Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Rotweiler puppy 5 months injured right leg

Naiduean
New User

May 30, 2011, 9:33 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1615 views)
Shortcut
Rotweiler puppy 5 months injured right leg Can't Post

I have a very active & healthy male Rotweiler puppy of 5 months but about 2 days ago it injured itself whilst playing & now it walks with a limp on it's right rear leg.

I checked with a local vet but she says it's just a sprain and nothing else. So she just prescribed painkillers and vitamins.

Can anyone advise any other method to verify the vet's findings? He looks so sad with activity down to 5% only.

Thanks..

(This post was edited by Naiduean on May 30, 2011, 9:35 PM)

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 31, 2011, 7:10 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1605 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Naiduean] Rotweiler puppy 5 months injured right leg [In reply to] Can't Post

if u hv doubts abt d vet's diagnosis, perhaps u want to get a second opinion from another vet? down to 5% sounds really bad. which area are u in?

Frown
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Naiduean
New User

May 31, 2011, 9:33 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1599 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Rotweiler puppy 5 months injured right leg [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes you're right. I've a feeling the vet I went to did not perform a proper diagnosis & wasn't thorough enough.

I'm currently in SP & may have to go Penang to seek a 2nd opinion..

Are you from anywhere around here..if so, any recommendations on vets?

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 31, 2011, 9:39 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1593 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Naiduean] Rotweiler puppy 5 months injured right leg [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm in kl n not familiar with vets in sp or pg... try searching thru the forum and other pet forums for vet recommendations in sp/pg... all the best with ur rottie...

Frown
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my