Where to get a Bullmastiff?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

annkam100

Jul 28, 2003, 10:04 PM

Post #1 of 40 (7492 views)
Shortcut
Where to get a Bullmastiff? Can't Post

Hi Everyone out there...

If you have any information on where I can get a bullmastiff pup, pls do let me know. Currently, I'm owning a Beagle who is nearly 3months of age.

Thanks in advance for the help...

RealityDreamer, if you are reading this maybe u can let me know where u got yours.Cool

Cheers,

-- Ann --

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 29, 2003, 12:58 PM

Post #2 of 40 (7480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annkam100] Where to get a Bullmastiff? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi annkam100,

Are you considering to import one from overseas? If you do considering it... you may start researching about infor of breeders & kennels tru the net. Most ofthem will have nice official websites, pictures and video cilps of the dogs/pups are included as well. If you are just looking around in m'sian, well~ nothing much I could tell but "MKA breeders' list".

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

chris78
K9 Maniac

Jul 29, 2003, 5:03 PM

Post #3 of 40 (7478 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Where to get a Bullmastiff? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ann,

Before getting one, better check with DEFRA or MKA whether they do allow a Bullmastiff. If you really plan to get one, that's good. I hardly see one when I was back home. All the best!Smile

annkam100

Jul 29, 2003, 7:00 PM

Post #4 of 40 (7477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chris78] Where to get a Bullmastiff? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Ying & Chris,

Thanks for the feedback. I think it would be pretty troublesome for me to import the pup from overseas. As what I was told, the pup need to be quarantine...I don't think I trust the people working at the airport & custom. <sigh> Those ppl hate dogs. Frown

Currently, I'm thinking of getting one locally. At this point of time, I don't have the intention to show my dog so I'm not so worried about the thingy.

Actually, I called upon an advert.in STAR but to my dismay it is a petshop...really scary to get a dogs from petshops nowadays as you won't know whether it would be healthy or not. The person told me the pup (female ) is goin for Rm800.

Regards,

--Ann--

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 29, 2003, 7:34 PM

Post #5 of 40 (7475 views)
Shortcut

Of course it's totally up to your preference.

About the quarantine station in KLIA. Trusted or not, i think they did their job when was there. and I did gained a lot of helps from Mr. Khoo, forum members & frens which made everything easier and smoother~

(This post was edited by mackmack on Jul 29, 2003, 7:35 PM)

Alexthian
Dog Kichi

Jul 29, 2003, 9:28 PM

Post #6 of 40 (7470 views)
Shortcut

hello:

annkam,if you really wanto to get a good bloodline bullmasttiff ,i think i can help you lo...but the price for this puppy is about rm1.5k to rm 2.0k....and the parent of the puppy is champain (malaysia)...but dunno my friends still got the puppy or not....so if you really intertest please let me know ..and don't worry ..the puppy is not from the pet shop....ok!

accualty i want to get the puppy from him aslo (few week ago),but i keep rottweiller and then my house is not so big...so i didn't buy it lo....

or did you intertest rottweiller or dobermen?i aslo had few can introduce to you...

if you really intertset ....just send me a email ok?

alex3782002@yahoo.com

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 30, 2003, 9:43 AM

Post #7 of 40 (7464 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chris78] Where to get a Bullmastiff? [In reply to] Can't Post

My uncle is keeping one, named TIGER, i posted his pic in the photo gallery. He is very gentle, but always knocked things down without realising it was becoz of his strength. When my grandma was doing gardening, TIGER will get close try to kiss my grandma (kepor to see what's my grandma doing there on the groud). The very second he got close to her.... aiyoyo~ my grandma can't balance herself and always fell on the groud from the stool she sat on while doing gardening. Then you can imagine Tiger's strength for just "getting close" to someone.CrazyBlush

annkam100

Jul 30, 2003, 6:50 PM

Post #8 of 40 (7461 views)
Shortcut

I think Ill try to contact the one breeder in Johor called Evershine.

Thanks for your contact Alex, I'll be writing you a mail shortly.

WIll be updating you guys again when I got my bullmastiff.

--Ann--

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 31, 2003, 2:57 AM

Post #9 of 40 (7451 views)
Shortcut

Hi there Ann,Smile

I replied in the other thread already.

The breeder i bought Tyson from has stopped breeding his bitchUnsure

Try calling MKA for a breeder's list.

To Cris-Yes.they do allow importing bullmastiffs although they are on the 'restricted breeds' list along with the gsd's,rotties,dobbies etc.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 31, 2003, 3:06 AM

Post #10 of 40 (7450 views)
Shortcut

lol

know what you mean! Tyson is sooo strong!Smile

the other i couldn't play with him in the afternoon(tuition) and the teacher didn't really like dogs. So he came around near the window and started whining. Luckily tuition was ending. When it ended, I called him. He was at the back at the house, I was in front.

He came running full speed, couldn't stop in time and knocked into me. My gosh!! His knock knocked me off the ground. And he's only 4mths+!!!Tongue
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 31, 2003, 3:12 AM

Post #11 of 40 (7448 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Where to get a Bullmastiff? [In reply to] Can't Post

I luv large breed dogs.Smile a true pretender.

Alexthian
Dog Kichi

Jul 31, 2003, 7:08 AM

Post #12 of 40 (7446 views)
Shortcut

hello:

annkam100,so where u stay?>in jb?

if you want to go to the evershine kennel...and if you got time i suggest you can go to the other one kennel in kempas aslo....the name is von vom kennel...they breed rott and bullmastiff...

if you really can't get the bullmastiff,please let me know and i will help you ....ok! don't worry! i'm not the dog breeder or pet shop owner....some like you ,i love dog,and hope can help the other to get in this hobby also..

