First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 11, 2003, 5:28 AM

Post #1 of 65 (4533 views)
Shortcut
Stamina Can't Post

SmileHi all

I'm a daily jogger and I jog about 3-4 km in the evenings. I also walk abt 2 km in the morning as well as another 2km at night. Is this too much for a rottweiler?

I have a 18-week-old Bullmastiff pup and I walk him 1-2 km in the morning ,1-2 km in the evening and 1-2 km at night at the moment. Is this too much for him? What is the proper amount of exercise for this large breed?? I'm really worried about his bone/joint growth..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

sslee80
ALPHA

Aug 6, 2003, 9:56 PM

Post #2 of 65 (4516 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Stamina [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey RD,

Have you seen my danes yet ar since you jog everyday? BTW, where do you live???

Well, I walk my dane everyday too. They just like it so much. i think it is important to excercise the dogs. It would help to grow muscle and strengthen the bone, just my opinion...Wink

Have a Great Day.

Sean LEE

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 7, 2003, 7:11 AM

Post #3 of 65 (4508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sslee80] Stamina [In reply to] Can't Post

Unsure unfortunately, no... i live in USJ 5...i still take my dogs out for daily walks though..

i recently stopped jogging though...examsUnsure

did you go to the gathering? there was a guy there who also owned a black dane with cropped ears Smile still a pup though,Dino. he also had a rottie mix dobbie,Chico
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

chilimson

Aug 7, 2003, 2:44 PM

Post #4 of 65 (4504 views)
Shortcut

I also jog a few km with my adult Rottie and play retrieve with them. I even bring them to swim in the sea for a long while, like say more than an hour. Therefore, conditioning and training is important, before doing all those long run or heavy exercise.

Regarding Dino who is a puppy, I will advise you to slowly build it up. Otherwise, you will have all kind of hip or elbow problem, and it will takes a lot of medication or surgery to "repair". Again, the underlying assumption is that you do not have a strong genetic bloodline, and even if you do, it is always better to be safe than to be sorry. For a start, let the puppy play in the garden or a grass patch and not a smooth floor, then walk short distance, moving to longer distance before starting your run.

sslee80
ALPHA

Aug 7, 2003, 7:25 PM

Post #5 of 65 (4500 views)
Shortcut

Hi RD,

oh u live in USJ 5 .... those bangalow house huh? If u happen to jog to USJ 3, u would be able to see my danes...Smile BTW, there is not only one banana tree in USJ lar...Smile My house is also next to the KESAS.

Nope...I didn't go for the gathering at KK last week b'cos my female dane is on heat now... so I thought better not to bring her....Unsure

Who's the guy with the black dane pup? Is he a member in this site? Do u have his contact??
Dino is the name of the pup right?

Maybe after your exam, you can drop by my house and have a look at my danes... I usually walk them at 6:30 pm near the banana tree there...Smile...

Have a Great Day.

Sean LEE

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 7, 2003, 10:09 PM

Post #6 of 65 (4494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chilimson] Stamina [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi chilison,

Dino's not my pup,it somebody else's. Tyson is my bullmastiff pup. Small mix up with names,no matter.Smile

Right now,he's 5 mths old and I only dare walk him. Run? I don't think I'll be doing that..he seem's too heavy and a forum member's friend's bullmastiff died from daily jogging. Unsure
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 7, 2003, 10:59 PM

Post #7 of 65 (4489 views)
Shortcut

aiks! usj 3..oh well mistaken. well, there are of course many banana trees in usj..but the background of your pic looks identical! Tongue

anyway, I'll probably go over before my exams are overTongue hehe.. i have relatives staying there too with a lil yorkshire terrier and poodle.

sorry..didn't get the guy's contact. he said it was his first time to the gathering. so far i haven't read any of the new members' introductions that fits his descriptionUnsure

P.S. how old is Raven? any trouble seperating crystal and raven?Tongue
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

sslee80
ALPHA

Aug 9, 2003, 7:14 PM

Post #8 of 65 (4482 views)
Shortcut

if u r coming over, be careful oh... i usually walk her unleash one oh....Smile

Raven is still young. He is 3 months old... still don't know how to do "business" yet lar. I just have raven 's ears cropped. I have to separate them anyway...

so will see u at my place...bye

Have a Great Day.

Sean LEE

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 9, 2003, 7:18 PM

Post #9 of 65 (4480 views)
Shortcut

me tooSmile i also walk my dogs unleashed,maybe i'll leash them since they are going to be in a new area

hmm...going out for a walk today?

roughly which area will you be? i'm not too familiar with USj 3 Crazy
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

sslee80
ALPHA

Aug 9, 2003, 7:35 PM

Post #10 of 65 (4479 views)
Shortcut

ok..my house is 1 and a half storey type. I will be at the banana tree there at around 630 to 7pm. Smile

see ya.

Have a Great Day.

