Hard to train my puppy

Forever
Novice

Dec 8, 2010, 1:15 AM

Post #1 of 4 (38366 views)
Shortcut
Hard to train my puppy Can't Post

Hi everyone,

This is my 1st time to have a puppy toy poodle 2.5 months old, i bought her a week plus. She do not want to stay inside the cage at all, when i put her inside the cage she will bark till non stop. I was thinking just let her be for a while till she tire then she will stop, unfortunately it is not she will keep on barking till no voice. As day time, we need to keep her inside the cage as my & hubby need to work. But she non stop bark, i was so sad look at her.

Second problem, i wish to train her to settle "chao chao & shi shi" on the mat i have prepared. Some time, "shi shi" she will settle on the mat but not "chao chao". But not all the time, she will settle the "shi shi" on the mat also.

Please guide me how to train her at least can stay inside the cage for sometime and also train her to settle the chao chao & shi shi at one place where i have prepare the mat.

Your advise is much appreciated. Thank you.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Dec 9, 2010, 8:39 PM

Post #2 of 4 (38343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Forever] Hard to train my puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

1. No puppy initially enjoys being in the crate.
What you should do before crating her, is try tiring her out - running around the house/playing, etc. And start with short intervals in the crate.

When she whines, let her whine. If you come running each time she makes a noise she is training YOU to come when you're called. And the problem will then get worse, not better. It can take a few weeks for the dog to understand to be quiet in the crate. It does not happen overnight.

2. Puppies of that age do not have the brain capacity to distinguish between a mat on the floor & the rest of the floor. This is why taking the dog outside is much more efficient at this age.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

huat
Novice

Dec 11, 2010, 11:32 AM

Post #3 of 4 (38310 views)
Shortcut

you need to make sure you make the crate a pleasant and comfortable place for the dog, spend time with the dog when he is crate, close the cage door but remain nearby, and treats works wander too, coax the dog into the crate with treat, alternatively, you can feed your dog in the crate.(initially, after the dog feel comfortable with the crate, you can feed him somewhere else)

you'll also need to make sure there are bedding in the crate, wire crate floor could be painful/uncomfortable for doggies, towel and pillow will be welcome by the doggie, and also include one soft toy for the doggie to huggle and play.

it takes time, you'll have to be patient and eventually, the doggie will go in the crate without you telling at all.

alburn
New User

Apr 24, 2011, 7:24 AM

Post #4 of 4 (31327 views)
Shortcut

Hi!!
Nothing come easy in dog training, especially the young one. It takes time and techniques. It is good to ask those who are having well train dog. You go to my blog for some tips and technique for dog training and ideas those dogs or puppies having problem.

www.is.gd/bR3Yh2

(This post was edited by alburn on Apr 24, 2011, 7:27 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my