Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
NEED BLOOD DONOR SERIOUSLY

sharon82lim
Novice

Apr 15, 2010, 11:03 AM

Post #1 of 4 (6239 views)
Shortcut
NEED BLOOD DONOR SERIOUSLY Can't Post

Is any blood donor available here? My dog needs to do blood transfusion urgently,in KL area..Thanks Thanks

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Apr 15, 2010, 11:26 PM

Post #2 of 4 (6230 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sharon82lim] NEED BLOOD DONOR SERIOUSLY [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Sharon,

One of my GRs has donated blood to one of our friend's MinPin who had tick fever a year ago. I would love to help you out too but unfortunately, my car is going to get serviced for the next few days so there won't be any transportation for us both.

You need to look for a dog who is at least above 25 or 28 kilos (can't really remember but it's around that weight) because the doctors need to take quite a bit of blood so ALL small dogs are out. And before they would even use the dog's blood for the transfusion, they will need to test on it 1st to check the blood count, palate & generally everything else. The dog must be healthy.

You need to get a few dogs to get tested so the doctor can make a choice in case one doesn't work out. The last time, about 6 or 7 dogs came including mine & for some reason, the 2 Rottweilers that were tested before we arrived, weren't picked. My GR was chosen instead + she did not need any sedatives. She stayed calm throughout the whole thing. If you're interested, you can watch a video I made of the blood transfusion ordeal.

I hope everything goes well for your dog.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Apr 15, 2010, 11:54 PM)

intercept
Novice

Mar 6, 2011, 6:45 AM

Post #3 of 4 (4092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] NEED BLOOD DONOR SERIOUSLY [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Im not sure if you could help but my dog needs blood transfusion urgently, we hope there is donor out there. We are in PJ.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 8, 2011, 6:16 AM

Post #4 of 4 (4067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [intercept] NEED BLOOD DONOR SERIOUSLY [In reply to] Can't Post

hi just saw this... how is ur dog? if u still need doggie blood donor, text me at 017-3386317, i'll lead u to some contacts...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my