Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Strange thing happening while entering neighbour’s house

bluetoise2020
Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2003, 6:55 AM

Post #1 of 25 (3021 views)
Shortcut
Strange thing happening while entering neighbour’s house Can't Post

I enter my neighbour’s house today (18/07/2003). I carry two tennis balls for it to play, but it refused to play with the balls.

Then, some thing started to show up:

1. The dog owner call her dog to go indoor, it takes quite a long time.
  2. The dog refused to drink and eat when I am inside her house.
  3. The dog ran to living room, I hid outside. But I find out that the dog is still there.
  4. The dog seems scared. The dog owner said maybe it is not familiar with me.
  5. The dog stay at the entrance of the house (not at the gate, at the curtain). I leaved. When I arrived home, I watched the dog from long distance. It took quite a long time for it to leave the entrance.

What’s wrong with the dog? Anyone has the same or similar experience?

No Holds Barred 4everLove - my blog
My chit chat corner

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 18, 2003, 5:43 PM

Post #2 of 25 (3014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluetoise2020] Strange thing happening while entering neighbour’s house [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there...

The dogs don't have to be drinking / eating only when you come...

But overall, I don't think I can get what you trying to say...

Regards,
Swee Eng

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 18, 2003, 8:33 PM

Post #3 of 25 (3010 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluetoise2020] Strange thing happening while entering neighbour’s house [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

uhmm, i don't get it also. so what's the problem again??? the dog sounds normal anyway.

"takes quite a long time" - in what sense? walk slowly? play around first before entering??? please be more specific so that other members can troubleshoot ur problems :)

regards,
hunter

lulugurl
ALPHA

Jul 18, 2003, 10:31 PM

Post #4 of 25 (3006 views)
Shortcut

Erm..i also dont quite get wat ur trying to say...
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Jul 19, 2003, 1:52 AM

