Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Bad behaviour of my new puppy poodle

poh_yien
New User

Jul 26, 2010, 10:50 PM

Post #1 of 5 (10578 views)
Shortcut
Bad behaviour of my new puppy poodle Can't Post

Hi,i just adopt a 4 mth old miniature poodle.First few days his behaviour were quit ok, until one day i help him brush his fur and he starting to be very aggresive and wan to bite me and the comb.Unfortunately, i been bite by him.

I just don't know y he seen like having a strange behaviour / bad temper.When he feel dislike , he will keep growl and atemp to bite.Is any one know why ?? Pls give me some advise wat i can do to train him well.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jul 27, 2010, 3:09 AM

Post #2 of 5 (10569 views)
Shortcut
Re: [poh_yien] Bad behaviour of my new puppy poodle [In reply to] Can't Post

Google "Small Dog Syndrome" & NILIF training.

Since you adopted him do you know anything about his history? He may have had some miserable grooming experiences, or he may have been a spoiled, over-indulged dog & doesn't know any proper boundaries.

Get him to the Vet for a physical checkup to rule out anything medical & to make sure brushing him isn't causing him any pain or anything.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

poh_yien
New User

Jul 27, 2010, 6:41 PM

Post #3 of 5 (10553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] Bad behaviour of my new puppy poodle [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Golden,

Thanks a lot for your advise.I have made a booking for my BoBo to do groming and will have antoher check up again cause don know y this 2 day his poo poo seem watery. But din vomit , just i'm too worry maybe he have some problem or not.

Also would like to get some advise, is it Poodle do have bad temper ?? cause sometime when we play on tickel - tickel ( gu jit gu jit ) he will atempt to bit and will growl.May i know is this normal for a small breed dog ??

In Reply To
Google "Small Dog Syndrome" & NILIF training.

Since you adopted him do you know anything about his history? He may have had some miserable grooming experiences, or he may have been a spoiled, over-indulged dog & doesn't know any proper boundaries.

Get him to the Vet for a physical checkup to rule out anything medical & to make sure brushing him isn't causing him any pain or anything.

Hope I helped.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jul 28, 2010, 1:37 AM

Post #4 of 5 (10540 views)
Shortcut
Re: [poh_yien] Bad behaviour of my new puppy poodle [In reply to] Can't Post

Only those who are untrained, poorly bred and/or have owners who spoil them.

Get help with training your puppy asap. Learn whether the puppy is just playing or being aggressive. In any case, you need to learn how to stop this unwanted behaviour now.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

poh_yien
New User

Jul 30, 2010, 7:25 AM

Post #5 of 5 (10490 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] Bad behaviour of my new puppy poodle [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks a lot for your advise. Yah, i think i need to find some tranning school for my BoBo.Thanks again for your help will keep on monitor his progress.

=^.^=

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my