Sean LEE

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 9, 2003, 7:42 PM

Post #11 of 65 (4477 views)
Shortcut

i "think" i roughly know where,still not sure but will try my luck. hopefully i'll be right and will see a beautiful dane and her owner around Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

sslee80
ALPHA

Aug 9, 2003, 7:48 PM

Post #12 of 65 (4476 views)
Shortcut

just in case u lost yo way...my number is 012 226 5451....

Have a Great Day.

Sean LEE

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 9, 2003, 7:55 PM

Post #13 of 65 (4475 views)
Shortcut

thanks Smile hopefully everything goes as planned...
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

sslee80
ALPHA

Aug 11, 2003, 7:07 PM

Post #14 of 65 (4469 views)
Shortcut

Hi RD,

Didn't see you the other day one?? I was with my female dane out there at the banana tree...Frown

it's ok...maybe next time when u r free...Wink

Have a Great Day.

Sean LEE

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 11, 2003, 10:19 PM

Post #15 of 65 (4466 views)
Shortcut

yea.. Unsure i did go..but i guess i was in a diff part..ended up going to relatives hse coz of my dad Unsure was around 3/1C(i think)
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

sslee80
ALPHA

Aug 12, 2003, 7:42 PM

Post #16 of 65 (4462 views)
Shortcut

Never mind ler.... I will be around that area everyday one...

So, where do u usually bring your mastiff for walk?? I might drop by to have a look oso...Smile

Do u own other breed besides the mastiff??

Have a Great Day.

Sean LEE

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 12, 2003, 10:29 PM

Post #17 of 65 (4458 views)
Shortcut

Smilei usually bring my dogs to a padang in the bungalow area..not many ppl there

yup..she's a cocker spaniel cross terrier named Silky (black and white)

sometimes at the padang(if you're going) you'll only see silky with my parents. That means i'm too busy to bring tyson to the padang..tyson refuses to go out without me Unsure
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

sslee80
ALPHA

Aug 12, 2003, 11:26 PM

Post #18 of 65 (4456 views)
Shortcut

wondering which padang u referring..Unsure USJ5 right?? Tonite must go and check out....
Wondering if there is any NO DOG signboard there..

U know, near my area there, a lot of those "ppl" hanging around at the padang , so can't really bring my dogs there...

Have a Great Day.

Sean LEE

sslee80
ALPHA

Aug 13, 2003, 4:47 PM

Post #19 of 65 (4447 views)
Shortcut

I think I know which padang u go...Smile

What time would you be there today??? Mind if I drop by to have a chat?? and oso to see your TYSON..

Have a Great Day.

Sean LEE

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 13, 2003, 10:42 PM

Post #20 of 65 (4443 views)
Shortcut

the padang is behind a mosque Tongue there used to be a No Dogs sign there but it was illegal so the MPSJ took it down Laugh

the ppl from the mosque scolded me for bringing my dog around the padang(passing by the mosque) and told me that there was a sign..haha..turns out, it was illegal.

no..of course not! but today i have tuition though..so i might no be there...friday's a better day..thursday not sure if i'll be stopping at the padang or not.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

sslee80
ALPHA

Aug 13, 2003, 11:01 PM

Post #21 of 65 (4442 views)
Shortcut

never mind ler...maybe some other day.

so far, i just walk my dane at the wall area(banana tree there) every evening. . I just let her run freely. She just like it. After mid-nite, my brother will bring her running around usj3 area with his bike... I notice that her legs' muscles have been gaining...

Have a Great Day.

Sean LEE

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 13, 2003, 11:21 PM

Post #22 of 65 (4440 views)
Shortcut

after mid-night?! lol

so late take a dog for a jog? after mid night go yum cha is ok lar..lol y so late?

the latest i took my dogs out is around 11 Tongue

wish i could take tyson for jog..unfortunately bullmastiffs are too heavy to jog.Unsure
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

sslee80
ALPHA

Aug 13, 2003, 11:28 PM

Post #23 of 65 (4439 views)
Shortcut

I think it is safer to run the dog at mid nite... because of lesser cars and ppl kua....

Have a Great Day.

Sean LEE

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 14, 2003, 8:46 AM

Post #24 of 65 (4434 views)
Shortcut

yea..good point..

but what time he sleep and wake up the next morning? Tongue

and also both of are guys..me female...Frown damn scared..hehe..but if i had a dane..i don't think anyone would wanna come near me at 12 mid nightTongue
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

sslee80
ALPHA

Aug 15, 2003, 4:49 PM

Post #25 of 65 (4429 views)
Shortcut

well.. it seems he would only go to sleep after the mid nite run...I guess he would feel tired and go to zzzzz..... til next morning...probably 8 am.

yup...no one will dare to come near especially when the dog is UNLEASHED!!! Smile

Oops...u r not boy, r u???

Have a Great Day.

Sean LEE

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my