Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET HARSH WIRY COAT

agd
Novice

May 14, 2002, 7:43 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2519 views)
Shortcut
IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET HARSH WIRY COAT Can't Post

I've been contacting some "expect" breeders via email (US & Canada) regarding my breed. One such breeder has wrote to me to say that for a puppy that has always been clipped it may be almost impossible to get the harsh wiry coat that associated with my breed.
Althought I been provided with the information on hand plucking & grooming for MS, I am now at a crossroad to actually try plucking.
My question is for those folks with harsh wiry quote, etc do any of you have any experience on this matter? Or, could you direct me to a local expect for a 2nd opinion?
I'm trying to get her ready for the show in Ipoh, which is about the right time if I begin hand plucking from now.
So I do appreciate any good and sound advice.
Regards,

ginl
ALPHA

May 15, 2002, 3:27 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [agd] IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET HARSH WIRY COAT [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey AGD,

I just had to ask coz I haven't seen anyone do it before....how do u actually hand pluck the coat? (and Inky, pls don't say pluck like plucking feathers frm chicken! Tongue) It sounds like a really painful process Crazy

tangyp
Novice

May 15, 2002, 6:26 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2502 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET HARSH WIRY COAT [In reply to] Can't Post

Happened to be watching Animal Planet the other day, a program called "Breed All About It". The show is all about dog breeders (I think) and that particular episode was about a lady who breeds terriers, not the JRT, unfortunately.

Anyway, yes...they really do pluck the hair as if plucking feathers from a chicken. Shocked

She sat the dog on the table, brush through it's coat with her hand, any hair that's out of place, she plucked it out just like that. The dog didn't even twitch. Crazy Guess it's been well trained from young and used to being plucked like that.

ginl
ALPHA

May 15, 2002, 7:02 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2500 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tangyp] IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET HARSH WIRY COAT [In reply to] Can't Post

Really? I love Breed All About It....but i didn''t catch that one....i'm hoping they will show JRT if they haven't already....the show is about dog breeds....each show features one breed.....yeow the dog didn't even feel it huh....i read broken or harsh coated JRT needs plucking as well....well if u r going to show it that is

agd
Novice

May 16, 2002, 4:53 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2488 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET HARSH WIRY COAT [In reply to] Can't Post

It appears at this point, there doesn't seem to be any guru's in this areaUnsure. Probably have to look for outside help now. For those who have tried to advise me on this area, my sincere thanks to the lotWink. Regards,

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my