Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
Lost Silky Terrier (Silver/Grey and White) at USJ3 - 18 July 2010 - FOUND!

peilynn
Novice

Jul 19, 2010, 3:21 AM

Post #1 of 19 (2004 views)
Shortcut
Lost Silky Terrier (Silver/Grey and White) at USJ3 - 18 July 2010 - FOUND! Can't Post

Dear Forummers,

Someone has just lost their silky terrier, silvery grey and white fur, a small male dog with a green collar at USJ 3/3 area (photo attached - but he recently had his fur cut very short). He went missing after 12 noon and we only found out at 5 something after returning back. Please keep an eye out for him, or let us know if you have seen him around recently.

Thank you.

(This post was edited by peilynn on Jul 23, 2010, 12:25 AM)

ACC
K9 Servant

Jul 19, 2010, 5:05 AM

Post #2 of 19 (1991 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peilynn] Lost Silky Terrier (Silver/Grey and White) at USJ3 - 18 July 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post

Drive around your area and if need to go across over to ujs4, please do so leave details behind to the security guard at the guard post.

peilynn
Novice

Jul 19, 2010, 5:46 AM

Post #3 of 19 (1990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ACC] Lost Silky Terrier (Silver/Grey and White) at USJ3 - 18 July 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post

We did all that you said once we knew he was missing, and we just managed to find him! thanks to a kind person who took him in while he was all wet and smelly and alerted us that he was in their house when they heard us looking for him!

Thanks for your advice. though!

ACC
K9 Servant

Jul 20, 2010, 11:04 AM

Post #4 of 19 (1945 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peilynn] Lost Silky Terrier (Silver/Grey and White) at USJ3 - 18 July 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post

Take steps to prevent such things from happening again.

peilynn
Novice

Jul 20, 2010, 11:26 PM

Post #5 of 19 (1913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ACC] Lost Silky Terrier (Silver/Grey and White) at USJ3 - 18 July 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post

What steps would you suggest in addition to what we’ve been doing, something that will ensure with a 100% success rate that this will never happen again? As with every other pet owner, there have definitely been steps in place to avoid it from happening. But short of leashing the dog up 24/7, these things happen. He is a small dog, he slipped out, when everyone thought he was in the house.

It is nobody’s wish that they would return home to find their dog missing. The level of stress and frustration is not something anyone would willingly go through, that’s a given.

aaronkxc
New User

Jul 21, 2010, 1:45 AM

Post #6 of 19 (1905 views)
Shortcut

Seems like alot of missing dogs in subang recently.

My suggestion is to cage the dog while there is no one at home.

ACC
K9 Servant

Jul 21, 2010, 11:29 AM

Post #7 of 19 (1872 views)
Shortcut

Someone our you are the one that lost the dog? What are the steps that you been taking and planning to do?

(This post was edited by ACC on Jul 21, 2010, 11:32 AM)

peilynn
Novice

Jul 21, 2010, 6:21 PM

Post #8 of 19 (1851 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Someone our you are the one that lost the dog? What are the steps that you been taking and planning to do?

"Someone lost their dog"

The sentence above means that someone else's dog had gone missing, not that I or someone else lost the dog on purpose.

As I said before, as with every other pet owner around, the usual precautions are taken such as ensuring the gate/door is always closed when the dog is in the compound or when someone is leaving the house, etc. And as I also mentioned, despite all the precautions, these things happen sometimes.

I don't believe that any pet owner does not care about the possibility of the dog going missing, or remain reckless in taking care of the dog. Everyone who owns a pet will always try their best to keep them safe in the house. Especially with the high number of dognapping and animal controls taking place recently. Blaming the person who made the mistake of turning her back for a second when the gate was open would not have helped the situation either.

What full-proof plan do you implement to ensure that this never happens? Caging the dog 24/7 other than letting him out to relieve himself/ for walks does not seem very humane. I know that training the dog to stay even when the gate is open is a possibility, but there are numerous stray cats around, and dogs being dogs, will always lose their heads and start chasing them.

aaronkxc: There were people at home, but no one noticed he slipped out when one of them left the house. Everyone thought he was under the table. That's why he wasn't caged/leashed.

ACC
K9 Servant

Jul 21, 2010, 11:45 PM

Post #9 of 19 (1837 views)
Shortcut

Can you just answer...who's dog is this?

peilynn
Novice

Jul 22, 2010, 2:01 AM

Post #10 of 19 (1822 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Dear Forummers,

Someone has just lost their silky terrier, silvery grey and white fur, a small male dog with a green collar at USJ 3/3 area (photo attached - but he recently had his fur cut very short). He went missing after 12 noon and we only found out at 5 something after returning back. Please keep an eye out for him, or let us know if you have seen him around recently.

Thank you.

Did you read my posts? It is someone else's dog. A friend of mine. But what does it matter whose dog is it? A missing dog is a missing dog, whether he belongs to me/ my aunt/ my friend/ my cousin/ whoever. Does it make a difference?

