Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Sending dog to the UK

ccp4u
New User

Aug 21, 2009, 9:21 AM

Post #1 of 21 (12232 views)
Shortcut
Sending dog to the UK Can't Post

Hi, sorry but I didn't know where else to put this. Can anyone give me some tips or give me contact details for sending my dog to the UK from Malaysia please? I've made the decision and I want my dog here with me. I would only like responses from people who would like to help and not from people who have negative things to say.

If you want to move this thread to a more appropriate area, please do.

Thanks a lot.

kelwts
Dog Kichi

Aug 26, 2009, 7:56 PM

Post #2 of 21 (12211 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ccp4u] Sending dog to the UK [In reply to] Can't Post

To export a dog to the UK , pls kindly check with the AVA UK ( Import Permit ). The dog will also have to be quarantined in the UK . As for Malaysia side , you will first need to get an export permit . health certs , and if you want ( If yr dog is a pedigree) an ecport pedigree from MKA .

Try MAS KArgo ( Animal Hotel ) . There are people there that will help you along the way .

Good Luck

vylauren
Dog Kichi

Aug 26, 2009, 10:02 PM

Post #3 of 21 (12205 views)
Shortcut

Hi, you are Noodle owner rite?

Just to share, if your dog has MKA cert, procedure is easier compared to dog w/o MKA Cert.

Mayb you can contact Dept of Veterinary Service in M'sia and Carrying & Quarantine Kennel In UK to check further details.

Glad you made decision to bring him over. GoodLuck.

(This post was edited by vylauren on Aug 26, 2009, 10:30 PM)

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2009, 12:23 AM

Post #4 of 21 (12197 views)
Shortcut

I will assist u to send your pet to UK if you contact me @ O16 904 6299. UK, OZ, NZ, Singapore and several countries have very stringent regulations on imports. It's best to leave the planning and procedure to the people with track records and know exactly what is required by the importing authorities/countries and how to go about it.

mikocresswell
Novice

Oct 9, 2009, 5:04 AM

Post #5 of 21 (12052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Knotidoc] Sending dog to the UK [In reply to] Can't Post

can anyone briefly tell me what is the procedure to send my dog to UK?

1. how much approx?
2. which courier service to use? Besides MASKARgo, anything else?
3. what is the medication procedure like? Any specific injections?
4. Can she be quarantine at home before she fly?
5. Does she have to be neuted?

I would very appreciate someone to reply this. Thank you!Smile
Miko~

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Oct 9, 2009, 5:16 PM

Post #6 of 21 (12034 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikocresswell] Sending dog to the UK [In reply to] Can't Post

I can tell u everything u want to know, but with the info u provided I have no answers. UK as you know stands for United Kingdom which is England, Scotland, Ireland and Channel Islands. I presume it is England. More details and a specific location is required such as London area, Manchester, Essex Cambridgeshire or Dorset?

What dog are u sending? size or breed. Obviously the airfreight and cargo handling charges will be different. However, airfreight is approximately RM 42.00/kg inclusive of fuel&security surcharges and weight is base on either mass weight or volumetric weight which ever is greater.

When you send a dog to overseas u always select an airline that has direct flight to the destination. UK would certainly welcome you to use BOAC or British Airways. But do you want your pet to fly from KLIA to ChangiAirport in Singapore, off load and reload in other words tanshipment? Besides certain airline has placed an embargo on pets

Your pet must have valid vaccinations such as Rabies and booster jabs,

You then go to Selangor Vet Dept in Shah Alam to obtain blood sample and send to Biobest Lab in Edinburgh for dianostis for immunity. Meanwhile you sit tight and wait for results to come back, if good you select an approved and authorised quarantine station; there are some 25-30 such kennels to accommodate you and they are privately owned.

All dogs going into UK are subjected to SIX(6) months quarantine. The only exception is if you travel on a Pet Passport Scheme. We are not a member of EU. So, look no further on this scheme. But once the documents from the country of origin reach the quarantine station and if the animal is healthy and has immunity it will be reduced to one month

A bitch is not neutered she is spayed. This is not a requirement but make sure she is not 30days pregnant, otherwise on arrival at the airport the authority will send her back to the country of origin

A Labrador belonging to an expatriate went back to Scotland recently and the total cost was RM15,800. Airfreight alone was some RM9000+

There are of course other items u will need to consider, such as travelling crate IATA approved, time and travelling expenses incurred, documentation and planning.

