Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Poll: Poll:
This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Poll: This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ?
YES
NO
Not Sure
View Results (83 votes)

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jun 28, 2003, 4:16 AM

Post #1 of 26 (47196 views)
Shortcut
This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? Can't Post

boon
Doggyman

Jun 28, 2003, 7:24 AM

Post #2 of 26 (47180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

wei...touch wood lah........

ok by the way, do u know any product that is good for this HD prevention ?

mackmack
Doggyman

Jun 28, 2003, 10:45 AM

Post #3 of 26 (47173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

yaloh~ touch wood!!!!

for GR, a potential problem la... put YES sure not loh...put NO i cant tell....put NOT SURE is really a curse la....Tongue

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jun 28, 2003, 11:27 AM

Post #4 of 26 (47165 views)
Shortcut

choi!!!UnsureAngelic

I hope my baby boy doesn't get anything like dat..he's afraid of surgery you noe!!hehehe...cuz he misses mommy and daddy..

take care

mackmack
Doggyman

Jun 28, 2003, 1:19 PM

Post #5 of 26 (47164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh ~~~~~~~

What a good "CHOI~~~~~~~~~!!!!"Sly

(guess that only M'sian forum will with such "touch wood" and "choi" pantang phrases ~Tongue)

(This post was edited by mackmack on Jun 28, 2003, 1:21 PM)

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jun 28, 2003, 3:02 PM

Post #6 of 26 (47161 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah lor..I haven't said the whole sentence neh... Let me perfect the chinese version of touchwood"choi, dai gut lai see!!!"Tongue

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 30, 2003, 8:54 AM

Post #7 of 26 (47145 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

what a good choi here ! hahaha, u guys so funny lar !

doodle
ALPHA

Jun 30, 2003, 5:39 PM

Post #8 of 26 (47137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure about big dogs but I read somewhere basset hound suffer from spine problem eventually. Still a puppy, are we able to see the symptom?

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 1, 2003, 12:45 AM

Post #9 of 26 (47121 views)
Shortcut

Very Pantang to answer this question. But anyway, how will we know if the dog has hip dysplasia?

Regards,
Swee Eng

boon
Doggyman

Jul 1, 2003, 8:54 AM

Post #10 of 26 (47119 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Look at the movement of the rear legs and the way they sit. Also slightly run the dog a bit just to me more confirm if it's HD.

mackmack
Doggyman

Jul 1, 2003, 9:08 AM

Post #11 of 26 (47118 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doodle] This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I do not know much about this... maybe other members could help? as for early stage symtoms... Mm... I would say, it's better we bring our dogs to the vet for regular check up and don't wait till they are ill.

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 1, 2003, 5:17 PM

Post #12 of 26 (47116 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Boon,

I'm not sure how to see it but Winnie seem to walk very lazily ... like dragging her leg. The way she sit .... looks normal except her leg not open as wide as other labs. It has been like that so long ago.

One of my friend told me to stretch her rear leg back to 90 degree.. If she's fine with it, means nothing wrong...

I tried that and she seem to be fine but I'm not really sure...

What you think?

regards,
Swee ENg

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 1, 2003, 5:28 PM

Post #13 of 26 (47115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Sweeeng,

Refers: "The way she sit .... looks normal except her leg not open as wide as other labs" .. yes.. most labs sit with their legs while open , exposing all their "parts" Smile .

Refers: "One of my friend told me to stretch her rear leg back to 90 degree" ... how? I was told that you put the dog in submissive position (lie down with tummy facing up) , then pull & straight the rear legs like " I I " . If the dog in pain, he will struggle & make noise.

As I know, in order to do X-ray scan for H.D, the dog has to be in this position.

Smile

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 1, 2003, 5:36 PM

Post #14 of 26 (47113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi CD Moo,

So you mean that if she sit with her leg not very wide open, is ok?!

I'll try the method you tell me. Should i pull 1 leg at a time or both together... ha..ha.. Sly

Thanks

Regards,
Swee Eng

boon
Doggyman

Jul 1, 2003, 5:39 PM

Post #15 of 26 (47113 views)
Shortcut

Hi Swee Eng,

check this out.
http://www.k9web.com/...medical-info.02.html
http://www.workingdogs.com/doc0090.htm

(This post was edited by boon on Jul 1, 2003, 5:47 PM)

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 1, 2003, 5:49 PM

Post #16 of 26 (47109 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks a lot for all your help.

I'll browse through the website.

Regards,
Swee ENg

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 1, 2003, 5:56 PM

Post #17 of 26 (47109 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Ought to be both legs. No kidding Smile

FYI, the X-ray will cost u around RM100 - RM130 , inclusive of anesthetic.

U'll get your dog back within the same day. No boarding required.

Smile

doodle
ALPHA

Jul 1, 2003, 7:58 PM

Post #18 of 26 (47102 views)
Shortcut

So, should I get worried that doodle might suffer from hip D?
What bout his spine?

ymon
Novice

Jul 23, 2003, 5:49 PM

Post #19 of 26 (47061 views)
Shortcut

Oh this is the main fear that I have. Frown We have a Rottweiler now is 6 month olds. We are trying to control her deit so that she won't be overweight! I noticed that her back legs wasn't very strong yet she likes to jump. I heard most rottie has weight problem and then this hip problem. The only thing we did is to feed her Calcium daily. I will need to find out what other supplement to feed her. Unsure

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 25, 2003, 8:05 AM

Post #20 of 26 (47044 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ymon] This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

"The only thing we did is to feed her Calcium daily. "

That's a big NO-NO for large bred dogs. It will make theim grow too fast which is what we are trying to prevent.

ymon
Novice

Jul 25, 2003, 5:44 PM

Post #21 of 26 (47039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, I followed the Calcium bottle instruction written daily.Unsure It's suppose to make their bone strong?! Shocked

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 25, 2003, 9:33 PM

Post #22 of 26 (47035 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ymon] This POLL is for owner of big dog. Does your dog has hip dysplasia problem ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiks..did the label say specifically which breed? Is it specially for large breed dogs.Unsure

So far all the vets I've been too told me not to feed my BM or any other large breed calcium supplements. I've also done my own research on the net/books and it says the same.

boon
Doggyman

Jul 25, 2003, 10:22 PM

Post #23 of 26 (47034 views)
Shortcut

Yeap make their bone stronger, but at such young age, how can their bone be stronger than a normal rotti at same age ? simple, grow faster, and eventually suffer from Hip Dysplasia or HD.

For a large breed puppies, do not feed them any suppliments before the age of 2 or at least 18 months and above. Supliments like calcium pil, is a big NO NO. But thing like sup for fur, food suppliments are generally ok if the puppies are more thatn 12 months. but not too much also.

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Dec 13, 2004, 6:45 AM

Post #24 of 26 (45044 views)
Shortcut

Yupe two of my dogs have passed away because of this illness..both of them is bull massift...so currently we have not have any of this breed since that incident is because we still think that they cannot be replaced...Unsure

GSD
Dog Kichi

Jan 1, 2005, 7:09 AM

Post #25 of 26 (44845 views)
Shortcut

Touch wood!!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my