Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Need help for the dogs behaviour changed!!!

JustineBiBi

Sep 19, 2010, 2:28 AM

Post #1 of 2 (9673 views)
Shortcut
Need help for the dogs behaviour changed!!! Can't Post

I have 2 dogs, Shih Tzu (7 years old) and M.Schnauzer (5 years old).

When I have my first baby in 2007, they have been putting in the crate. But, were letting out for peeing and pooing and also roaming around the flat house (which is a very small place only). They were putting in separate crates. They are well paper trained and seldom make noise (maybe our flat is always door closed).

When I shift to my new house in July 2010 (and now I am pregnant 2nd baby), I have decided to throw the old crate and putting the 2 dogs together in a crate. After I put them together, I found that they are licking each other and caused them very dirty and smelly even just after bath. This causing there is a very bad smell around my house. This is the first problem I am facing now since I shift my house.

Secondly, is their peeing and pooing problem. Since they are well paper trained, I used to put the newspaper on the floor (where i want them to pee and poo) even I have a big car porchin front of my house. Unfortunately, they are not following the instruction given (pee and poo on the newspaper). They pee and poo everywhere in the car porch. I have spent my time and bring them to the place which I have prepared the newspaper for them for pee and poo. Yet, they still doing the same thing, pee and poo everywhere without under observe. I feel that they are not like previously follow instruction given.

Thirdly, I am now putting the crate in the car porch from my living room. They can now see people pass by or car pass by in front of my house. When there are people coming and stop their car in front of my house, they will keep barking without stopping even after getting scold or hit. ( I know this is very cruel but what can I do to stop them from barking? I am afraid the barking will cause neighbour to make complain)

Hoping that there are somebody can help me to solve these problems...

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Sep 19, 2010, 7:03 AM

Post #2 of 2 (9667 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JustineBiBi] Need help for the dogs behaviour changed!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

First off, you already know the answer to your surface question - the fact that you started to crate them together was the occasion, or part of it, for the problem of them licking each other. That needs to be fixed. In addition, the move to the new house seemingly was not handled correctly, as now they look at the whole place as their bathroom.

The bigger problem, however, is that these dogs are literally getting pushed out of the picture. First they were forced to share a crate, for whatever reason of convenience that was - and secondly, now they are not even sharing your house with you - they are simply two small animals in a cage on the porch.

The retraining issues are going to be significant & with one small child & another on the way, you are at a disadvantage. It is already evident that these two aren't getting the attention they deserve as it is. They are not stimulated or exercised or trained - from what you wrote. And they are not going to get any better unless you are able to provide them with exercise, mental stimulation & proper training.

I say this to benefit all of you & not to criticize what has already happened - please ask a reputable rescuer to find these two dogs a new home, where they can be given the time & attention they require. Small dogs really need much more than to be just incidental members of the household, as you have found & no doubt there is some senior elsewhere who could use the company.

Before they slip further, it would be best to ask a rescuer to find them a better place. It really isn't working at your home & if you love them at all, that would be the best for everyone. And please donate to the rescuer that places them - h/she will be doing you all a great favor in making certain these two have a safe new home where they are cared for properly.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Sep 19, 2010, 7:07 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my