Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Pregnant dog

Stephanie.Lee
Novice

Jul 20, 2010, 4:06 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2292 views)
Shortcut
Pregnant dog Can't Post

Will there be a chances when a dog is in a heat season to get pregnant ?

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 21, 2010, 10:41 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Stephanie.Lee] Pregnant dog [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, dogs mate when the female is in heat... so if ur female dog is mated with a male dog, accidentally or on purpose, then very likely ur female dog could become pregnant... to avoid this, separate ur female dog from any male dog during her heat, and once her heat is over, perhaps u could consider having her spayed...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Stephanie.Lee
Novice

Jul 23, 2010, 4:40 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Pregnant dog [In reply to] Can't Post

During her heat , i suspected there was a stray dog who jump into my house compound on 1 night. So I suspected my female could be pregnant because her abdomend started to looks firmed and facing downward. And her tits becoming bigger.Unsure

I've started to get nervous as i never wanted to have breed dog ever. Have any idea how much will it cost to get ultrasound on pregnancy for a dog ?

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jul 23, 2010, 9:14 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2239 views)
Shortcut

Skip the ultrasound. Schedule for an emergency spay/abort.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 26, 2010, 9:53 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2185 views)
Shortcut

hi, i do not know the cost for ultrasound... experienced vets will be able to know if ur dog is pregnant by touch n feel of ur dog's abdomen... do take her for a checkup at the vet... if ur female dog is found to be already pregnant, i seriously hope you will NOT subject to abortion... let ur dog deliver the puppies n get them rehomed... there are groups n websites to help you with the rehoming... we could discuss further if u want... if ur female dog is not pregnant, do schedule to get her spayed after her heat... spaying during a dog's heat has more risk, so wait until her heat is over...

there is a reason why owners shud spay their female dog even if they r kept indoor n never ever intend to breed them... accidents happen... male dogs scenting a female dog in heat will jump fences, etc to mate...

all the best with ur dog n do keep me posted...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my