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 31, 2003, 7:09 AM

Post #13 of 40 (7445 views)
Shortcut

hehe...all too true.

big body=big heartSmileSmileSmile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

bullmastiff
Novice

Aug 5, 2003, 7:05 PM

Post #14 of 40 (7427 views)
Shortcut

Ann,
Hopfully I could make it before your purchase. Pls don't get any puppy from Evershine Kennel JB, unless they could prove it to you that their puppies are HD free, and the purchase should c/w HD warranty.
My friend bought a bullmastiff pup from Evershine, who told him that the parents were Australian champion. The puppy was sold at RM1,500 with MKA. One year later (ie last year), the puppy was cripple (see with my own eye), and diagnosed/confirmed by a vet to be HD carrier. No medication could cure the illness which is inheritant. The said Bullmastiff remains cripple until today.
When a kennel selling quite a few breeds of dog, it should be classified as puppy mill.

annkam100

Aug 7, 2003, 1:20 AM

Post #15 of 40 (7416 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bullmastiff] Where to get a Bullmastiff? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Bullmastiff, Thanks for your concern. Luckily, I have not got intouch with Evershine yet. Thanks again for bringing up to me the common sickness of BM. Actually I saw a 5months old pup last week from a so called breeder in Penang. The condition of the place is damn TERUK...they have Shitzu, Dalmation, Bullmastiff & got knows what breed...all very sick looking and the place was so dirty. Eeee....very scary and pity all those dogs there.Frown I will try to buy from individual who are really dogs lovers and cares for their pet. Still looking for one to come along.....

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 7, 2003, 7:18 AM

Post #16 of 40 (7412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bullmastiff] Where to get a Bullmastiff? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there bullmastiff,

from your user name, i assume you have a bullmastiff(s)? are you familiar with their genetics and colouring?

well, my bullmastiff's brindle but all his parent's,grand parent's, great grandparents and great-great grandparents were either fawn or red. No trace of brindle registered in his B/C . Is this common? or rarity?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

annkam100

Aug 7, 2003, 10:23 PM

Post #17 of 40 (7408 views)
Shortcut

Maybe I can get one from Reality Dreamer??? Any chance of your doggie havin any pups yet? Smile

Any pictures of him?

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 7, 2003, 11:10 PM

Post #18 of 40 (7406 views)
Shortcut

lol..well,Tyson's a male...Tongue

I'm not so sure abt breeding him yet..he is after all only 5mths oldLaugh if we do breed him,i'll refer you to the breeder whose bitch he mated with.Smile

pictures? here's a link to the my gallery Smile the pictures were taken 2 mths ago.

http://photogallery.pets2u.com.my/...ort=1&ppuser=312
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

annkam100

Aug 9, 2003, 12:53 AM

Post #19 of 40 (7400 views)
Shortcut

Hi RealityDreamer.

Your Tyson is really nice...so far I look at 2 bullmastiff aged 5month in Penang. All of them, are fawn in color but the face is not so nice. It does not have the "sagging" look on their mouth. UnsureI'm still looking around, hopefully will come across one soon.Smile

CHeers

--Ann--

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 9, 2003, 4:15 AM

Post #20 of 40 (7393 views)
Shortcut

thanks..Smile

hmm...at the last gathering,if i'm not mistaken there was a guy who breeds bullmastiffs and dogue de bourdeux's..i also met him at the dogathon. but i didn't get his contact thoughUnsure

will try to get it the next time i see him. I'll looking around Smile

btw, what's your budget?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 9, 2003, 8:03 PM

Post #21 of 40 (7388 views)
Shortcut

oh..just remembered

you're looking for a home bred one right? need champion blood? or no need?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

annkam100

Aug 12, 2003, 12:57 AM

Post #22 of 40 (7384 views)
Shortcut

I would prefer to buy one from a dog lover instead of a person who breeds just to make $$$. Hmm..I don't really need a champion line but the most important thing is that the pups are healthy. As for the price, I guess around Rm1000-Rm1500. Thinking of this really makes me think of my pocket now. Broke liow <sigh> Frown

"Telima kasih" in advance for your help and concern Smile

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 12, 2003, 8:00 AM

Post #23 of 40 (7381 views)
Shortcut

don't mention it Smile

Smilehmm...I'll see if I can get lower than that..from a dog lover of course.

any preference for colour? fawn? red? brindle? don't mind?

male or female? don't mind?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

(This post was edited by RealityDreamer on Aug 12, 2003, 8:02 AM)

bullmastiff
Novice

Aug 13, 2003, 6:04 PM

Post #24 of 40 (7368 views)
Shortcut

Hi RealityDreamer,
Sorry for the delay, coz I don't surf that often (working mah).
Oh yes, I have a 2-year old male fawn Bullmastiff and a 6-month old female Rottweiler, but not really an expert, just like to keep dog only.
I think your brindle BM is perfectly OK, I've seen a brindle female breed 5 fawn puppies before, it's kind of genetics.
Rgds,
Philip.

(This post was edited by bullmastiff on Aug 13, 2003, 6:05 PM)

bullmastiff
Novice

Aug 13, 2003, 6:17 PM

Post #25 of 40 (7366 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ann,
That's right, we should only get puppy from a dog lover/breeder, and that's the least that we could do to eliminate puppy mill.
Apart from the initial cost, please consider that BM is a large breed dog which need higher maintenance cost. It's a big eater, it eats every meal as if it has not been eating for 3 days!! and quality food is essential for the first 12 months.
Rdgs,
Philip

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my