Log onto defra.uk using the search engine, it will provide you with everything you wish to know.

(This post was edited by Knotidoc on Oct 9, 2009, 5:22 PM)

mikocresswell
Novice

Oct 9, 2009, 8:38 PM

Post #7 of 21 (12023 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the reply. It gave us some ideas about what the whole thing is about.

Well, Miko is a Jack Russell Terrier and currently she is 7 months old. She has no MKA cert.

My fiance bought the dog here in Malaysia and now he has to go back to Wolverhampton, West Midlands, UK sometime next year. That is why we are now looking for info to bring the dog back with us.

As you mentioned about the quarantine, she has to be attached to a qualified quarantine station and not to be quarantine at home, right?

Hmm..with the infor of Miko, can you roughly tell me how much is it to take her to UK, well, with the cheapest way by all means.
Blush

Thank you for your reply again. Its very helpful indeed.
Miko~

(This post was edited by mikocresswell on Oct 9, 2009, 8:40 PM)

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2009, 12:24 AM

Post #8 of 21 (12010 views)
Shortcut

As far as UK is concerned, they are not interested if your dog is pedigree or non pedigree. They just follow procedures and pre qualifications. I don't suppose your dog is microchipped? If not the first step is to implant a microchip into him and obtain and cert.

why don't u give me a tinkle @ 016 904 6299 I will then discuss the whole issue wif u.

There is no provision in house quarantine and your dog has to land either in Gatwick or Heathrow airport. When the time comes, u have to be very careful in selecting carrier bcos Defra specifies the approved airline and the route to take.

The cheapest way is to find a consultant who will advise u what,how,where and when to do.

Its difficult to tell you how much will it cost for the simple reason that u r only toying with the idea and thought that a JRT being a small dog no more than 8-9kg the cost will not be high. True indeed the airfreight is about RM 850+/- but other incidental expenses will cost you dearly. Blood tests twice. Import Permit. I would say if you have a budget of about RM6500-RM8000 this should cover all expenses from airport to airport. What UK is charging you for quarantine and cargo handling and clearance I won't know.

cheers

miuccia
Novice

Oct 12, 2009, 10:37 PM

Post #9 of 21 (11958 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I am going to send my dog to Italy this December or in middle of January max.
An agent gave me a quotation of 5000RM and my dog is a dachshund (12kg).
Now I am waiting for another quotation from a vet clinic, they are also very good and they send you the quotation with all the details of what your dog needs, last year their quotation was around 200 Rm without the freight charge, not bad.
If you are interested I can send you her contact number. Better to have different quotations Wink

mikocresswell
Novice

Oct 14, 2009, 7:04 PM

Post #10 of 21 (11932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [miuccia] Sending dog to the UK [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi miuccia,

Thanks for your reply. I would really want to shout out loud to you "yes!yes! let me have the number please!"

I am desperate to look for the best price to send my dog over. would u mind dropping me the number to my email at calliepkl

thanks for your help. =)
Miko~

miuccia
Novice

Oct 14, 2009, 8:20 PM

Post #11 of 21 (11929 views)
Shortcut

hi if you can send me your email address I will send you the numbers and details. I tried to send you a private message but doesn't work Unsure
Thanks

mikocresswell
Novice

Oct 15, 2009, 6:55 PM

Post #12 of 21 (11901 views)
Shortcut

I tot I put my email on my previous post but i think the system just ignored it.

here you go

calliepkl at g mail. come

hopefully this can work. ^^
Miko~

(This post was edited by mikocresswell on Oct 15, 2009, 6:58 PM)

miloeandsam
New User

Dec 11, 2009, 12:23 AM

Post #13 of 21 (11242 views)
Shortcut

Hi Miko,

I've spent the last 6 hours scouring the internet for more information on moving my pet to Australia, and trying to locate an a credible agent in KL but to no avail!

MAS Kargo's Animal Hotel website is down too -_-. I was wondering if you had any good news to share with everyone in finding the right agent?

I will need to relocate to Australia mid next year and my English Bulldog, Miloe will be joining me. I've gotten alot of information on the necessary things to be done, but I would prefer to go through an agent of some sort.

my email is michelle at allthings-woman if you prefer to email :)

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Dec 11, 2009, 2:54 AM

Post #14 of 21 (11230 views)
Shortcut
Re: [miloeandsam] Sending dog to the UK [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm afraid U will not be getting exactly what UR looking for unless the person u appoint knows systemically the procedure.

