Help-my Rottwailer with skin problem

soda
New User

Aug 25, 2010, 5:16 PM

Post #1 of 4 (11338 views)
Shortcut
Help-my Rottwailer with skin problem Can't Post

Hi all,
I got a 4 months rottwailer as house warming gift from fren. First few days was great...but....
i have always wanted to have my own pet dog, so, i was very excited to receive 'Soda' (my pet) as my new house member,this is my first time owning this breed.
After few days, soda started to have problems like:

bleeding on feed, head (was told it was caused by skin rash--soda scratched and cause bleeding),later the rash turns really bad, soda was bleeding all 4 legs, heads..i was really depressed.

I have no clue how this can happend, i kept soda in very big steel cage and take it for walk n poo during morning n evening,bath it every few days...

After visiting pet shop, was told some possibilities:
1. food-i've replaced wit more expensive food since
2. shampoo-also replaced.

These are things i've done to help soda:
1. wash wound with dentol-later was old this will make skin rash worse.
2. applied meds (cream) but later replaced with spray type (more expensive) as advice by pet shop.

Current situation:
Soda wound seems healed (dry), but it looks really ugly now (looks like dogs from movie i am legend), with 'dry scalp' all over his body, and smell too. Now i notice his hair start to fall, a lot, when i brush my hand on his body, hair came out a lot.

What should i do? did everything i did before even helping soda? i really dunno, please give me advice... what's next? Thanks for reading....

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Aug 25, 2010, 10:20 PM

Post #2 of 4 (11329 views)
Shortcut
Re: [soda] Help-my Rottwailer with skin problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Why would you ask at a pet store for advice about your dog's health problems?
Pet stores are there to sell products (and puppy mill pets) & it looks like they were successful with you. You bought things that will be of no help to the dog.

Common sense would surely indicate you take your dog to a Vet before he gets a lot worse. Take him to the Vet TODAY. Your dog sounds like he has mange and/or a severe skin infection - neither of which has an effective home remedy. He's suffering.

Until you take him to a Vet you haven't done everything to help Soda's skin at all. You've done very little to help him even though your intentions are good.

And you do NOT wash dogs every few days - you wash them every couple of weeks.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Aug 25, 2010, 10:28 PM)

soda
New User

Aug 26, 2010, 5:20 PM

Post #3 of 4 (11307 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] Help-my Rottwailer with skin problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi GoldenAddict,

Thanks for your reply. Yup,i also intend to bring soda to vet, but since i'm still new to this area (just move in), i really have no idea where it is.
Since Soda skin quite bad, i didnt want to put inside my car, any idea how much would it cost to ask vet to my house?
Thanks again for the advice on 'shower', i really have no experience with dogs, so..what should i do if the dog smell? any idea?

thanks again for your respond. have a mice day.

kitkat123
New User

Nov 22, 2010, 12:26 PM

Post #4 of 4 (11032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [soda] Help-my Rottwailer with skin problem [In reply to] Can't Post

have u tried " malaseb" yet? it is a very good shampoo for dog skin problem, get it from the pet shop and bath ur dog every 3days using malaseb

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my