Home: Breed Specific: Hound Group:
Coat is changing

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

carmine

May 19, 2003, 7:31 AM

Post #1 of 122 (4789 views)
Shortcut
Coat is changing Can't Post

My beagle Snowy's coat is changing colour and becaming wavy. Is there anything wrong or she's just changing her coat like someone told me?

kbs
Enthusiast

May 20, 2003, 6:09 PM

Post #2 of 122 (4778 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carmine] Coat is changing [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Carmine,

Don't worry, it is normal. Smile

The pup's layers of coat will be replaced by the adult coat in the growing up process.

Regards,
KBS

doodle
ALPHA

May 20, 2003, 6:29 PM

Post #3 of 122 (4776 views)
Shortcut

My doodle's fur is also changing colour. From black to brownish tan. His ear has brown spots now. I prefer brown rather than black. I think black is not as smooth! ahahahhCool

carmine

May 21, 2003, 5:05 AM

Post #4 of 122 (4771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kbs] Coat is changing [In reply to] Can't Post

Hie kbs..

does that means that her coat will be wavy from now onwards ? how strange !

her coat colour is changing from black to slightly brown also. can i do anything about it or it will be replaced by fully brown ?

Her paws are slightly reddish.. what can i do to get rid of the reddish around her paws ? a whitenning shampoo ?

snoopydog
Enthusiast

May 21, 2003, 5:51 AM

Post #5 of 122 (4769 views)
Shortcut

Hi Carmine,

The reddish spots around her paws could be due to licking. The saliva causes the white fur to change colour. My vet said it's nothing to be too concerned about, unless the licking becomes too excessive. Just monitor your snowy for a while and see if it gets any worse. If it does, just bring her to your vet for an opinion. Smile

icaruz

Jul 28, 2003, 11:57 PM

Post #6 of 122 (4722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snoopydog] Coat is changing [In reply to] Can't Post

How old is your puppy when he/she changed colour?

carmine

Jul 29, 2003, 6:46 AM

Post #7 of 122 (4719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icaruz] Coat is changing [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you asking me ? I guess she was about 4-month-old that time .

Josephine

Jul 29, 2003, 4:59 PM

Post #8 of 122 (4715 views)
Shortcut

My puppy is changing color, she is only 8 weeks old now. Tongue

Regards,
Josephine

(This post was edited by Josephine on Jul 29, 2003, 5:02 PM)

annkam100

Jul 29, 2003, 7:34 PM

Post #9 of 122 (4708 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Josephine] Coat is changing [In reply to] Can't Post

My puppy is also changing his coat. He has more brown patches on his body now.Hmm...his ear color is also getting lighter.

Hehehe...I'm taking pictures of him mostly everyday.

Josephine, your Lilo is so cute no wonder who manja her and let her sleep with you Sly

My Nero, is getting very naughty...still pee & potty everwhere in the hse. Anyone can help and share their experience??

What can your puppy do at 2-3mths of age? Anyone to share their furkids progress?

--Ann--

carmine

Jul 30, 2003, 6:12 AM

Post #10 of 122 (4703 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annkam100] Coat is changing [In reply to] Can't Post

I trained Snowy to pee and poo outside the compound. She always did it in the house last time when she was 2 to 3 months. So I leashed her after meal and wait together with her. She may runaround and play but when I see her turning around in circle, I will quickly leash her to the place I want her to do it and praise her everytime after she pee/poo. It works !

annkam100

Jul 30, 2003, 6:31 PM

Post #11 of 122 (4697 views)
Shortcut

As I'm working it would be pretty hard for me to teach him consistently. However, when I'm around I'll try to teach him as much as I can. Nowadays, I'll bring him to the designated paper area for him to do his business after meals. He is only able to do in correctly before I leave for work but after that...it is everywhere else..Unsure I did praise him lavishly when he does it right and even give him a treat. Hope my effort will be paid off soon..

--Ann--

carmine

Jul 31, 2003, 7:02 AM

Post #12 of 122 (4692 views)
Shortcut

Be patient and I hope that Nero can learn fast :) Snowy used to pee on every towel she saw, even a single drop she will be happy with it. But now she just dun even look at them, she target the pillow on the sofa to chew and drag outdoor.

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 31, 2003, 8:25 PM

Post #13 of 122 (4686 views)
Shortcut

You'll be surprise.... my dog likes to jump up my parents' bed and urine on their pillow... he..he...

I alwiz kena marah for that...

Regards,
Swee eng

carmine

Aug 1, 2003, 6:54 AM

Post #14 of 122 (4676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] Coat is changing [In reply to] Can't Post

Snowy used to do that too, she will jump up to the bed and pee there, but not on the pillow though... pillow is easier to change lah.. mine is the mattress lah friend !

icaruz

Aug 1, 2003, 9:06 PM

Post #15 of 122 (4671 views)
Shortcut

wow...Lilo is very cute..my beagle now is mostly black and white..her forhead is abit light..i dont know id it'll turn grey, light brown or stay in between. Hope she has more brown soon..She's very naughty. sometimes she will do her business on the paper sometimes she would perpously do it on the floor or other places. Sigh..hope she learns soon..i dont want to whack her..

