Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Human antibiotic to treat skin problem

Stephanie.Lee
Novice

Sep 27, 2010, 5:15 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2039 views)
Shortcut
Human antibiotic to treat skin problem Can't Post

What are the remedy / solutions to stop itching and rashes of a dog ? I have heard that human antibiotic is allow to let our dog to take , but in a very little dose in order to stop the itch and hair fallen. Is it true ?

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Sep 28, 2010, 1:00 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2023 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Stephanie.Lee] Human antibiotic to treat skin problem [In reply to] Can't Post

That is ridiculous as it depends what it is.

You first of all have to have a diagnosis on the rashes/itching & anti-biotics are not the answer for all rashes & especially not human ones.

Never self prescribe for your dog.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 30, 2010, 7:36 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1980 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Stephanie.Lee] Human antibiotic to treat skin problem [In reply to] Can't Post

hi stephanie, if ur dog is itching/scratching a lot, do take ur dog to an experienced vet to hv the skin problem properly diagnosed... some skin problems can be easily cured by vet prescription/ change of diet/ tick-flea control, etc - but different skin problem requires different treatment, so you need to know what ur dog is having first... ask the vet questions... stay away from giving pets human medicine, unless told so by a vet or u r very very sure what u r doing... Smile

if u've done the above n ur dog is not cured, do update me... will try to help again as i've been researching quite a bit on the internet becoz i hv a dog suffering from skin problem for the longest of time... all d best to u...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

zephyros
Canine Addict

Oct 12, 2010, 12:35 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1792 views)
Shortcut

if all else fails, use duct tape! Frown

all jokes aside, how's ur dog doing?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my