Home: General: Chit Chat:
Lend Me A Puppy.

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 11, 2002, 2:26 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1605 views)
Shortcut
Lend Me A Puppy. Can't Post

I will lend to you for a while a puppy, God said, For you to love him while he lives and to mourn for him when he is gone. Maybe for twelve or fourteen
years, Or maybe for months of only two or three But will you, till I call him back, Take care of him for me?
He'll bring his charms to gladden you And (should his stay be brief) you'll always have his memories as solace for your grief. I cannot promise that he
will stay, since all from earth return, But there are lessons taught below I want this pup to learn.
I've looked the whole world over in search of teachers true And from the folk that crowd life's land I have chosen you. Now will you give him all your love Nor think the labor vain Nor hate me when I come to take my pup back again?
I fancied that I heard them say "Dear Lord Thy will Be Done," For all the joys this pup will bring, the risk of grief you'll run. Will you shelter him with
tenderness, Will you love him while you may, And for the happiness you'll know forever grateful stay?
But should I call him back much sooner than you've planned Please brave the bitter grief that comes and try to understand. If, by your love, you've
managed my wishes to achieve, In memory of him that you've loved, cherished every moment with your faithful bundle, and know he loved you too.

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Jun 15, 2002, 5:15 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Lend Me A Puppy. [In reply to] Can't Post

AMEN!! Smile

-= Tisha =-

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 15, 2002, 4:51 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Lend Me A Puppy. [In reply to] Can't Post

I am glad to see that you have understood "Lend Me A Puppy". In a way it is a prayer, but the gist of it is, all things on earth were created by God. So when you buy a puppy, please don't ever think for a moment, you are the rightful owner and you could do what you want with 'your' puppy - love it, abuse it, cruel to it or even slaughter it -
Originally, that puppy belonged to God. He made it and he sent it down to earth. But because of the complexity with our society and the introduction of monetary system, you paid money for the puppy. In actual fact you are buying the puppy from God who has appointed the breeder as his agent.
The rest is self explanatory. So to those who are cruel to animals, think carefully. When God recalls you one day for your final judgement, he will either place you in heaven or send you down to hell. Either place you will have new found friends. Should God decides to send you into orbit, forever you will be travelling in circle. So beware!

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Jun 15, 2002, 7:48 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Lend Me A Puppy. [In reply to] Can't Post

That was as touching as the Rainbow Bridge story. Thankfully, all of us here from the forum are good owners (or on our way to become good owners)! Tongue I'm off to groom Sandra... then if the weather permits this afternoon (or tomorrow), I'll take a few pictures... Dogs are excellent models, don't you think? Wink

-= Tisha =-

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my