Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: General: Chit Chat:
You have learnt more than things related to dogs.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 13, 2002, 5:42 PM

Post #1 of 80 (6190 views)
Shortcut
     You have learnt more than things related to dogs.  

I have decided to make this forum ever so interesting.
I have decided to give away as a prize to any member of this forum who could guess correctly what is meant by the subject line.
The prize will be Kushadow Midsummer Nite's Dream a female Dalmatian 20 months old; Malaysian Champion; fully trained and had yet to be defeated in the show ring.
The duration of this guessing game is 30 days.

agd
Novice

Jun 13, 2002, 7:20 PM

Post #2 of 80 (6183 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Derrickok] You have learnt more than things related to dogs. [In reply to]  

Derrick, your serious about this? Midsummer's? Will catch-up with u later after I'm back from the States and the show in Long Beach......

Regards,

Aloy

aspaul66
Dog Kichi

Jun 13, 2002, 7:50 PM

Post #3 of 80 (6182 views)
Shortcut

uncle dk

are you serious??! she's so precious!! what if she ends up with someone who cannot take good care of her, mistreats her or even wastes her potential?

aruna

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 13, 2002, 8:00 PM

Post #4 of 80 (6181 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [agd] You have learnt more than things related to dogs. [In reply to]  

Of course I am serious!!
While you are in America, please try to notice if there are any animal cruelty there or not.

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 13, 2002, 8:04 PM

Post #5 of 80 (6180 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [aspaul66] You have learnt more than things related to dogs. [In reply to]  

Of course I am serious, when has The Consultant pulled your leg?
Mistreating her etc etc, that is a risk I will have to take, but I also reserve my rights to visit her.

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jun 13, 2002, 8:20 PM

Post #6 of 80 (6179 views)
Shortcut

Hi uncle Derrick,

That's real cool!

How do we participate? By sending the answer to this forum or send u a personal email?

How/when do u judge those entries? At the end of the 30th day or u announce a winner that match your answer at anytime? Wink

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 13, 2002, 8:57 PM

Post #7 of 80 (6175 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [cdmoo] You have learnt more than things related to dogs. [In reply to]  

Please post your answers or whatever you feel that was in my mind in this section.
At the end or even before the 30 days if the answer is correct, I shall make the announcement.
Everything is done above board, I can assure you that when I make the announcement, every one will not feel being cheated or wrongly set aside.

ginl
ALPHA

Jun 13, 2002, 10:19 PM

Post #8 of 80 (6170 views)
Shortcut

SmileSlySmileSly oh yay! a contest for a prized dalmatian SmileSlySmileSly

psstttt....do u also include transportation of mid summer frm KL to Penang? Laugh Wait till Biscuit finds out....he'll be so pleased to know he may hv a full time humping target soon Laugh

(This post was edited by ginl on Jun 13, 2002, 10:22 PM)

aspaul66
Dog Kichi

Jun 13, 2002, 10:54 PM

Post #9 of 80 (6164 views)
Shortcut

Uncle DK, this is very tricky.Frown "...your answers or whatever you feel that was in my mind in this section.' Honestly, it could be anything at all under the sun! Cool Nevertheless, because the young lady is sooo beautiful and talented, we will endeavour to read your mind....I may not know show-business but I sure can love her and take care of her. Show-business stuff I will learn from you, or you can pinjam her from me to show.

I am preparing my thoughts on your thoughts and will be back with my thoughts.

tq & bye

aruna

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 14, 2002, 2:45 AM

Post #10 of 80 (6158 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [ginl] You have learnt more than things related to dogs. [In reply to]  

The last time your Biscuit met Shrew who is the younger sister of Midsummer Nite. Did you not remember he had to find a pillow to hide? The temper and vanity of Midsummer Nite is worse than Shrew by ten fold.
So, what makes you think that a midget manager of yours...........?
No need to pssttttt. If you can guess my thought, transportation, one month's food supply and all her trophies are included.
Just because you are someone special, I'll give you a clue. It has to do with Puppy com.

