Home: Behavioral Problems: Aggresive Dogs and Puppies:
aggressive dobie

ahtengteng
New User

Jul 14, 2010, 11:13 AM

Post #1 of 2 (8804 views)
Shortcut
aggressive dobie Can't Post

My 3 year old dobie Zeus has growled at my sister and now my older daughter but not my 1 year old granddaughter.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jul 14, 2010, 8:09 PM

Post #2 of 2 (8797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ahtengteng] aggressive dobie [In reply to] Can't Post

Growling at humans is a behaviour that should be nailed with an immediate hard correction, so the dog is very clear in its head that it overstepped the mark & it will not be tolerated.

However if the dog generally has exhibited a steady, stable temperament, it would be useful to know what the dog, sister & older child were doing when the incidents took place.

Has the dog been taught that the human not the dog is in control & that its place in the pack is below the humans?
Has it been obedience trained, given boundaries, taught bad behavior causes negative consequences & obedience is rewarded with praise?
Is the dog healthy or could there be an underlying medical reason for the behavior?

More detailed information would assist in providing a more useful answer.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my