Post #5 of 25 (3001 views)
Shortcut

Smile err.. from what i see through your post, i don't really get it ? can you explain more about it ?
~~~ It'S a DoGgY DoG WorLD~~

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

YUMIKO masaki @ charming PARIS girl
love's dogs... true dog lover !!!
My PETS, My FRIEND, My FAMILY

MY DEAREST MITCHER BOY MUMMY WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU 13TH MAY 2007

ginl
ALPHA

Jul 19, 2003, 8:36 AM

Post #6 of 25 (2994 views)
Shortcut

1) The dog owner call her dog to go indoor, it takes quite a long time.
The dog is bad at recall, like my dog Tongue

2) The dog refused to drink and eat when I am inside her house.
The dog is not hungry or thirsty

3) The dog ran to living room, I hid outside. But I find out that the dog is still there.
The dog is shy, probably not used to stranger, dunno you so won't follow you

4) The dog seems scared. The dog owner said maybe it is not familiar with me.
Owner is right. The dog doesn't know you so he feels insecure

5) The dog stay at the entrance of the house (not at the gate, at the curtain). I leaved. When I arrived home, I watched the dog from long distance. It took quite a long time for it to leave the entrance.
The dog liked standing at the entrance, then after awhile it got bored so went outside to the gardenCrazy

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 19, 2003, 10:35 AM

Post #7 of 25 (2990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Strange thing happening while entering neighbour’s house [In reply to] Can't Post

hi gina,

well explained :) i really can't figure the answer myself.

*applause*

regards,
hunter

bluetoise2020
Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2003, 3:57 PM

Post #8 of 25 (2987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Strange thing happening while entering neighbour’s house [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey guys, you may be misinterpreting my post. The dog behaviour actually happened on the same day when I went to my neighbour's house.

Before I went to neighbour's house, everything is normal (the dog will come in not long after the master called, the dog drink when the master has prepared water, and it will go and drink, and it won't stay at the entrance when I'm not in her house)

What was happening was: First, when the master called it to go indoor, it refused to go; then, it refuse to drink water when the master has prepared; after that, I hid in a place, the dog was not drinking water, it stay in the living room.

Finally, the dog owner said maybe it's not familliar with me.

Is it clear?

No Holds Barred 4everLove - my blog
My chit chat corner

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 20, 2003, 12:33 AM

Post #9 of 25 (2981 views)
Shortcut

hi,

ohh, now i hear u loud and clear. perhaps it's really that the dog isn't familiar with u. it's being cautious or something.

regards,
hunter

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 21, 2003, 8:03 PM

Post #10 of 25 (2970 views)
Shortcut

What are you describing? That the dog acts differently (refuse to eat and drink) when you are present??

arial
Dog Kichi

Jul 21, 2003, 9:20 PM

Post #11 of 25 (2967 views)
Shortcut

bluetoise2020.....you've been underwater for too long....becoming very "FAI"!!!!

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 21, 2003, 9:31 PM

Post #12 of 25 (2965 views)
Shortcut

I guess Gina has answered your curiosity... Give yourself and the dog some time... probably one day it will be very friendly to you...

Regards,
Swee Eng

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 22, 2003, 4:54 AM

Post #13 of 25 (2960 views)
Shortcut

I think the dog's just not used to you,that's all. He has a different way of showing it. Some dogs agressive,some submissive...it varies from dog to dog. They're all individuals like us. Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 22, 2003, 4:29 PM

Post #14 of 25 (2952 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Smile

i dun see anything wrong with the way the dog is behaving. I mean, unless u have been standing there for like 24 hours but how would u know the dog is refusing the water? Like Gina said, he could be just not thirsty when u where there.

From what I gather, the dog is probably cautious of u because u're nearing his territory and he's just being alert. (he can't be alert and keep an eye on u while drinking and eating rite?) And yah, most probably the dog is not familiar with u.

But why is this a concern? Blush

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 22, 2003, 4:49 PM

Post #15 of 25 (2951 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Strange thing happening while entering neighbour’s house [In reply to] Can't Post

abit paranoid ler..... Wink

arial
Dog Kichi

Jul 22, 2003, 5:42 PM

Post #16 of 25 (2947 views)
Shortcut

De Dog just don't like you!!!!!

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 22, 2003, 11:53 PM

Post #17 of 25 (2942 views)
Shortcut

I don't see anything wrong with the dog. Normal for them to feel or act that way in front of a stranger. I would too if i see a stranger inside my house all I do is just say hi and go to my room.

cheers,
minglmy

xyne
Doggyman

Jul 29, 2003, 11:49 PM

Post #18 of 25 (2914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Strange thing happening while entering neighbour’s house [In reply to] Can't Post

i think this is by far the most amusing thread i've read...
LOL...Smile

i think the dog is fine!!!!

CrazyCrazyCrazy

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 30, 2003, 1:00 AM

Post #19 of 25 (2911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] Strange thing happening while entering neighbour’s house [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah.. as mentioned.. i think he got abit paranoid ler.. watch too much X-FilesWink

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 8:32 AM

Post #20 of 25 (2862 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Strange thing happening while entering neighbour’s house [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileSmileSmile ... just read this ... it's sooooo good ... LOL ...

Cheers

Gwinn
Old Kaki

Sep 11, 2003, 6:54 PM

Post #21 of 25 (2850 views)
Shortcut

This is really the funniest I have ever read...

my dear.. the problem is just YOU!! TongueTongue

Do you have a dog?? Go get a furkid.. or if you do, make sure you hug your furkid and then walk over to your neighbour's house, the dog will approach you and smell you.. trust me! Wink
Papasan, Mamasan, Jerry, Salsa, Samseng & Junior

Elly
ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 6:57 PM

Post #22 of 25 (2850 views)
Shortcut

Gina,

Puppycom is definately right to give your the title "Alpha". Good one woman!~Wink

Elly
ALPHA

Sep 11, 2003, 6:58 PM

Post #23 of 25 (2849 views)
Shortcut

Dear one,

My conclusion: IT IS A STRANGE DOG!~

P/S: next time throw him the tennis ball and see what happen....Wink

BaoBao
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2003, 10:32 PM

Post #24 of 25 (2822 views)
Shortcut

ah....... have u eaten any dog meat previously???

muahhahhahahaa....Wink

doodle
ALPHA

Sep 14, 2003, 12:58 AM

Post #25 of 25 (2819 views)
Shortcut

like what bao bao said,

Maybe you have eaten dog's meat?
or has a funny scent to dogs?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my