Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Lump on chest

smartieschew
Novice

Oct 10, 2010, 6:26 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1186 views)
Shortcut
Lump on chest Can't Post

Recently I discovered my dog has a lump on his chest. The lump is getting bigger in 3 weeks time, but he seems acting, eating and playing normal. He is just a medium size dog, male, and is only 1 year 4 months and already been neutered. He has his annual vaccination and heartworm injection done. I am kinda worried the lump is a malignant cancer that may metastasize to other parts of his body.
I look through some web and it seems that it could be a lipoma, a lump of fat cells, but I hope it is nothing serious for his case. He eats quite alot everyday and most likely because he is neutered, hormonal changes may cause him have a really good apetite, and that makes me suspect that could be a lipoma.
Any vet or dog owner who faced this kind of case who can give me any medical opinion, because it is really freaking me out.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Oct 10, 2010, 7:56 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smartieschew] Lump on chest [In reply to] Can't Post

My friend's Labrador has a lump on her chest as well. Her owner took her to the Vet the day after she discovered it. The Vet said that it was just a fatty lump & that there was no point in removing it. Hopefully your dog will be as lucky as hers. But the ONLY way you can get this taken care of is if a VET looks at it - random people on the internet can't help you. The fact that it's growing kind of has me worried, even if it IS just a fatty lump. If it keeps growing, it'll be making him very uncomfortable in no time.

Schedule an appointment asap.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

smartieschew
Novice

Oct 10, 2010, 8:59 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1176 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] Lump on chest [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your comment. Coincidently, his annual vaccination and heartworm jap will due in 3 weeks time. I think I'll bring him for the annual japs earlier. Looking at the lump really makes me worried. Unsure

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my