Josephine

Aug 1, 2003, 10:14 PM

Post #16 of 122 (4669 views)
Shortcut

Thanks! Lilo looks cute in that picture, but now her head is getting longer, not that adorable already. Unimpressed May I know how old of ur beagle? What is her name?

Regards,
Josephine

icaruz

Aug 4, 2003, 8:04 PM

Post #17 of 122 (4655 views)
Shortcut

My beagle is 3 months old..i call her ge ge..(or however you spell it) hehe..Tongue How old is Lilo? My beagle's head also getting longer..she used to be quite plump..not fat..now she's thin and i dunno why because she's still eating all her food and i even feed her more..she's longer now..sigh..Unsure

Josephine

Aug 4, 2003, 8:16 PM

Post #18 of 122 (4653 views)
Shortcut

Lilo is 2 months old now.

Regards,
Josephine

annkam100

Aug 7, 2003, 1:06 AM

Post #19 of 122 (4644 views)
Shortcut

Carmine,

Just to update you that Nero is now able to go potty on his own Wink I'm very happy with his progress. Thanks for the advice and word of encourgement earlier on.

--Ann--

carmine

Aug 8, 2003, 7:02 AM

Post #20 of 122 (4637 views)
Shortcut

So fast ? What a clever doggie :) Snowy will go out to pee and poo herself too.. but mind u, there may be accident sometimes, maybe she just couldnt tahan, but anyway, Congrats ! Will love to meet him soon!

annkam100

Aug 9, 2003, 1:07 AM

Post #21 of 122 (4632 views)
Shortcut

Yes indeed he is very clever...so far, no accidents.Hehehe.....Cool

The only thing is that he is becoming very rebelious these days. Just like kids "talking back" at their parents. Nero would bark at us each time we scold him. I found out that he is those kind which need soft guidance....cannot punish or beat him. He loves ppl calling him goodboy & he will do whatever. Really funny seeing him wag his tail with pleasure when I call out "Nero goodboy".Sly

He also learn to jump up the sofa nowadays. At one time when I was about to sit on my sofa he just ran & jump up on it first...hehehe....look at the photo below.I bet the picture will bring a smile to your face!!Tongue
Attachments: DSC01445.JPG (131 KB)

Josephine

Aug 9, 2003, 5:16 PM

Post #22 of 122 (4628 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ann,

Nero looks so cute in that picture Laugh. Look charming too!! Laugh His ears are so big... Angelic

U know what, this few days LILO has improved a little bit, she saw me holding "rotan" and she will run away. She bite me, I said "NO", then she will stop slowly. Blush

LILO also try to jump up to the sofa and my bed too, but she is not enough tall yet. Tongue What she can do is only sit in front of the sofa/bed and look at me, some time bark at me too.. Tongue so funny...

Regards,
Josephine

Josephine

Aug 9, 2003, 8:19 PM

Post #23 of 122 (4625 views)
Shortcut

No wonder he want to jump up on the sofa lar, ur sofa look so comfortable lar!! Laugh HA HA HA!!! Nero so clever!!

Regards,
Josephine

carmine

Aug 10, 2003, 8:42 AM

Post #24 of 122 (4622 views)
Shortcut

Oh.. thats exactly what Snowy is doing to us.. she will bark at us when we scold her.. everytime she's naughty i will scold her and ask her 'down'.. eventually she will down but she still look very 'ng gum yuen' and will bark softly.. She got very jealous when she see everyone sitting on the sofa and she will run from far far away and *doink* on the sofa without asking for permission. sometimes when theres no space for her to sit, she will lie half of her body on the sofa while standing on the floor (just like what she does in the attached pic)
Attachments: May02193.JPG (75.2 KB)

annkam100

Aug 12, 2003, 1:12 AM

Post #25 of 122 (4610 views)
Shortcut

Aiyoh, Nero is driving me crazy liow. Last Sunday, I don't get to ZZzzz till late because he barks and barks...calling me up. No choice lo, what to do I had to wake up and play with him.Frown Not enough sleep lar.

I try to teach him new things this week. Like quiet & no biting.....hmm...very susah. He just won't listen. When I hold him tight and ask him to stop biting he will stop but then for awhile he will try to struggle out from my arms. You gals know what??? Nero the hero has now learn to "phat pei hei" with me. After I let go of him he just ran to the front door and pee on the floor. I don't think this is an accident cos he did the same thing last Friday after I scolded him badly for barking out loud for no reason.Mad Hmm...just like kids i think we just need to spend ENOUGH quality time with our furkids.

Hey Carmine..Snowy looks so manja from the pic. She is also so big already. Sly

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my