First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Bubbles
Dog Kichi

Aug 9, 2003, 2:53 AM

Post #1 of 75 (2902 views)
Shortcut
Gathering in the evening? Can't Post

Dear all,

I had been wanting to join for your gathering, but it's always too early and too far. I stay in TTDI and with a young kid, it's impossible to go to KK so early in the morning! May I suggest that we should organize an evening gathering for those who can't join the morning ones, like me? I know some of you had an outing in the TTDI park (or someplace near there) it's a good location for me, but it's only that I can't make it in the morning. So, any of you staying nearby want to organize a trip?

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 9, 2003, 11:33 AM

Post #2 of 75 (2888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bubbles] Gathering in the evening? [In reply to] Can't Post

Evening says.... 5-6pm? I think it's a good time to bring the dogs out for walk-walk, pee-poo and as well a great social time with the other owners too. not to say a crowded gathering.. but a small and casual one really sounds GREAT~ I know that last time some members did meet up for drinks & chat...

If i were in KL now, i sure will join you out and maybe bring along some friends to play with your dog too~Smile

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

arthur
ALPHA

Aug 9, 2003, 5:29 PM

Post #3 of 75 (2886 views)
Shortcut

Hi Bubbles,

Evening gatherings are fine with us. The weather is cooler and more people can join in. Then why are we not having it then? Several reasons:

1. Evenings is when most people come out to walk-walk also. Living in a multi-racial society like ours, we have to respect some communities sensitivities towards canines. Having a gathering in the evenings will heighten the chances of a misunderstanding or unpleasant experience. Thus we avoid the evenings. One or two dogs, ok. 30-40 doggies..too big to control.

2. Most parks do NOT allow dogs.Frown

Hope this helps. Rdgs Arthur

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 9, 2003, 8:12 PM

Post #4 of 75 (2876 views)
Shortcut

hi bubbles,

if possible, the next gathering maybe will be held in the evenings to night in conjunction with tanglung festival.

but before confirming we will first have to sort out a few problems at hand, like what arthur mentioned - those reasons which made all our past gatherings in the mornings :) be patient okie.

regards,
hunter

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 9, 2003, 8:28 PM

Post #5 of 75 (2875 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Gathering in the evening? [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm..not sure if this is a good idea..like hunter said we could have one in conjuction with the tanglung festival. we could have it at night and the tanglung's can light up the park. use the plastic/artificial ones of course..don't want any accidents. but another problem we'll face at night is...mosquitoes...
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 16, 2003, 6:19 PM

Post #6 of 75 (2856 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Gathering in the evening? [In reply to] Can't Post

but it will be great to have a gathering during the tanglung festival for those who don't get to go to PD.

I don't mind turning up!
I could offer my house for the gathering but my house has just a side corner land. Not enough to support 30-40 dogs.

But at my puchong house, nobody uses the playground at night. A the corner of my house, there's a small park that nobody goes at all. My neighbour and I usually take our dogs there.

Just a suggestion. I guess too excited to make this happen!

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 16, 2003, 7:53 PM

Post #7 of 75 (2850 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doodle] Gathering in the evening? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

well u don't have to make it an official puppycom gathering or wait for one till ur neck grow long :) u can have a meetup with anyone interested. there are quite a number of puppycom members from puchong i guess.

ps : are u referring about the park in front of D'kiara? that's a big park.

regards,
hunter

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 17, 2003, 6:38 AM

Post #8 of 75 (2846 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doodle,hunter] Gathering in the evening? [In reply to] Can't Post

hunter's rightSmile don't have to make it official

me might be celebrating with my neighbour's and bringing my doggies for a walk with them Smile unless of course puppy.com has a gathering..

hmm...but you have to get permision from your majlis perbandaran first..a gathering of more than 3(5? somewhere there) after a certain time is considered illegalUnsure
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 18, 2003, 6:55 AM

Post #9 of 75 (2841 views)
Shortcut

aaaiiiiieeeeeee!!!.....SlySlySly tats a good idea.... lots of tang lung, lots of furballs, lots of snacks, lots of fun...... it tis real or not?...SlySlyLaughLaughCoolCoolSmileTongueBlush

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 18, 2003, 7:17 AM

Post #10 of 75 (2839 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annjou] Gathering in the evening? [In reply to] Can't Post

We could have a gathering on the 23rd but I don't know where to held it.

Hunter,

The park I mentioned is very near my house. Nobody will go there at night. What do you guys think?

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 18, 2003, 7:27 AM

Post #11 of 75 (2838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Gathering in the evening? [In reply to] Can't Post

We are not having a gathering where we sit down and meet wan wor? also need permission wan ah?

What about like having a birthday party? Do we need permission for that? Maybe we can put all the food at my house and then bring the dogs to the playground. The playground is really big. But not too sure about asking permission.

how? if want to do, better start planning wor.

Any feedback?

