Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Worms in Dog:
Worms!!!

ck_yap
Novice

Dec 3, 2001, 8:03 AM

Post #1 of 11 (10253 views)
Shortcut
Worms!!! Can't Post

OH my god ....... there's one worm attached to my dog shit. What happened ? I gave her deworming tablet one month ago ... Please advise ......

Khoobg
Webmaster

Dec 3, 2001, 2:52 PM

Post #2 of 11 (10248 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ck_yap] Worms!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You have to make sure that you have given sufficient dosage of deworming tablet to your dog. One tablet is normally for 10kg of body weight. Insufficient dosage will not get rid of the worm.

In such case, you should deworm your dog immediately and with another dose 21 days later if the worm infestation in heavy

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Dec 3, 2001, 6:53 PM)

Alexthian
Dog Kichi

Dec 4, 2001, 6:05 AM

Post #3 of 11 (10240 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ck-yap] Worms!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Frownyap:
how about ur bulldog puppy now? is his skin more better now?
what brand deworm table u let ur dog take?
why not u try to use "heart guard",is good...
m'i right derrick "sifu"???Cool

Khoobg
Webmaster

Dec 4, 2001, 6:17 AM

Post #4 of 11 (10237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Alexthian] Worms!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Heartgard is for the prevention of Heartworm that must be taken by your dog monthly. While Heartgard may be effective against some of the worms, you will still need Deworm Tablet to get rid of Roundworms, whipworms, tapeworms, hookworms. In general, it is high recommended to deworm your dog every three months

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Dec 4, 2001, 6:42 AM)

Alexthian
Dog Kichi

Dec 4, 2001, 6:26 AM

Post #5 of 11 (10235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Worms!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Piratekhoo:
ohh!!! so is taht mean any type of deworm tablet aslo can me let my puppy take??
Unsurewhy the vet told me that the puppy after take "heartgard" no need to take deworm tablet anymore....
oh!!!!!!!my god ...i kenal tipu again.............MadMadnfhasfhuweofjqeopfjqwe0fu9weirwekfoakcfoa

Khoobg
Webmaster

Dec 4, 2001, 6:56 AM

Post #6 of 11 (10231 views)
Shortcut

Heartgard Plus instruction says that it is also effective against Roundworms (Ascarids) and Hookworms. These are the common worms. Your vet is not wrong either by saying that you can do away with normal deworming tablets as infestation of tapeworm is not so common. Deworm your dog regularly as an added prevention Smile

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

Derrickok
Novice

Dec 4, 2001, 8:01 AM

Post #7 of 11 (10228 views)
Shortcut

How many times U kenal tipu before you become smart?
This joke is in reply to you telling me this is how I look.

Re: [Derrickok] i found the boxer puppy for sale [In reply to] Quote | Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

derric:
haaaaaaa.........derric,ur face look like this ya......wooooo,so cool..hahahahahahahaha.
sorry awlyas to ask u about the puppy, becasse i really hope that i can have 1 of them. anyway thank for ur help,and i will send u a message after 25-12-2001 ok...thank a lot .bye

(This post was edited by Derrickok on Dec 4, 2001, 8:09 AM)

jason
Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2001, 7:45 PM

Post #8 of 11 (10220 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Worms!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi to allWink

I feed my dog with Praziplus deworm tablet, how about its performance? It was recommended by a pet shop and I have no experience in this.
Thanks.

regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

ck_yap
Novice

Dec 4, 2001, 8:50 PM

Post #9 of 11 (10216 views)
Shortcut

My dog's puppy skin recovering but not much better. Bout the deworming tablet i gave her one tablet when i got her which is around 3 months old. This month gave her another one. Gonna tell the vet bout the worm thing on my next visit. And he ask me to do heartworm check next month. He also says if result negative then just give heartgard no need deworm.

Derrickok
Novice

Dec 5, 2001, 4:36 PM

Post #10 of 11 (10208 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alex,
When U kenal tipu from A to Z U will get use to it. But don't ever kenal tipu from Z to A.
Let me tell you something first. A worm tablet will only cost U RM5 to RM6 each where as a box of Haertguard will hit U something like RM 70 to RM80.
If there is a pile of money in front of U in all denominations, RM1000, RM500 RM100 RM50 and RM10 as well as RM2 & RM1. I am sure you and I will not look at the RM2 & RM1 notes
My very humble advice to you is. Since now you have this forum to communicate, occasionally I may poke you in the ribs, when it comes to serious matters, we are all prepared to share knowledge with you.
A vet has also got to make a living you know?
That sums up your remark "i kenal tipu again"
I am using Vermox meant for human beings readily available at the pharmacy, The one dose tablet 500mg. If your dog is a puppy less than 10 kg, give one half and if your dog is more than 15 kg give all.
Regards.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Dec 5, 2001, 7:16 PM

Post #11 of 11 (10205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] Worms!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

there are deworming tablets sold on this site as well..maybe you can have a look at them..

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Rainbow -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my