Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
My Dog have diarrhea (need advice)

MetalPoki
Novice

Feb 11, 2011, 11:24 PM

Post #1 of 6 (5020 views)
Shortcut
My Dog have diarrhea (need advice) Can't Post

hi guys. i need a little advice here. day before yesterday my dog have diarrhea. so i brought her to the vet.

after medication. she seem to have difficulties passing out poop.

i'm very worry here. i heard that dogs died from diarhea. so i need some advice. shud i transfer her to another hospital? currently she's consulting dr.baskaran from ss14.

Metal Frown

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Feb 12, 2011, 7:12 AM

Post #2 of 6 (5013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MetalPoki] My Dog have diarrhea (need advice) [In reply to] Can't Post

Why are you asking us & not your Vet?

It is not uncommon for constipation to follow diarrhea, especially when treated with drugs. Very rarely do I resort to administering drugs for diarrhea for this reason.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

MetalPoki
Novice

Feb 12, 2011, 7:48 AM

Post #3 of 6 (5006 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] My Dog have diarrhea (need advice) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Why are you asking us & not your Vet?

It is not uncommon for constipation to follow diarrhea, especially when treated with drugs.

there, i got the answer. now i know its not uncommon isn't it? so what is wrong asking here? i was just worried that it's serious not to pass out poop. if that's so, i will transfer her to gasing hospital. they cured her urinary problem before.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Feb 13, 2011, 2:06 AM

Post #4 of 6 (4997 views)
Shortcut

Because your Vet prescribed those drugs for your dog, not us, so therefore he's the one you should be asking, not strangers on the internet.

Hope I answered your Q.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Feb 13, 2011, 2:15 AM)

MetalPoki
Novice

Feb 13, 2011, 7:31 AM

Post #5 of 6 (4988 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] My Dog have diarrhea (need advice) [In reply to] Can't Post

but i shouldn't go asking my vet if i should change another vet. am i right? that's why i need opinion. maybe i have bad explanation. but its ok. my dog's fine now thanks anyway

Misha Collins
Novice

Apr 10, 2011, 7:34 AM

Post #6 of 6 (3779 views)
Shortcut

Hello,
Supplements that contain SBOs are available today that are specifically formulated for dogs. If you were to give SBOs to your dogs on a daily basis, all but the most treatment resistant cases of diarrhea could actually be prevented.

Thanks
Misha Collins
www.petmedsnmore.com/

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my