Dog Licence

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 11, 2003, 6:53 AM

Post #51 of 188 (5841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

I understand what you are trying to say , but getting an IC for human is not as difficult as getting one for dog. (actually, getting an IC when you lost one can be very troublesome also)

I guess what realitydreamer or what I felt is that I can't help thinking it is so troublesome to get a dog license with all those rules and regulations now like getting a permission from neighbours. Some even have to get doctor's permission. Sometimes these requires alot of money too.

My question is, do they check very regularly? until ring the door bell? If my dog doesn't make trouble to others, can we just live peacefully without having a license?

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 11, 2003, 8:19 AM

Post #52 of 188 (5839 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doodle] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi doodle,

Yeah... truely understood that for some residential areas, it's very troublesome to get the license. of course, if your dog stay inside the house, the license seems "useless" and not neccessary. But to me, I rather go tru the pain to get a license instead of challenge the pain to lose my dog if anything really happen ONE day accidentally and I just have NO say to it.

Or, don't get a dog if you can't even get a license for him (i mean.... via some "lubang"Tongue, always, there's tricksTongue). Just be patient... one day, when you are affordable, stay a better (dog frenly) place for you and your dogs. you happy, he happy, the neighbors happy.

To answer your question, NO, they don't come and ring my door bell regularly, but ONCE.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

(This post was edited by mackmack on Aug 11, 2003, 8:20 AM)

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 11, 2003, 6:15 PM

Post #53 of 188 (5830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

WAH!!!!! They really rang the door?! So keng!

That time ur dog got license? So they just see it and left lar? they didn't say other things?
Speaking of having a dog difficulties, who knows next time having a dog must have a dog sign at the gate. *Shrug

There was one time, my home shar pei ran out and some neighbour complained. So the dog catcher really came and took my dog away. Luckily, i was just reaching home and saw them. (it was my mom who accidently let him out and quite often does that. Very angry at her! Mad) Then my mom gave them RM10 each and that's the end of story. We got our dog back. With or without license. He has license but weren't wearing it. ( Dogs seem to feel irritated to wear the dog license)

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 11, 2003, 7:17 PM

Post #54 of 188 (5828 views)
Shortcut

Since i was young, and sicne we knew there's a thing called dog license, we ill ensure our dogs have them on the choke chain. One more thing, a dog license doesn't mean your dog can roam around freely out from your premises. He still has to be on leashed when out of the premises. I really don't know why will have the debate or question on if it is a MUST to have dog license, coz this is what required by the law. You don't have it for your dog, it would be fine to you maybe... especially when nothing bad happen. If thing get worse, you cant blame anyone to take your dog away and fine you. To me, I do what I should do. At least I "meet" the minimum requirement interms of the safety and protection for my dogs.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 14, 2003, 7:48 AM

Post #55 of 188 (5821 views)
Shortcut

Dog licence is the reason so many stray dogs dont get shoot in Penang. ALOT of penang strays has got a licence tied around their neck by a rafia string but they dont belong to anyone. There are ppl out there that care enough for these strays and get them licence so that they can continue their life.Smile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 27, 2003, 6:13 PM

Post #56 of 188 (5809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

i have a question...

is there a limit on how many license an individual can apply??

i have 3 dogs but i only get 2 licenses(due to the 1 house 2 dogs policy)...if i apply more than 2,i scare the officers may ask questions..and recently,i just adopted 2 doggies..so now..what should i do??apply for 2 licenses or 5 licenses?

btw,do the officers have any right to enter the house??

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

lulugurl
ALPHA

Aug 31, 2003, 11:55 PM

Post #57 of 188 (5798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

I know a friend who owns about 9 dogs but he'll only buy 3 license per year. He'll hang it on the porch so the spca/mppp ppl can see it easily without entering the house. He'll just let the dog he plan to take out wear the licenses.

I think it's possible for us to buy up to 3 license, but i do not know about rules at other places..i think some part of kl they only allows 2 dogs..Smile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

mochacappucino
Enthusiast

Sep 9, 2003, 1:53 AM

Post #58 of 188 (5786 views)
Shortcut

The rules and regulations are clearly stated on the dog license application form itself. Follow the rules and you will be safe. Cool

According to the rules, we are not to bring our dog to recreation parks and other public areas like the shopping malls. We are not even suppose to have a dog if we live in an apartment or condor. There are a few other regulations to follow. Unsure

Although the rules are clearly stated, alot of people still break those rules everyday. Some may be not know about the regulations, or just simply playing with their luck. I think it still depends on your local council and the law enforcers if they really go by the rules. We will only get into trouble when people enforces the rules. Be nice to your neighbors ! Smile

Regards,
~!@Mocha@!~

Come to the Chit Chat Thread with MochaCappucino @ the Chit Chat Section !
Or come join the Klang Division Thread !

nickcaren

Oct 27, 2003, 11:32 PM

Post #59 of 188 (5741 views)
Shortcut

hi,

would like to know more on this license thingy, in Penang, is it still somewhere near the Fort Cornvallis area? Or is it at Komtar?

Secondly, any idea on how old for a dog to be eligible to apply for a license??

Any new rules/revision so far until today?? And can apply up to two dogs?

Sori for the questions....kinda lost here lar! Thanks!

nickcaren

Oct 31, 2003, 7:36 PM

Post #60 of 188 (5729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all...how come no one reply to my previous post ?? Frown

Got one more question......can the registered owner in MKA cert be different with the registered owner in MPPP or other municipal council license??

