Home: Breed Specific: Hound Group:
help!!! I need help!!!!

Phoebe
Novice

Jun 16, 2003, 11:40 PM

Post #1 of 12 (2438 views)
Shortcut
help!!! I need help!!!! Can't Post

Hi.....i have a question here actually. My beagle suffer from diarrhea recently. Well...i brought Max back last month. n err..Max is 2 months old. 2 weeks after i brought max back he got diarrhea...then i bring him to the vet. he's ok after the jab. But 2 days ago, i dunno is it diarrhea or wut...i saw blood in his poo poo and also some where near by...it's really blood.His poo poo also kinda watery. that's really scare me. My mummy gave him the medicine which is left over from previous...n luckily max is fine on the next day. His poo poo is back to normal. Smile

Well..i really wonder...does others beagle have this problem? I'm kinda worry..coz when i saw max's situation i really feel bad. I dun want any thing happen to him. Any one.....any idea???? plz.....Frown wut should i do..or how i can prevent all this?

p/s: as usual...Max love to sniff n lick the floor. grrr....he used to eat those dirt...hmm....no...i shall say almost every thing that he saw he'll try to swallow. aihh......i seriously need help.

Phoebe n Max Smile

dj_Est
Novice

Jun 17, 2003, 6:14 AM

Post #2 of 12 (2426 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Phoebe] help!!! I need help!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey phoebe,

really sorry to hear about max.....My beagle is 11 weeks now and she's alright. no blood on her poo or whatsoever, i doubt what u're having is normal...what vaccinations have max had???

Good luck and take care!
Cute, Cuter and Cutest!

Phoebe
Novice

Jun 17, 2003, 7:53 AM

Post #3 of 12 (2421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dj_Est] help!!! I need help!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm...vacination ar...so far he oredi had the second jab of dunno wut ....those vacination that have to take 3 times for a puppy...not so sure about the type.

Glad to know that ur beagle is alright. But y Max like that? is it b'coz of he like to lick every where + bite + swallow almost every thing. Oh yeah....he also like to bite n lick ppl's finger n toes. So is it normal?

dj_Est
Novice

Jun 17, 2003, 7:02 PM

Post #4 of 12 (2418 views)
Shortcut

My best guess is that either ur dog has Coronavirus or Parvovirus. Both the symptoms include diarrhoea....although Coronavirus is more accurate in Max symptoms - blood in stools. Its some kinda viral infection and spreads thru dog faeces.

Think......Has max been licking or been in contact with other dogs poo? Or mebbe his own, i don't know....Mebbe someone who has better knowledge in dogs would be able to answer u accurately.....Try reading on the two i've diagnosed, look it up on net and perhaps u can ask ur vet.....

Oh yeah, it is normal for Max to lick and bite and swallow everything.....i heard about this beagle who is 6 months, suddenly not eating, going sick....Brought him to the vet, operated on him and found a knee lenth socks twisted around his intestines.....Beagles...sighh.....gotta watch what they put in their mouth. =)

and yes, Cutest bites and nips me too......Teaching her not too though....will take ages b4 she listens.
Cute, Cuter and Cutest!

Phoebe
Novice

Jun 20, 2003, 8:25 AM

Post #5 of 12 (2405 views)
Shortcut

hey thanks alot dj_est, Max is ok now....no more blood. But any how i will go ask the vet, c wut i can do to prevent all these.

hmm..yeah i realised that Beagle really like to eat every thing ler....just like yesterday, i brought him for an evening walk...while he sniffed around, then suddenly he go swallow the stone on the road....aiyor....really dunno wut to do with him ler...aihh....

btw, really thank u for telling me all these.

dj_Est
Novice

Jun 21, 2003, 2:54 AM

Post #6 of 12 (2396 views)
Shortcut

u're welcome.... Wink

u've brought him out for walks? i don't think we're meant to take our puppies out for walks untill they finish their course of vaccinations....Cutest has yet to see the park; she has not taken her third jab...is it safe for u to take max out?
Cute, Cuter and Cutest!

Alic3
Novice

Jun 23, 2003, 7:21 PM

Post #7 of 12 (2389 views)
Shortcut

Hello Phoebe, I bought a beagle too last 2 months. Everything was fine. If you take ur puppy for a walk next time, better take good care of him. Eating stones is not good! Crazy Keep on eye on him. He likes to pretend all the times. My puppy also likes to lick and bite fingers and toes. I think is normal for a puppy.

My history; Once I have a puppy (breed = pomeranian + spitz), swallown a marble. After 1 week, he started feeling not good at all. Just like a stomach pain. I brought him to vet, and was told two methods. First operation, that was cost about RM350 and second to give him some liquid to eat (cost RM50). Of cause I choose liquid just for a try see how it works. The next day morning I saw his shit, there was a 'green color' marble in it. I was so happy and my dog was super active! I called the vet and let them know my dog was ok.

So better watch out your puppy ! ok? Smile

(This post was edited by Alic3 on Jun 23, 2003, 7:38 PM)

Phoebe
Novice

Jun 24, 2003, 9:05 AM

Post #8 of 12 (2375 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Alic3] help!!! I need help!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm....i think it;s ok for taking max for a short walk. Kekeek but not every day of course. about twice or trice a week i'll bring him for a walk..n that also takes about 10 mintues only...just wanna let him run n have some exercise instead of staying at home all day long. Laugh

Phoebe
Novice

Jun 24, 2003, 9:18 AM

Post #9 of 12 (2374 views)
Shortcut

hi Alic3, cool....how old is ur beagle? Hmm...yeah....now when i bring him for a walk now i really have to be very alert. hmm...but now so far so good, as long as i dun stop wallking then he won't eat those thing on the road. Kekekek i luv the way he run...looks so cute...just like a rabbit kekeke Laugh

Hmm..u know wut....when i brought max, the pet shop owner keep reminding me that dun let max to lick our fingers. I dunno y...bacteria probably. So u actually let ur puppy to lick and bite ur fingers? Well....seems like most of the dog likes to eat any thign that they saw huh? kekekekek i thought only max behave like that.....kekeke Blush

Alic3
Novice

Jun 24, 2003, 9:17 PM

Post #10 of 12 (2369 views)
Shortcut

Hi Phoebe, My beagle is only 2 1/2 months old. I normally put popeye in the cage during my work time. Thats why everytime I open the cage, the first thing he did was licked my fingers and hands. If you were told by the pet shop owner not to give max lick ur fingers, then probably I will try to avoid it. Tongue kekeke

Phoebe
Novice

Jun 27, 2003, 8:35 AM

Post #11 of 12 (2361 views)
Shortcut

oo...2 1/2 huh.....mine is 3 months kekekek Cool. Hey did ur furkid make noise when u leave it inside the cage. Mine will make lots of noise at first...but now....he started to be good liao....i will tell him that i'm going to college...this n that..so ask him stay inside the cage n sleep.....kekekek n he didn't make noise...but if compare with last time...aihh....i need to accompany him till he sleep then only i can leave him....so san fu that time...hmm..yeah...i think u better avoid it ler....or u can just go wach ur hand then only u let him lick....:)

Alic3
Novice

Jul 1, 2003, 7:43 PM

Post #12 of 12 (2341 views)
Shortcut

yes, when I close the door, he will knows that I'm going out and just keep quite. If I still around and let him inside the cage, of coz he will make noise. But now, it's getting better. Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my