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 18, 2003, 7:33 AM

Post #12 of 75 (2837 views)
Shortcut

huh? u mean 23rd tis month ar??? nex week only wor.. wher got time 2 arrange?? anyway mid auturm festival is on next month 11/9(thurs)...

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 18, 2003, 7:36 AM

Post #13 of 75 (2836 views)
Shortcut

is it somewher in puchong ar?? if in puchong mayb i can join...nut if too far away, got problem lar... if i'm coming i'l b bringing some snack & tanglung

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 18, 2003, 7:43 AM

Post #14 of 75 (2834 views)
Shortcut

Ya kah? I thought on the 23rd?

If on the 11th, then got more time.. Good good...

You want to start planning? I don't mind chip in some food and snacks.

I am just worried about the place. Worst come to worst, just both of us turn up ok ah?
hehehehe...

but my neighbour got a few puppy.com members. Like Oliver and Duke, and Jack the lab.

We have quite a number of dogs there. Like Hugo the basset hound who lives just a couple of blocks away.

If you don't mind having it at puchong prima... i could ask my neighbours. They would love it! Cause we have night watch every night. They would love to join us.

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 18, 2003, 8:29 AM

Post #15 of 75 (2832 views)
Shortcut

hi,

well, it's not an official gathering. just a meetup mah among friends mah. but if really go to the park, what do we do? if i'm free that day i'd chip in too :)

regards,
hunter

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 18, 2003, 8:33 AM

Post #16 of 75 (2831 views)
Shortcut

still need thoughUnsure as long you're there for a while..not just walking past/through

if having b'day in your own garden is ok..but not in the playground

but then again, how often do the police ronda in your area? Tongue if not often or they barely do that, then no need lor..can take the risk..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 18, 2003, 7:50 PM

Post #17 of 75 (2826 views)
Shortcut

yeahhh... i'mm coming.... but where is puchong prima ar??? after ioi/b4??TongueTongueBlushBlush

dogies
Novice

Aug 20, 2003, 11:31 PM

Post #18 of 75 (2813 views)
Shortcut

Hey guys!

Would love to join in too if available!
But I am staying in Cheras! Unsure and no transport at the moment! UnsureUnsure
Anybody out there who maybe going and is staying in Cheras area and have transport?!??! SlyTongue

annjou
K9 Maniac

Aug 20, 2003, 11:43 PM

Post #19 of 75 (2810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dogies] Gathering in the evening? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi dogies,
dont know yer wheter got gathering /not... i got i sure go... but sorry lar, i live around old klang road eh....hehehe... hopefully mr.khoo will organise somthing 4 tis moncake festival....pray, pray, pray...AngelicAngelicAngelic

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 23, 2003, 6:36 AM

Post #20 of 75 (2799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Gathering in the evening? [In reply to] Can't Post

I am abit wary to say that it is ok to have this thing at the park. What if anything happens mar HABIS la?!
My whole intention is for doodle to socialize. Now puchong prima has alot of dogs. From one dog to two. Like Oliver and duke. He just got another Dalmation. And behind my house, from one labrador to two.

It will be great la if all of us can come out and play. But where??
Pirate

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 23, 2003, 6:51 AM

Post #21 of 75 (2797 views)
Shortcut

Puchong Prima people are actually interested to have this moon cake festival thingy with children carrying tanglungs and all.. but Oliver weren't so keen on having dogs because he was afraid that the muslems might complain. So not so good wor.. how?
Unsure

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 23, 2003, 6:53 AM

Post #22 of 75 (2797 views)
Shortcut

hi,

well since 14th of september is AKC day i think that could be a nice chance to socialize as well (as usual)~ it's gathering also right

regards,
hunter

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 23, 2003, 6:58 AM

Post #23 of 75 (2795 views)
Shortcut

14th is AKC day. At mid valley is it?
David (pet shop owner) recommended me to take doodle for a show. We really don't know how...

by the way, what does Aust CH means?
We just received doodle's certificate. He has a very nice name!

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 23, 2003, 7:01 AM

Post #24 of 75 (2794 views)
Shortcut

aiya no la. AKC dog ownership day at KK held by Puppycom :) it's 14th september in KK. check it out at events section.

Aust CH meaning a dog has Australian Champion title. u should go for a try if u think your dog got what it takes to look good in the ring :) anyway this all is just for fun, no harm gettin' into the ring.

wat's doodle's name? Hunter's is Golden Imagine Frigo.. terrible name. simple terrible :/

regards,
hunter

doodle
ALPHA

Aug 23, 2003, 7:07 AM

Post #25 of 75 (2791 views)
Shortcut

Hahahah.. Yeah, I just went to the forum..
When is the Mid Valley show?
Can you teach me how to train doodle? or at least what do I need to do?

I think I want to try. Not to say win la.. but want to take him out to see other dogs and also experience. I am sure he will enjoy it.

Doodle's name is AlisterBel Tarie. Nice isn't it?

His grandfather got Aust Ch wan wor? how come Australian??

What does IMP Aust means?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my