ginl
ALPHA

Jun 14, 2002, 4:06 AM

Post #11 of 80 (6154 views)
Shortcut

LOL yes i remember....Shrew was and still is the only dog that he is afraid of....your Shrew was mean to him showing her teeth and all Frown ....but served him right i suppose....taught him not all dogs will put up with his behaviour heheh.....and if midsummer is worst than Shrew then i don't even want to think what will happen if the two of them get together Shocked

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 14, 2002, 4:45 AM

Post #12 of 80 (6152 views)
Shortcut

Love at first sight may be? or Hate till eternity.
Wanna give it a try?

delithra

Jun 14, 2002, 5:22 AM

Post #13 of 80 (6148 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Uncle Derrick Shocked.... I believe that you would not part with your treasure, not for free, and not for a price unless you knew she was going to a good home...Sly "Everything is done above board, I can assure you that when I make the announcement, every one will not feel being cheated or wrongly set aside." This translates to mean that when you give us the answer, you will be very confident that no one will feel cheated or wrongly set aside because NO ONE would have guessed! hahaha.....I dont think it is remotely possible to guess the great ideas, flashes of brilliance and thoughts that linger in Uncle Derrick's mind...but I wouldn't mind the fun of trying!Wink

delithra

Jun 14, 2002, 5:35 AM

Post #14 of 80 (6147 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [delithra] You have learnt more than things related to dogs. [In reply to]  

Can I make the first guess? Here I go (not in vain I hope!) but someone needs to start Wink

Ok Uncle Derrick, I think you are reflecting onto yourself and how this site has shown you about ....how people are...and how much you are needed by the rest of us....but most important, how dogs bring people together.

Well....that's not going to win me a celebrity dalmation, but that is what I have learnt!

Deli

Ps- could you start a simpler competition and give away a goldie?Cool

delithra

Jun 14, 2002, 6:50 AM

Post #15 of 80 (6139 views)
Shortcut

When the Consultant says member of the forum, does the Consultant mean member per se, or does it include the rest of us registered users, irregardless of our 'titles'? Unsure

I am going to have 29 sleepless nights starting today.

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 14, 2002, 6:51 AM

Post #16 of 80 (6139 views)
Shortcut

I can honestly and sincerely assure you that everything is fair and square. I have never believe in witch hunts and the last thing I would do is to seek personel glory.
Members come and members go. If they think my postings are useful, then use it.
You can keep on guessing and I'll tell you when you have hit the nail on the head.

delithra

Jun 14, 2002, 8:40 AM

Post #17 of 80 (6132 views)
Shortcut

I wasn't kidding when I said you have given me 29 sleepless nights Uncle Derrick ..lol.

Sleepless Night No. 1 means Idea No. 1, Scene 1, Act 1 :-

When you say the above, you have left it unfinished. What you meant to say to all of us is " You have learnt more than things related to dogs. You have learnt to be dogs."

And what you mean by that is, we all on puppy.com only try very enthusiastically to solve problems (like this riddle) when there is an appealing reward at the end. Other than that, we let you do all our dirty work and solve our problems. That is why you are always trying to teach us something by giving us a few days to think of means and ways to solve our problems.

Deli

aspaul66
Dog Kichi

Jun 14, 2002, 5:43 PM

Post #18 of 80 (6120 views)
Shortcut

Uncle Derrick, i agree with deli, that i don’t think i can ever, ever guess what your brilliant (and sometimes wicked) mind was thinking of at the time you posted your quiz; but never say never again…..we will keep trying and in the process you will achieve what you aimed to do – to make this forum ever so interesting and generate more postings.

(i woke up every few hours last night; kept trying to figure out what the brilliant (and sometimes wicked) mind was thinking of…....)

You have learnt more than things related to dogs. Here it is:

Although this forum is meant for dog-lovers/enthusiasts to post questions, opinions, information on raising, breeding, keeping, handling, training dogs etc. etc., through this forum we all have also learnt many other things.

Like how to make new friends; make effective, civilised communications; feeling compassion; sharing with each other – although we are all perfect strangers to each other (like when someone with a very tight schedule still spared his precious time to visit another member’s house to look at her doggy.)

Even though the topics discussed in each posting relates to dog-care, the personality of each member who spares their time to discuss other people’s problems shines through; the experts don’t gain anything by answering the newbies’ questions, but they still do. I’ve learnt that even when I become ‘very clever’ about something, I should generously share my knowledge and expertise/experience.

