Hand Plucking my baby enzo (MS)

edser

Jun 27, 2003, 9:01 AM

Post #1 of 10 (2310 views)
Shortcut
Hand Plucking my baby enzo (MS) Can't Post

hi,

i hand plucked Enzo about five days ago.he looks like a cute mohican now Wink
anyway i would like to ask what are the after treatment for him after the handplucking process. i will try to post a picture of him later but now i can say he is naked on the top part except the skirt.
1) the coat for the skirt looks dry. i am using the all system shampoo and feed him 4 tablet of INs everyday
2)is it okay for him to take shower or it is prefered to use dry shampoo will do?
3)i plucked everything till the top but there are some which i can't pluck on his head. any suggestions?

Once again i would like to say thanks Sly

In Reply To

Smile
Serina
owns Enzo, then Zeno, now Zoe'n.....later Nezo,Ozne, Noze, Zone, Ezno, Onze, Zeon etc. anymore?

arthur
ALPHA

Jun 30, 2003, 4:32 AM

Post #2 of 10 (2303 views)
Shortcut
Re: [edser] Hand Plucking my baby enzo (MS) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Serina!

How's your fingers? Wink

Hand stripping Enzo's puppy coat at 4-5mths is the correct time to do so. Anyway, to answer yr queries:

1. DO NOT bath Enzo after plucking. Especially his exposed skin which is now sensitized. Even your normal shampoo can cause a reaction. Just use diluted salt water (or you can buy the saline solution from pharmacies), soak a few cotton swabs and clean Enzo's skin with that.

2. You can bath his leggings with normal shampoo but make sure that's the only place that gets wet with shampoo. Alternatively, you can use the no-rinse type of shampoo.

3. You have to pluck his head botak too. Tell me if you followed any stripping chart that goes section by section over a 6 week period? or everything in over a few days. You can contact me at schnauzer@puppy.com.my for further info.

Rdgs Arthur (Please give Enzo a belly rub from uncle arthur!)

PS..Please keep him out of the sun for the next few weeks. Or else, make sure he wears his baju. His exposed skin will sunburn very easily...Shocked

edser

Jun 30, 2003, 11:32 PM

Post #3 of 10 (2295 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Hand Plucking my baby enzo (MS) [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Hi arthur,
thanks for the reply. i knew i could get answers from you regardin MS Wink Anyway just to let u know. we handstripped him in 4 days then we realized its not "low" enough so stripped him again Tongue I think he is ok...in fact i think he enjoys being botak. Wow! so you mean that he can't take shower or take a morning walk for at least 6 weeks? thats suffering for him Unsure.

also authur, is there any supplement or oil etc,etc that i can apply on him during the 6 weeks so he can have a healthy coat?

Thanks

*rubs Enzo's belly*Enzo kisses uncle arthur* Wink

Smile
Serina
owns Enzo, then Zeno, now Zoe'n.....later Nezo,Ozne, Noze, Zone, Ezno, Onze, Zeon etc. anymore?

arthur
ALPHA

Jun 30, 2003, 11:54 PM

Post #4 of 10 (2294 views)
Shortcut

Hi Serina!

You can still take Enzo out for his morning walks. Just put a baju on him. However, you might want to put a harness on him instead of his usual collar as it might chaff the exposed skin underneath.

For Lee Ron, we applied vitamin E cream on him. When the wire coat breaks out, the skin might get itchy..just make sure Enzo doesn't scratch himself too much. In Lee Ron's case, he was fine except for his forehead area. Scratched himself raw but now it's completely healed.

For healthy shiny coats, supplements rich in omega 3 & 6 fatty acids are recommended. If Enzo can take raw salmon, you need not feed any supplements at all! Wah..very good life hor!Smile

Another thing, how long has it been since you finish stripping Enzo's coat? And is this the first time you hand stripped a dog?

Rdgs Arthur

edser

Jul 1, 2003, 1:09 AM

Post #5 of 10 (2289 views)
Shortcut

hi authur,

i emailed to you already

thanks
Smile

Smile
Serina

robee
Dog Kichi

Jul 1, 2003, 2:14 AM

Post #6 of 10 (2287 views)
Shortcut

aros:)

hving fun stripping? is the dog for show? if your dog is structurely very sound, you can afford a once off stripping or do everything within 10 days.

arthur....

malaysia guru for ms:)
Wht's better than two miniature schnauzer? Three miniature schnauzers!

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 1, 2003, 6:49 AM

Post #7 of 10 (2282 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robee] Hand Plucking my baby enzo (MS) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Veron!

So glad you drop by..Long time no see your postings lor!

Anyway, I'm only sharing what I've learnt from you.SmileSmile Many thanks for your advice and time.

Rdgs Arthur (PS..Veron..your tagline needs amendment already lor..Ah Tin would feel left out!Wink)

(This post was edited by arthur on Jul 1, 2003, 6:51 AM)

robee
Dog Kichi

Jul 1, 2003, 8:20 PM

Post #8 of 10 (2270 views)
Shortcut

arthur.... knowledge for sharing.. glad pple find it useful..... when i was newbie, i appreciate those tht passed me good information:) lotsa MS newbies... mst help if we cn....... lotsa MS owners in malaysia...!!! when schnauzer club of (malaysia) forming.. it will be fun.......

i busi busi bee....... oops..tag line..hahha.. mst change liao:)
Wht's better than two miniature schnauzer? Three miniature schnauzers!

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 12:16 AM

Post #9 of 10 (2265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robee] Hand Plucking my baby enzo (MS) [In reply to] Can't Post

Veron,

The MS breed chapter in Malaysia is still a dream at this moment... And yes, there's lots of MS owners in Malaysia. At our puppy.com gatherings, MS normally rules all the time till recently, we were swapped by the retreviers gang! Crazy But I make it a point to get to know all the MS owners here.

Most of the MS forum members here just simply love their MS to bits. Only myself and another member (Kanch) shows MS. Even then, it's just for fun and learning the ropes of the showring. Still, it's good to see some of us are learning the finer art of grooming schnauzers. Pity our fingers though!Unsure

Let's hope our efforts will pay off when the wire coat breaks thru...

Rdgs Arthur

edser

Jul 3, 2003, 6:07 AM

Post #10 of 10 (2253 views)
Shortcut

SmileThanks arthur and veron,

We have no plan to show our ENZO but looking at the dry condition of his fur, and with the encouragement from our friends, we decided to try hand plucking his fur. Tried hard to learn fast and not making him suffer. According to our friend, his fur condition is blown and ready to be pluck. So we tried and yeah!!

we do agree when you said that it is greathaving to learn the art of grooming a schnauzer!!!!WinkPity our fingers!! but four hands and 20 fingers, weel, we share the work evenly!!!! Enzo seem to be alright except the buttock areas!!!Pirate. It is just a week after our plucking and some fur has grown.....hopefully it will be alright. but thank you..and appreciate more advise on the proper shaping, proportion and sequence of plucking.

Cannot wait for a Schnauzer ClubWink

Smile
Serina

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my