If ur interested to send your pet to OZ I've more than enough knowledge to help u on this matter, because I have the track record.

As a matter of fact last month I sent a ChowChow to Perth and it will be out from Byford Qtine in a couple of days. I'm now preparing an Aust Silky Terrier to also go to OZ.

Before U decide what to do, allow me to highlight to you that if you have a budget of +/- RM 16,500.00 EVERYTHING all in inclusive of Quarantine charges in OZ you could call me at 016-9046299 & we could discuss.

Rgds.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

mikocresswell
Novice

Dec 11, 2009, 7:20 PM

Post #15 of 21 (11206 views)
Shortcut

I emailed you but i wonder did you get it or not.
Miko~

weikianng
Novice

Dec 28, 2009, 12:01 PM

Post #16 of 21 (10960 views)
Shortcut

I am currently in the progress of receiving my dog from KL, and I really hope everything goes on well.

Just a little bit of information, my dog is a Miniature Schnauzer, took the 1st Rabbies blood test on 30th of June 2009. So the quarantine period should end around 31st of December 2009. As I could not afford for him to be quarantined in UK, my agent suggested me that I have him "quarantined" in Malaysia instead, and when the quarantine period ends, he will just hope on a plane and come.

However, after I have read this thread, I have known that if a dog from Malaysia is required for quarantine, and when all the paperwork reached the quarantine station, the quarantine period will be reduced to 1 month. I am so sad I only knew it now.

So, now I could only continue with the plan, but I am quite worried about how am I going to clear him from the Animal Reception Centre in UK. He is most likely to arrive in the 1st week of January 2010.

I have appointed Dr. Sockalingam as my agent, anyone here is using his service too?

miloeandsam
New User

Dec 29, 2009, 5:22 PM

Post #17 of 21 (10918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weikianng] Sending dog to the UK [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys, thank you to all who responded and emailed. I've gotten a fair view of what needs to be done, and only one thing remains unsure: which is the cost.

I've asked around vets in Selangor and petshops, and I've been told that the migration costs will not total up to RM16k, in fact would be less. I'm not too sure the exact fee yet, as Miloe is still too young to travel/ get his shots.

ccp4u: How much did yours cost up til for the UK? And are you sure quarantine can be done locally? That doesn't sound right, as I always thought the pets will need to acclimatize and be under the receiving country's quarantining conditions.

weikianng
Novice

Dec 29, 2009, 5:32 PM

Post #18 of 21 (10916 views)
Shortcut

I guess you are asking me actually.

The total cost has not been finalized yet, but according to Dr. Sockalingam, it should not be more than RM 6k.

As for the quarantine part, I am quite worried. I am not sure how does it work, but from what I know, Dr. Sockalingam should be knowing what he is doing, at least from the word of mouths, and internet search, he was apparently an employee/person in charge of the import and export of livestocks in KLIA.

virgopearl
New User

Mar 31, 2010, 8:12 PM

Post #19 of 21 (9604 views)
Shortcut

hi miuccia... I am very interested to find out who your agent is or any other contact you have to sort out the necessary test and documents

for my dog to travel. She's currently 9 months old and a cross flat coat and long coat chihuahua. I'm relocating to England, currently my husband

is north of london and we're looking to move to Linconshire soon. I've looked at the Uk legislation and all the possible things I need to prepare for

my puppy but I think it would be better to have an agent to handle the logistics and etc etc. Also knowing the cost will be very good.

My email is virgompearl .co.uk if you can forward any information to me.

Your help will be very deeply appreciated.

owengan
New User

May 23, 2010, 11:58 PM

Post #20 of 21 (8281 views)
Shortcut

Hi Knotidoc,

I would like to send my 7 years old chow chow to Hong Kong. She has not been injected with rabies (since it's not required in Malaysia) but she has got all other vaccination done annually. I will give her the rabies injection 30 days prior to departure. Will my dog be quarantined in Hong Kong if there are no rabies records? Which cargo does people normally use to export their pets out from malaysia?

Thanks!

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

May 24, 2010, 12:18 AM

Post #21 of 21 (8278 views)
Shortcut
Re: [owengan] Sending dog to the UK [In reply to] Can't Post

You could call me on my mobile. The number is on post #4 of this thread.

I will then inform you of the procedure and what you will have to do.

Rgds.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

(This post was edited by Knotidoc on May 24, 2010, 12:19 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my