There is a sense of comradeship among members, irrespective of the age, gender, race, origin, economic status, knowledge – we learn to put aside our bias, prejudices and know that common interest (dogs)can bring different types of people together.

We also learn funny or peculiar things/incidents about members who are posting because as we write, we are sharing parts of our lives (like an open book) to whoever logs in and cares to read the post. And since dogs are our hobby, we have another part to our lives as well; and from this other part of our lives, we can share a lot of information about other things such as PCs, general knowledge etc.

In fact, we learn a lot about human-nature, as well as dog-nature!!

There - i've tried to read your mind.

aruna

(This post was edited by aspaul66 on Jun 14, 2002, 6:18 PM)

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Jun 15, 2002, 5:11 AM

Post #19 of 80 (6104 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [aspaul66] You have learnt more than things related to dogs. [In reply to]  

Unbelievable! *shakes head in amazement* I'm gone for less than a week, and Uncle Derrick offers a purebred show champion to the person who can read his mind! Well, I'm certainly gonna put my two cents worth! Wink Unfortunately, Aruna seems to have summed up what I wanted to say Shocked, lol.

Anyway, I think what you're trying to say is : We have learnt how to communicate with each other, we've also learned the likes/dislikes about each other too. And... we've learned that Uncle Derrick is very particular about who he's sharing his information with! Wink lol. Hafta introduce ourselves to the forum before they get what they want!

I'll be back with more! Can't stand to miss out on this opportunity! hehe

-= Tisha =-

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 15, 2002, 7:21 AM

Post #20 of 80 (6099 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] You have learnt more than things related to dogs. [In reply to]  

Some of you are getting very near. I am not asking members and participants to read my mind. Perhaps I should give you a little clue. What I am saying is puppycom is a forum, its objective is to discuss and exchange information on dogs. But in addition to exchanges of ideas and information, members are learning something that are useful in future applications. What is it?

ginl
ALPHA

Jun 15, 2002, 8:23 AM

Post #21 of 80 (6097 views)
Shortcut

Ok here's a wild guess for the dream dog....apart frm exchanging ideas and information, members hv also learnt that not all things are handed to you in a silver platter....if you are gracious and courteous enough it might just be and if you do get that privilege, do not take it for granted and learn how to appreciate it....also, we must always think and look carefully before we ask coz sometimes everything becomes so mixed up what with repetition and all in the end the consultant also pening kepala Tongue

Got dream dog or not? I'll settle for the sony robot dog as a consolation Laugh

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 15, 2002, 2:43 PM

Post #22 of 80 (6091 views)
Shortcut

Got dream dog or not? I'll settle for the sony robot dog as a consolation
A & W drive in Hot Dog I may treat you to one.

(This post was edited by Derrickok on Jun 15, 2002, 2:46 PM)

delithra

Jun 15, 2002, 5:31 PM

Post #23 of 80 (6086 views)
Shortcut

I got up at 5.30 am and logged on. I stared at the picture of Inky and Inky stared back at me. I hadnt' a word to type. Suddenly Inky began to look very human.....and I dug deep for the answer...what possible 'trait' or' virtue' have we all learned, which is most useful, and which we shall continue to use in future?

Have we improved ourselves in some way, as a result of our participation in this forum? If so, how has everyone benefited and what is it that we have learnt?

Have we learnt that it is ok to ask for help when we need it? Or have we learnt that it feels great to be able to help someone else understand and solve their problem? Do we feel a mutual sense of benefit when somone is able to overcome a problem? have we learnt to care about another's problem?

Will be thinking about it again, while I go to view my 6 litters of goldies today all over the Klang Valley and Klang starting at 10 am.
Cherrio mates! Good luck Wink!!

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 15, 2002, 5:43 PM

Post #24 of 80 (6084 views)
Shortcut

Well, you have something there, but sad to say it is in rojak form. Take out the gravy, remove the seasonings, separate the different type of veggies and fruits. Your answer is there!!!!!!

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jun 15, 2002, 6:37 PM

Post #25 of 80 (6082 views)
Shortcut

Hi Deli,
Good luck in searching for ur little goldie today...
U might get ur Dal very soon too Wink

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my