the b/w tv. Guess we take a lot of things for granted nowadays. One of my fervent wishes growing up was to own a "Chopper" bike. Compared to the BMXs n mountain bikes, I guess it's no big deal. Later on I wished for a Honda Cub motorbike. That's when you can seriously date the girls then. I guess today the young men have to have a Kancil/Kelissa at least right? Wink

So Rex loves to fetch huh? He'll fit right in to my Lee Sha girl. She's my other Mini-Schnauzer girl who simply LOVEs to fetch especially those IKEA toys we bought for her. I have a feeling these 2 friends would get along fine..

Rdgs

Arthur

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 27, 2002, 12:32 AM

Post #16 of 76 (7397 views)
Shortcut

Better not to expose myself anymore. Malu-lah Blush
IKEA toys? Sounds expensive..
Rex's favorite toy is the flying ring. (got it from Toy'sR-Rus). Fetching/retrieving is part of his routine exercise. U know lah, Labby can be become fatty easily. Must tire them, else can be destructive Wink

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

les
K9 Maniac

Jul 27, 2002, 9:22 PM

Post #17 of 76 (7374 views)
Shortcut

Can I drop by to see u guys training?

Laugh

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 28, 2002, 12:43 AM

Post #18 of 76 (7368 views)
Shortcut

hi les,
Are u refering to the obedience training at Padang Merbuk? Of course, u can go there & watch.
I'm not a member of MKA., hence Rex could not enrol for those courses.
If u want to c me training Rex, then u can come to my place Wink

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 29, 2002, 8:38 PM

Post #19 of 76 (7351 views)
Shortcut

CD Moo and Les,

U guys are always welcome to drop by and watch the obedience training at Padang Merbuk. It'll be nice to put a face to the names!Smile Plus it's a great oppurtunity to socalise our doggies friends.

I remember it was pretty embrassing for me the first time I took Pepper to the padang. For 15mins, we were the "center" of attraction cos's she was barking away busy saying hello to all the other doggies there. Blush

It's not too bad now thank goodness!

See U chaps next Sunday? Look for the guy with wearing a black Levis baseball cap and a dark salt n pepper Miniature Schnauzer! We train underneath the tree (in the shade) next to the shelter where the attendance register is located.

Rdgs

Arthur

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 29, 2002, 9:10 PM

Post #20 of 76 (7346 views)
Shortcut

Try to make it this week end.
If Rex behaves, I will tag him along else home-alone
Wink

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

les
K9 Maniac

Jul 29, 2002, 9:18 PM

Post #21 of 76 (7346 views)
Shortcut

Hello Arthur,

Guess what? I went to Padang Merbuk yesterday! Wow.. crowded man! Lots of dogs.. and ppl too! Smile I brought Sunny with me too.. and another 3 friends of mine.. Zero was there too.. the tiny lil Aus Silky Terrier.

Wah.. its very nice go there and see how they train their dogs. Normally i like go to the pet shops and see cute lil pups.. but now I think that go to the padang is more interesting.. haha Sly Not even can see lotsa dogs.. puppies.. u can also let ur dog socializ with others.. Smile

I met our webmaster, Mr Khoo.. and his cute puggy named Gigi.. Smile She is so adorable.. can't help to nip her.. (ops.. Mr Khoo staring at me)Laugh Well.. too bad that I din't meet Arthur.. well perhaps next time. Smile

Laugh

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 29, 2002, 10:50 PM

Post #22 of 76 (7340 views)
Shortcut

Dear Les,

You were there? I was there also! The rush hour would be round 5pm. That's when the 4-5 session is just finishing and the 5-6 session is about to begin. Car park also got problem then.Crazy

Yesterday weather was just perfect! In fact after my 4-5pm session ended, we ended up with an impromtu gathering of fellow MiniSchnauzer owners on the padang. Everyone sat round with their doggies and swap stories/advice. Later on, some other Shitzu owners also joined in as well. It was fun!Sly

Les, why dont U n your gang join us next Sunday after 5pm?

Rdgs,

Arthur

wkser
ALPHA

Jul 29, 2002, 11:10 PM

Post #23 of 76 (7338 views)
Shortcut

hi cdmoo,
why don't you registre with MKA ...and registre rex for classes.........till then

regards

joonkeet

Jul 29, 2002, 11:45 PM

Post #24 of 76 (7332 views)
Shortcut

Hey

If I am not wrong, I was in the group of MiniSchnauzer too. My gf was talking to a lady wif a shih tzu brownie. R u in that grioup?

Regards
Joseph

Consult a vet. Be kind to pet

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 29, 2002, 11:54 PM

Post #25 of 76 (7329 views)
Shortcut

hi wkser,
Time is my concern. Although Rex has been trained on some basic commands, but I'm wondering if he will behave his normal self at the Padang.. too many beautiful ladies Wink. He's not used to that kind of 'setup' ..
Hey, I read that u now own a lab. Is he black ?

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

(This post was edited by cdmoo on Jul 29, 2002, 11:55 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my