Justinktw
Novice

Apr 22, 2010, 5:46 AM

Post #1 of 8 (7139 views)
Shortcut
Home based pet boarding service! Can't Post

homepetboarding.blogspot.com/

homepetboarding . blogspot . c o m

We provide home based pet boarding and pet sitting services in a caring and safe environment. We are animal lovers and unlike petshops, your pet is in our home and become our best friend!

Your pet will not feel lonely as it will have constant company of dog lovers. Your pet will not be caged all the time, we will let it out several times to the porch. Your pet will be kept indoors!

For dogs, RM15 per day (boarding), including dog food, RM12 without dog food.

For pet sitting, RM3 per hour (less than 3 hours), RM1 per hour (more than 3 hours). Not including dog food.

For small animals, RM5 per day. Not including food, so please bring your pet's food.

For more information, please call us!

Justin 012 396 7898, Duncan 012 983 2198

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Apr 22, 2010, 8:27 AM

Post #2 of 8 (7131 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Justinktw] Home based pet boarding service! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Justinktw,

This is just my 2 cents worth, as I also do home-based pet boarding (occasionally), so I hope you don't mind it.

Looking at your charges, I think you're charging way too little. Most Vets & other boarding kennels charge RM30-60 a day, depending on the size of the animal & they're usually just kept in cages 24/7, fed once or twice a day & that's it. RM15.00/day is too cheap IMO, at best I'd charge RM25.00/day especially if you are going to give them quality care. Also, what if you get a dog that isn't crate/cage trained? How will that be handled? There are dogs that will literally scream bloody murder once they're in the cages.

It's one thing to watch a friend's dog in your home, it's another to deal with a stranger's dog.

Good luck.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Apr 22, 2010, 8:34 AM)

Justinktw
Novice

Apr 22, 2010, 10:59 AM

Post #3 of 8 (7123 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] Home based pet boarding service! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Goldenaddict,

thanks for ur advice! there are so much for me to learn, and i would love to hear more from experienced ppl like u.

i'm charging rm15 because me and my bro only take in small sized dogs due to space constraints (double storey house) and because we are not established like others who have been doing this for quite some time.

thanks for reminding me about dogs that are not crate/cage trained, will definitely discuss this with my brother and family.

Once again, thanks!

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2010, 2:35 AM

Post #4 of 8 (7104 views)
Shortcut

UR such a kind soul. Have U heard of the saying "silence is gold"

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Apr 23, 2010, 7:30 AM

Post #5 of 8 (7095 views)
Shortcut

There's alot of Liability when taking care of peoples' dogs. So much can go wrong: dog got loose, dog got lost, dog got in a fight, dog bit you, dog bit another dog, dog bit another human, dog bit a child, dog got hit by a car, dog swallowed something, dog ate a few pills, dog got poisoned, dog got ill... Need I go on?

I've only been doing pet boarding for about 3.5 years & I've already learned SO much from this experience. There are alot of things you need to be prepared for. Like I mentioned in my previous reply, some dogs that are not used to or have not been caged before, will scream bloody murder when they're put into the cages. Some dogs (especially small breeds) have the tendency to soil all over the house & also, quite a number of them have separation anxiety. You may also face some problems with some of the dog owners. Some of them may complain over small things. This is just one of those things that happens when you do pet boarding. You can never please everyone. Trust me. Been there, done that. Though I must say, I have had a few regular customers who have boarded with me more than 10 times & they were very happy with my services.

Anyway, good luck with your boarding business. If there's anything you'd like to discuss about, we can discuss via e-mail. My e-mail is amber.faith@yahoo.com

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Apr 23, 2010, 8:12 AM)

Justinktw
Novice

Apr 23, 2010, 11:19 PM

Post #6 of 8 (7065 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Knotidoc] Home based pet boarding service! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Knotidoc,

err..???

Justinktw
Novice

Apr 23, 2010, 11:34 PM

Post #7 of 8 (7062 views)
Shortcut

hi,

r u the owner of amber the golden retriever?? and chloe? and faith is the dalmatian right? i read ur blog b4, and i must say, i love amber!

thanks for your advice, and for sharing your experience. really appreciate that =)

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Apr 24, 2010, 12:51 AM

Post #8 of 8 (7061 views)
Shortcut

No problem & yup! I'm the owner of those dogs. It's great to know that Amber has so many fans. :) Her blog is not quite as active as before but I still do update it every now & then.

Have a nice day!

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Apr 24, 2010, 12:54 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my