Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
New to Doggie Forums

ttsunder
Novice

Sep 26, 2012, 1:33 AM

Post #1 of 7 (12382 views)
Shortcut
New to Doggie Forums Can't Post

I am a general animal lover. But dogs have been my main attention grabber. I have had dogs since very young & that's why I just realized that I never had a best human friend till today. Don't think I would be able to have 1 in future too. Had quite a variety of breeds with me even mongrels. Currently, my mom just got a cocker spaniel which is already 1yr++ old.

Mom, Dad & me were all from KL moved over to JB as I work in S'pore. To spice up a little boring house, I brought in a Dachshund pup. The lil pup grew and lived with us and did more than what I hoped.

So, now the Cocker Spaniel had just come in aft we lost our Dachshund recently. I hope I could learn some very useful tips about this cocker spaniel to ensure the 4 of us can live happily healthily & move on... Frown

Ange
Dog Kichi

Sep 30, 2012, 5:02 AM

Post #2 of 7 (12360 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ttsunder] New to Doggie Forums [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a spaniel as well. I have to comment that they are terribly lively, energetic and loving pets. My spaniel digs up my garden, barks noisily at other dogs, couldn't wait to jump into my car and I have no words to describe how crazy he goes when comes to food. Life is never lonely with pets like cocker spaniels. Is yours an English or American?

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Ange
Dog Kichi

Sep 30, 2012, 5:14 AM

Post #3 of 7 (12358 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ange] New to Doggie Forums [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh yes, you have to be careful of cocker spaniel's ears, keep them clean.

I also have a pug.

ttsunder
Novice

Oct 10, 2012, 9:58 AM

Post #4 of 7 (12165 views)
Shortcut

Hey there,
Tq for responding... & very sorry for my late reply back. Its so welcoming here. Yeah u r absolutely right abt this breed. I m not too sure if its American or English, but from what I can say after googling, mine should be American...

It seems to be very3 curious on the same stuff it sniffed the day b4. Frown I am kind of amazed how this lil one can be sooooo hyper and the same time be soooo relax cuddly next to my mom.

She stays right with my mom all the time, she'll go to my dad when dad is eating sumthing, and to me to play wrestle mania...

She just doesn't give up.... Frown

Ange
Dog Kichi

Oct 12, 2012, 5:59 PM

Post #5 of 7 (12142 views)
Shortcut

English cockers have longer snouts and tails. Americans looks exactly like the Lady (Disney's Lady & the Tramp). I gave my ACS a crew cut - hot weather + heavy rain. That silly furkid plays in the rain. My pug joins in the 'fun'. I fume when I see extra work trying to keep them dry... BTW, I keep them out doors since my kids have allergies.

ttsunder
Novice

Jan 5, 2013, 8:47 AM

Post #6 of 7 (9751 views)
Shortcut

HeyFrown,

From what I have read up and compared, mine seems to fit in the ECS group. Its about 14 months old when we got it. Since it was caged up before coming to my house, she was sooo in-secured and always tried to cling onto 1 of us. She would run inside when she sees me come home without knowing who I was. It's been 3 months now and & she is more settled down.

I ve noticed that she is very active and a great eater too. My dad & I will take turns to take her for a walk for about 15-20mins twice a day. She just loves to play and always grabbing our attention for it. I got a ball kicking it around just to see her chase. Reminds me of the Dumbo elephant seeing her ears flapping when she runs Laugh.

Now, I think I ll need to let her mate at least once for a release. But since mine has no cert, I m not pretty sure of how the male owners may consider as I have no idea for making $$ out of it. Do you mind sharing your opinion on this?Frown

And how can I insert pics into this thread?

Ange
Dog Kichi

Jan 5, 2013, 11:15 PM

Post #7 of 7 (9722 views)
Shortcut

Sorry, I can't help you here. 1st of all, I neuter/spay all my pets because I have no intention of breeding them. Infact, I encourage all my friends to adopt their pets from places like SPCA & PAWS instead of buying pets.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my