ACC
K9 Servant

Jul 22, 2010, 10:35 AM

Post #11 of 19 (1795 views)
Shortcut

The difference is, you don't adhere to protocol.

peilynn
Novice

Jul 22, 2010, 3:33 PM

Post #12 of 19 (1783 views)
Shortcut

This may come across as impolite, but I feel as if all your posts save the first one in this particlar thread have been extremely unhelpful, rude and implies that the dog went missing because we couldn't be bothered.

Pease explain yourself or elaborate when you make sweeping statements such as "adhering to protocol". Protocol in which case? Finding the dog? Posting on the forum? Losing the dog? I do not see any protocol needed in any of the above circumstances. All your comments have been very irrelevant. I asked you what steps you, as a fellow dog owner" have taken, and yet you couldn't provide me with good advice. Instead you started asking whose dog it is and stating that I have not adhered to protocol.

It is disappointing when I see that most of your other posts have been helpful, and yet when it comes to my case (and a selected few), you have succeeded in either making people feel terrible, or have been very rude, implying that our dogs have gone missing intentionally.

weijiin86
New User

Jul 22, 2010, 5:31 PM

Post #13 of 19 (1778 views)
Shortcut

Hey whoever you are,

The dog is mine.

I am terribly sorry I did not have the time to read through all your protocol before I went and find my beloved dog.

I am also terribly sorry that I did not cage him all day long to ensure he has a miserable consigned life.

I am even more sorry that I decided not to break his legs and use a tube to feed him.

My point is, is not this segment of the forum made for people who need help in finding their lost dogs. So what is wrong with asking your friend to post up the notice while you go and search the streets before the rainy sky gets dark.

Anyway, judging from your posts, I doubt you would bother to think about it anyway. You will also probably see my only other post which was dated a year plus back when I lost my other dog and try to pin me as being irresponsible.

So, anyway, my dog is found and I am less traumatized so thank you ACC once again for your GREAT help in helping me understand the protocol better.

aaronkxc: (sarcasm mode off) thanks for your suggestion but I do not think I can implement it. I think it's too cruel to cage a dog for long hours like that.

Anyway, I guess maybe I will keep him inside the house itself and close the wooden doors.

He will have a cage as big as me. Haha.

(This post was edited by weijiin86 on Jul 22, 2010, 5:39 PM)

ACC
K9 Servant

Jul 22, 2010, 11:40 PM

Post #14 of 19 (1744 views)
Shortcut

It is disappointing when I see that most of your other posts have been helpful, and yet when it comes to my case (and a selected few), you have succeeded in either making people feel terrible, or have been very rude, implying that our dogs have gone missing intentionally… peilynn

Have you asked yourself why?

I am terribly sorry I did not have the time to read through all your protocol before I went and find my beloved dog.
I am also terribly sorry that I did not cage him all day long to ensure he has a miserable consigned life.
I am even more sorry that I decided not to break his legs and use a tube to feed him…
weijiin86

So sorry even you have the time, you would care very little of what was being posted.

So sorry you do not know the advantages of having or using a kennel cage.

Indeed feel so sorry you have to reply or post at puppy.com lost & missing thread.

peilynn
Novice

Jul 23, 2010, 12:25 AM

Post #15 of 19 (1742 views)
Shortcut

I have asked myself repeatedly what could possibly have been your train of thought that you could have posed such irrelevant questions and behaved so tactlessly and provocatively.

Why don't you tell me why? What makes this case so different from all the other cases? Explain what you meant by protocol. Explain why you think it is justified to keep your pet in the cage the whole day long. Do you do that to your dogs? Is that what it means to love an animal?

Please enlighten me, since you seem to be an expert on dog care.

peilynn
Novice

Jul 23, 2010, 12:29 AM

Post #16 of 19 (1739 views)
Shortcut

So sorry even you have the time, you would care very little of what was being posted. - ACC

Just to clarify, I have already gone through the guidelines and terms of this forum, and NOTHING was mentioned about your protocol. I have not broken any of the rules or so-called protocol, unless you have imposed some on the forummers by yourself.

ACC
K9 Servant

Jul 23, 2010, 10:55 AM

Post #17 of 19 (1689 views)
Shortcut

You need a full length mirror to go along with your WHYS!

peilynn
Novice

Jul 23, 2010, 5:02 PM

Post #18 of 19 (1670 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
You need a full length mirror to go along with your WHYS!

Lol. It is increasingly apparent that you are absolutely incapable of answering intelligently. I do hope you are more eloquent in person. Responding to your mindless statements would be an ultimate waste of time. All the best in life, acc.

ACC
K9 Servant

Jul 25, 2010, 6:32 PM

Post #19 of 19 (1615 views)
Shortcut

It is disappointing when I see that most of your other posts have been helpful, and yet when it comes to my case (and a selected few), you have succeeded in either making people feel terrible, or have been very rude, implying that our dogs have gone missing intentionally… peilynn

You have questioned and answered all those by yourself (you need a long lasting and huge mirror to look deep down or maybe just the face would do). The team is well trained (sincerity or bless with the abilities) to pick cases or to assist... well is proven once again here.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my