IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: House Breaking:
Help...

catsyloo

Dec 13, 2010, 8:25 AM

Post #1 of 5 (7248 views)
Shortcut
Help... Can't Post

My dog has been housetrain for 1 1/2 year but recently, she seems to have forgotten and is peeing and pooing everywhere in the house. Why is she behaving such a way? Do I need to house train her again?

I punished her by caging her in the playpen with her wee wee pad. When she is in the cage, she will wee wee on the pad but when I release her, she goes back to do it everywhere in the house. Please help.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Dec 13, 2010, 10:14 PM

Post #2 of 5 (7242 views)
Shortcut
Re: [catsyloo] Help... [In reply to] Can't Post

This is not normal behavior & is usually indicative of a medical issue...have her checked out thoroughly by the Vet before punishing her.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

huat
Novice

Dec 14, 2010, 2:48 AM

Post #3 of 5 (7232 views)
Shortcut

I faced such a problem once, long ago. the dog (allo) was own by a fren of mind, he was very well house trained but once fine day, allo just started to pee around the house.

it was no accident, as allo did it purposely, and whenever my friend bring him out, he would rush back in and pee indoor.

after consulting a vet, we were advice to clean the floor with stronger detergent, because it maybe due to the scent of other animal around the house, e.g rat.

so my friend clorox'ed his floor and allo's "accident" stop.

im not sure if your doggie is having the same issue, but its worth trying.

catsyloo

Dec 14, 2010, 3:10 AM

Post #4 of 5 (7229 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] Help... [In reply to] Can't Post

What kind of medical issue? Is it very dangerous?

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Dec 14, 2010, 3:29 AM

Post #5 of 5 (7225 views)
Shortcut

Probably a bladder infection or urinary tract infection (UTI). UTI is very common in dogs especially in female dogs & both of these infections can be very painful. When a dog is dealing with a bladder infection or UTI, wetting on the floor in the house is common. Other symptoms of UTI in dogs include fatigue, lethargy, fever, bloody urine, a foul smell in the urine, tenderness of the lower stomach area, constant licking of the genital area, incontinence & straining to urinate.

So to be on the safe side, you should get her checked out by a Vet. It could be nothing but it could also be life-threatening.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my