Home: General: Chit Chat:
Walk For Harmony by Furry Friends Farm and Dr. Dog

myzanordin
ALPHA

Apr 8, 2010, 1:17 AM

Post #1 of 8 (2933 views)
Shortcut
Walk For Harmony by Furry Friends Farm and Dr. Dog Can't Post

Calling all dog owners ! You are invited to join the Walk For Harmony event on 1st May, 2010, where Dr. Dogs (an animal theraphy program), disabled and the mentally challenged will do a 1 km walk around Atria Shopping Centre. This is to promote the harmonious bond between human and animals.

Registration will start at 7 a.m, flag off is at 8.30 a.m. Loads of activities await owners and furkids. Live performance, o.b demo, dog contest, children coloring contest.Registration is RM 15 for 1st dog, and RM 5 for each extra dogs.

Event is supported by Animals Asia Foundation, Atria Shopping Centre, Frontline and Blackwood. Please register via facebook link : Walk For Harmony.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Apr 8, 2010, 2:36 AM

Post #2 of 8 (2929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Walk For Harmony by Furry Friends Farm and Dr. Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Myza,

We have not come up with a routine for the OB demo yet so I've asked the PetnYou gang if they'll be interested in doing it instead. A 5 min demo is good enough right? I will let you know what they say. River & Amber will do a mash up of OB & tricks. A dance? Maybe. We will be calling ourselves the 'Glee Glu Gang' (GGG) lol!

And about the cake, I'll be making it like a triad cake but it won't be very tall nor will it be on a stand like those wedding cakes so you will have no problems fitting it inside your household fridge.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Apr 8, 2010, 3:01 AM)

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

May 2, 2010, 7:24 AM

Post #3 of 8 (2751 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Walk For Harmony by Furry Friends Farm and Dr. Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there Myza,

What a successful event it was today! Great turnout. Well organized. I would like to thank you, Sabrina, Salehin & everybody else for letting us be a part of it. We had so much fun & we hope HOPE (the birthday dog) enjoyed his very special birthday celebration. I hope he liked the cake.

Here are some random shots taken at the event this morning:
http://s127.photobucket.com/...p139/amberfaithcloe/

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on May 2, 2010, 7:46 AM)

Sashan
Enthusiast

May 2, 2010, 8:01 AM

Post #4 of 8 (2743 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] Walk For Harmony by Furry Friends Farm and Dr. Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Just out of curiousity, why do your dogs not appear to have toenails?

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

May 2, 2010, 9:32 PM

Post #5 of 8 (2726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sashan] Walk For Harmony by Furry Friends Farm and Dr. Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

They do have nails. They're short & are hidden under all that untrimmed feet hair! A short nail is a properly trimmed nail. Most dogs have nails that are too long which can be easily damaged/broken or hinder their walking & cause permanent damage to tendons, muscles, etc.

And since my dogs are being shown, it's important that their nails are short enough so that they do not make any horrible "click! click! click!" sound when they gait around the ring. Too long nails can really effect a dog's posture & gait.

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on May 2, 2010, 9:48 PM)

Sashan
Enthusiast

May 3, 2010, 4:03 AM

Post #6 of 8 (2697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] Walk For Harmony by Furry Friends Farm and Dr. Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

I see, I guess my dog nails are a bit too long then. I'll have to trim them more, thanks!

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

May 4, 2010, 5:58 AM

Post #7 of 8 (2659 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sashan] Walk For Harmony by Furry Friends Farm and Dr. Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

If your dog's nails are touching the floor while he is at a standstill or if you hear any clicking sound, then his nails are way too long. Try trimming his nails every few days. The quick will recede with regular trimmings.

Hope I helped.

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on May 4, 2010, 6:00 AM)

Sashan
Enthusiast

May 4, 2010, 6:09 AM

Post #8 of 8 (2654 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, I will. I hate doing it though, freaks me out in case I cut the quick.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my