Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Solutions to dogs skin problems

Jennifer Leong
Novice

Jul 13, 2010, 11:33 PM

Post #1 of 7 (6803 views)
Shortcut
Solutions to dogs skin problems Can't Post

Most dogs will have skin problems in any one time in their lifetime especially in our humid weather in Malaysia. But fear not, I have discovered a miracle solution to it. I have 2 dogs. 1 was diagnosed with demodex and suggested on long term medication. After the first dose, i stopped the medication and i gave my dog the miracle solution. Till today, no signs of recurrence.

chevvy
Novice

Jul 21, 2010, 7:48 PM

Post #2 of 7 (6772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jennifer Leong] Solutions to dogs skin problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Mind sharing what this miracle solution is? My 2 cross breeds are prone to skin problems, suspected to be allergy induced and inherited from the mother. One has a bit of demodex on the tips of the ears, refuses to go away completely despite months of treatment. Both are wonderful dogs otherwise and I hate to see them itch and scratch.

In Reply To

Jennifer Leong
Novice

Jul 21, 2010, 8:58 PM

Post #3 of 7 (6763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chevvy] Solutions to dogs skin problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Chevvy

I understand your predicament as my cross breed is also suffering from demodex. It is much under control now and the fur starts growing again.

This solution is safe for the entire household. I use this solution for practically everything. It is not expensive compared to the visits to the vet.

Check out the following websites for more information :

http://www.silvermedicine.org/...ilverstudytexas.html colloidalsilversecrets.blogspot.com/2008/02/pets-and-colloidal-silver.html

The product I am using is from Canada and its approved by the Ministry of Health Malaysia. You can call me at 012-3666208 if you are interested to get the products.

chevvy
Novice

Jul 23, 2010, 8:30 PM

Post #4 of 7 (6729 views)
Shortcut

JL
Thank you for your response. I've read the literature on colloidal silver products. If the natural antibiotic claims are true, it may get rid of bacteria, viruses, fungus or mites. Mange caused by mites can be improved if mites are systematically eliminated.

However, this still leaves sensitive skin problems due to an inherited deficient immune system. My dogs have allergies to high protein and certain other foods. Breaks out in lumps and rashes within the hour, especially if it eats cat poo left in the garden. Takes many days to subside. This is a real serious problem for me as I also have 3 cats and strays also visit. Any views on this issue?

In Reply To

Jennifer Leong
Novice

Jul 23, 2010, 11:16 PM

Post #5 of 7 (6724 views)
Shortcut

Dear Chevvy

I'm no expert here. My mongrel has a deficiency in immune system too and thats why he has the skin allergy. Probably you can google to see what can be done to boost the immune system. Mine has no problem so far with the help of the colloidal silver. As for the poo eating habits, my mongrel also has the bad habit of eating his own poo because when he was young, he was malnourished. He is a rescued dog. It is hard to monitor him all the time. Probably you can cage your dog temporary until his habit subsides.
And if the rashes breaks out, you can spray on him the colloidal silver-it helps tremendously.

chevvy
Novice

Aug 1, 2010, 8:13 PM

Post #6 of 7 (6597 views)
Shortcut

Hi JL

I guess I'll have to live with my dogs' allergic dermatitis since there is apparently no cure for allergies other than strict avoidance of the offending substance. Strengthening the immune system through good nutrition helps but does not cure. My older dog has a good smooth shiny short coat normally but once an allergy attack comes, as it did recently, she looks like she's got hair raising bumps all over her neck and back.

By the way, where do you get colloidal silver products? My vet and pet shop do not even know about it. Tks in advance.

Jennifer Leong
Novice

Aug 2, 2010, 5:30 PM

Post #7 of 7 (6577 views)
Shortcut

Dear Chevvy

Sorry to hear about the bumps of your dog's coat.

Normally, general practitioners and vets do not believe in this colloidal silver liquid because pushing their medication is more profitable.

I get my supply locally through a close contact but product of Canada. If you need to try out, do let me know.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my