Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Vaccination:
is it ok to vaccinate a dog if he's 4 yrs old ?

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Jun 28, 2003, 1:16 AM

Post #1 of 8 (2399 views)
Shortcut
is it ok to vaccinate a dog if he's 4 yrs old ? Can't Post

hi my cousin has adopted a minpin and he's 4 yrs old, and as she know the owner has never vaccinate his dog... do you guys think it's ok to give the dog vaccination at his age ? do you guys know how much it cost for a adult vaccination ?

oh ... another question is, i would want to put a microchip on my dog, do you know how much does it cost to put the chip in ??? Smile
~~~ It'S a DoGgY DoG WorLD~~

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

YUMIKO masaki @ charming PARIS girl
love's dogs... true dog lover !!!
My PETS, My FRIEND, My FAMILY

MY DEAREST MITCHER BOY MUMMY WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU 13TH MAY 2007

snowflake
Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2003, 2:21 AM

Post #2 of 8 (2394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yumiko_masaki] is it ok to vaccinate a dog if he's 4 yrs old ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry i also got no idea of the vaccination's fee for adult dog n the process of 'install' microchip to our doggie. But i also would like to know bcos i'm also desided to do it(microchip) to my doggie in future, so any sifu here can help me n yumiko?

0""0
( 'o')")
~S.n.o.w.F.l.a.k.E~

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jun 28, 2003, 2:40 AM

Post #3 of 8 (2390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yumiko_masaki] is it ok to vaccinate a dog if he's 4 yrs old ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Daphne,

I think it's ok to vaccin the dog now. The vet will probably give him annual booster instead.

REgards,
Swee Eng

houyee
Novice

Jul 2, 2003, 11:53 AM

Post #4 of 8 (2374 views)
Shortcut
is it ok to vaccinate a dog if he's 4 yrs old ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi daphne,

if the dog has never been vaccinated b4 then the vet would probably recommend the 6 in one (DHLPP-CVK) at 0, 1 months, then annual booster. if it has received previous jabs then probably one jab now & annual boosters. rabies vaccine is also required in certain northern states near thailand.

if the dog has gone thru registration with MKA they will provide a microchip in a large needle (sterile) which will be injected by a vet into the skin between the shoulder blades. it is as painful as getting an injection but very simple procedure. i dunno how much the vets charge though. shouldn't be expensive.
zippy 'rowena' kojak

Amanda85
Doggyman

Feb 3, 2004, 9:15 PM

Post #5 of 8 (2308 views)
Shortcut

usually vaccination is around RM40, if you went to a government clinic.

the microchip is around RM15

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

wpheng
Novice

Jun 9, 2004, 5:17 AM

Post #6 of 8 (2183 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] is it ok to vaccinate a dog if he's 4 yrs old ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Where can I find a government clinic?

My local vet is quoting me RM 100+ to vaccinate a 5 year old Shi Tzu.

Pls help.

SmoochieMama
Dog Kichi

Jul 13, 2004, 6:56 PM

Post #7 of 8 (2154 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wpheng] is it ok to vaccinate a dog if he's 4 yrs old ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, no matter how old a dog is, an annual jab is a MUST and not forgetting deworming as well. Talk about money, I find that all the prices quoted in M'sia are very reasonable, in sg, all of us need to prepare at least S$50-S$100 if bring to the vet for normal annual jab.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 14, 2004, 7:16 PM

Post #8 of 8 (2147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snowflake] is it ok to vaccinate a dog if he's 4 yrs old ? [In reply to] Can't Post

You cannot get a microchip for your dog after such a long time. Vaccination is still possible.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my