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 31, 2003, 8:42 PM

Post #61 of 188 (5724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nickcaren] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

hie,

yea, registered owner in MKA cert CAN be different with registered owner for dog license.

as for the first post, sorry can't help much.. me not from penang... :/

nickcaren

Oct 31, 2003, 9:15 PM

Post #62 of 188 (5723 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

oic....OK thanks!!! Wink

nathalie
Doggyman

Nov 11, 2003, 4:54 AM

Post #63 of 188 (5711 views)
Shortcut

Smilehi,

it has moved from komtar to fort conwallis d.....

no eligible age...according to them as long as u have a dog, u need a license. even if ur dog stays indoors...it's safer to get a licence in case u bring them for a walk.

apply for 2 dogs, can...up to 4 dogs for landed property.....or u can just put ur wife's name for the 2nd dog if u live in an apartment. they don't really care or check.....u can even get someone to buy it for u on ur behalf. just fill in the forms n attach RM10...that's allSmile

nickcaren

Nov 12, 2003, 2:18 AM

Post #64 of 188 (5704 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

hi nathalie,

oic...thanks for the update! Smile

will apply soon, if not later afraid the authorities might take them (furkids) away...

nathalie
Doggyman

Nov 12, 2003, 8:23 AM

Post #65 of 188 (5702 views)
Shortcut

Smilehi,

maybe u want to apply after 2003 coz the license only valid for a year n it's approaching year end now?

just a thoughtSmile

musashi
ALPHA

Nov 18, 2003, 4:59 AM

Post #66 of 188 (5688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mochacappucino] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

Unsure I am one of the person who breaks the rules as I bring my dog to everywhere except restaurant ! I am staying in an apartment too.

Does the authority have the rights to enter my apartment ?

I have 3 locks at the door !!CrazyCrazy

Blush I am the man with dog's name

musashi
ALPHA

Nov 18, 2003, 5:03 AM

Post #67 of 188 (5688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

sometimes the license plate will only be ready on March or May, don't really when is the right time to apply.

I go to MPPJ,they ask me to go Subang, I go Subang, they ask me to go to KL,so I gave up and did not have license for my dog for many years,after all I m staying in an aperment, but I use mum's address to apply lah,

Anybody can tel when is the right time to get the license ?

Blush I am the man with dog's name

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 18, 2003, 7:05 PM

Post #68 of 188 (5684 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

Aik!!!

Subang ask you to go KL to get license???!!! Mad Hmmmm... cialat!! ... I'm supposed to go there soon to collect the application form to apply as well since Snoopy is about to finish her last shot... Unsure

*sigh*.. I noticed that there is little or no information about this at all to be found... And they have the right to kill our dogs if they find no licenses. How do we know how to apply for a dog license when they make it so hard for us to get one???!! Mad

The irony of it all.... Pirate

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

liswarhol
ALPHA

Nov 18, 2003, 8:16 PM

Post #69 of 188 (5682 views)
Shortcut

Smilehello…

this is my puggy hiley…the notorious onelah! hehehe am staying in condo and so afr so good ler. but think they should allow toy breed like they do in penang, read from newspaper but got breed specification. so happen my uncle lives in of of the condo there and said he saw even working breedsCrazy!

am a bit worry leh cos my upstairs neighbour's malay…but got once the security saw hiley in my condo (my guest left the front door open) and asked if it's my own unit, said yes and he left.

think should be ok but just not too bising lor, they take action only if got complain. everyday pray hard hiley will behave.

your doggy cute leh and pretty Wink…geram see the fluffy fur bet hiley will love it…

cheers
cheers : lisa,hiley & jadite

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 19, 2003, 8:26 AM

Post #70 of 188 (5672 views)
Shortcut

hi,

where does ur mum live? if it's subang then apply under MPSJ. best time to get license is starting of the year. i doubt that it'll be ready only on March or May though, coz licenses change at the start of the year.. January, that is. got my dog's license 3 months ago from MPSJ and got it on the same day we apply for it.

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 19, 2003, 5:51 PM

Post #71 of 188 (5669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kathleen.tay] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey...

Thanks for the info!! Tongue At least now I know what to do..... Blush

Thanks!! Thanks!! Thanks!!

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

snoopdog
K9 Kaki

Nov 19, 2003, 7:09 PM

Post #72 of 188 (5668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileI stay in Bdr Sunway, went to MPPJ, got the license on the same day in less than 1/2 hr. Quite easy to get.

Ciao
Angeline + Maximus & Dome(miss u!)

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 19, 2003, 9:02 PM

Post #73 of 188 (5665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snoopdog] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

Eh?

How come didn't go to MPSJ since it is nearer? Hmmm... Smile... Yea... Snoopy is going to get her lesen soon... Crazy

Join the JRT Zone

snoopdog
K9 Kaki

Nov 20, 2003, 11:35 PM

Post #74 of 188 (5657 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileThe area I stay in Bdr Sunway is under MPPJ. The Sunway Pyramid side is under MPSJ. Don't ask me why like that.Crazy only those MP people can explainSlySly. I also wish I can go to MPSJ, easier parking. The license also very cheap, RM10 only. You have to renew the license every year.

Ciao
Angeline + Maximus & Dome(miss u!)

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 21, 2003, 12:14 AM

Post #75 of 188 (5653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snoopdog] Dog Licence [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiyo.... headache-le.... Crazy

Hmmmmm.... Yea... Have persuaded my Dad to go get the form... Laugh... Yea, MPSJ has more parking... Tongue

Join the JRT Zone

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my