Telomian

rayttp
Novice

Sep 20, 2005, 7:16 PM

Post #1 of 20 (54698 views)
Shortcut
Telomian Can't Post

Hi All,

Anyone here into Telomian breed? I'm currently looking into this breed. Our very own malaysian dog.

Regards,

Ray

colinchin
Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2005, 10:30 PM

Post #2 of 20 (54673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rayttp] Telomian [In reply to] Can't Post

Any infor on this Telomian breed ?

rayttp
Novice

Sep 21, 2005, 11:01 PM

Post #3 of 20 (54653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colinchin] Telomian [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Colin,

Below are the links

http://www.thebreedsofdogs.com/TELOMIAN.htm

http://www.catzmedia.com/...527&sec=features

Ray

colinchin
Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2005, 11:08 PM

Post #4 of 20 (54649 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Hi Ray,

Thanks. Are they the mongrels that we see on the roads ? Did you manage to spot any of them ? Let me know, looks good.

rayttp
Novice

Sep 21, 2005, 11:23 PM

Post #5 of 20 (54646 views)
Shortcut

Hi Colin,

I'm not so sure either. I guess the mongrel that you see on the road are already mix with some other breed. Currently, I'm trying to get hold of those pure telomian from the jungle and with the objective to establish this breed before its goes extinct.

By the way, do you own any dog? and what breed?

Regards,

Ray

colinchin
Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2005, 11:58 PM

Post #6 of 20 (54645 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ray,

They sound interesting to me, the Telomian. I have a 8 year old Dalmatian and am looking for a dog at the moment. If you can find one please let me know. 012-2585460, 07-2233580. Or we can keep in touch also even if we can't this breed. Cheers.

phekling19

Sep 22, 2005, 6:09 AM

Post #7 of 20 (54642 views)
Shortcut

Wow...cool! I didnt know that Malaysia actually has local 'padigree' Wink You manage to find them in jungle?
There are many strays in Penang, maybe can help you check it out~! But, since they are stray, mostly they got mixed with many breed d...If look alike one, you want? Adult dog also don't mind?
A Hopeless Dog Lover and love dogs as if no tomorrow ... Frown
NO CRUELTY TO ANIMALS Frown
www.dogster.com/?188399.

rayttp
Novice

Sep 22, 2005, 11:50 PM

Post #8 of 20 (54635 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi Ray,

They sound interesting to me, the Telomian. I have a 8 year old Dalmatian and am looking for a dog at the moment. If you can find one please let me know. 012-2585460, 07-2233580. Or we can keep in touch also even if we can't this breed. Cheers.

Hi Colin,

If I manage to find any, I will call u. Where are you situated? As for myself, I have a 2 yr old mongrel and recently my friend gave me another puppy.

Ray

colinchin
Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2005, 11:57 PM

Post #9 of 20 (54631 views)
Shortcut

Dear Ray,

I am down South.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 23, 2005, 7:03 PM

Post #10 of 20 (54614 views)
Shortcut

rayttp

i was told abt this by a foreign vet when she came to visit me & my strays. feel so shameful as we need to be told by a foreigner abt our very own Malaysian dog.. Tongue

Regards,

Yang

rayttp
Novice

Sep 23, 2005, 7:43 PM

Post #11 of 20 (54611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Telomian [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Leecy,

Yes..you are right in deed. That why we all should learn more about this breed and treat it like any other species of animal from our own land. We should not neglect it.

Ray

Hoganfm

Oct 19, 2005, 4:58 AM

Post #12 of 20 (54530 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ray,

Read about in the paper recently (still keeping the paper).Smile

I own 1 when I was still in primary school --- back in the early '80s. Was given to my family by my dad 2nd youngest brother. He got it from their hometown in Raub, Pahang; or maybe around the towns nearby Raub. At that time, v didn't know that is a pure breed from our own country, M'sia. Just tought that is a mongrel who live in the jungleFrown. He got the pup from a native who live in the jungle.

V name him Gino, n he is a very active pup who run around the kitchen area. He live w us for about 2 yrs +, died of food poisoning --- think he ate some 'dirty food' that the crow dropFrown. His fur is black/white - black patches on white, a little brown on the head n a black mask. Real handsome looking fella. Luckily my eledest sis took a few pic of him.

Since I join the forum 2 yrs ago, was determine to find which group/breed he belongs to n am so glad that he is actually a pure local breedFrown. Would love to own 1 again...... if v could could find any here in PJ n KL. Hmmm... may be I can check w my uncle; he is still staying in his hometown, Raub.Wink If I do get any info, will update u.Frown

Cheers, Hogan's godma cum nannyFrown.

mbless
K9 Kaki

Oct 19, 2005, 7:31 AM

Post #13 of 20 (54526 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hoganfm] Telomian [In reply to] Can't Post

Try looking at SPCA/PAWS coz ppl thgt they r mongrels n so nobody bother. Dr Susanah got her Telomian fr SPCA. I saw her doggie... a very obedient dog....n good wt cats too.

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Jan 15, 2006, 10:12 AM

Post #14 of 20 (54412 views)
Shortcut

According to the write-up in the breedsofdogs site, the Telomian was established from dogs brought to the US from the Sg Telom area. That'd be the Cameron Highlands region. I remember seeing dogs in an Orang Asli village I once spent the night in, at the foothills of the mountains. If any of you out there is interested, we could do a bit of exploring and see if we can get a few puppies from the Orang Asli, and embark on a breeding programme to establish the breed locally.

Pangur Bán

woofwoof80
Novice

Feb 12, 2006, 1:47 AM

Post #15 of 20 (54280 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Telomian [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown yo guyz...tat a very good idea, plz count me in, i will be very interested to join ur program also...i like to have 1 of the breed oso....jus call me up k!

012-5849521

rkysoo
Dog Kichi

Jun 29, 2007, 2:00 AM

Post #16 of 20 (53460 views)
Shortcut

did you guys manage to find any telomian? count me in on the finding 016-3946138 ronald soo

potter

Sep 19, 2007, 8:21 AM

Post #17 of 20 (53007 views)
Shortcut

Wow..that is a nice find and way to go for the effort of establishing and perserving our own Malaysian dogs. I remember one of my old neighbour had a puppy that her friend picked up from the jungle while they went hunting. Its all white though and has redish eyes and ears that somewhat reminds me of a pig when I look at it. Its a very cool, obedient dog. I hope you guys will do more for the breed and do update on what is going on! I am so interested to know!
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

keatkeat
Novice

Sep 22, 2007, 7:47 PM

Post #18 of 20 (52933 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I have seen this breed in a small village in Perak call Bruas. But not so sure for now, cause it almost 4 to 5 years back already. During that time it have quite number of it.

PLPY
New User

Feb 25, 2012, 7:10 AM

Post #19 of 20 (45574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mbless] Telomian [In reply to] Can't Post

yes, the Telomian breed has been mixed with other breeds. Currently I have a Telomian mixed pup (1-month old). It has pointy ears and its personality is definitely Telomian - likes to hunt & play hide & seek. Loves carrying around his little bone.
Those who are interested in viewing, pls contact Pauline Leong at 012-3067411 or email pauline.leong
Attachments: Dsc_0276.jpg (69.8 KB)

yogithebully
New User

Jul 18, 2017, 6:08 PM

Post #20 of 20 (29957 views)
Shortcut

Hi everyone ... just wonderingnifbthere has been any progress on this? Im very keen to get involved too 0122051110 James

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my