Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
URGENT: FOUND AMERICAN COCKER SPANIEL (NOW UP FOR ADOPTION)

scapolitejoshua
Novice

Mar 25, 2010, 7:46 AM

Post #1 of 9 (2062 views)
Shortcut
URGENT: FOUND AMERICAN COCKER SPANIEL (NOW UP FOR ADOPTION) Can't Post

Date found: Wednesday, 24 March 2010
Time: 6.00 pm
Breed: American Cocker Spaniel
Sex: Bitch

Characteristics:

Brown, short furred, had a flea collar around her. No visible disease, just starved. Had her frontline-d today.

Saw her drenched in the rain today while on the way to a meeting. Had a bit of trouble getting her in the rain with my sister but managed to catch her nonetheless. Immediately brought her to the groomers nearby for a bath (as I am already late).

called vets and pet stores around the area but have failed to find a match. Will bring her to the vets tomorrow for a checkup and microchip scan (if any).

May the owner please come forward. Judging by the state of her, it seems like she'd been lost for days now, or maybe even weeks.

Sadly, I cannot foster her. She is currently boarding at the groomers' tonight. I will check on her tomorrow, but if i the owner do not step up by tomorrow, or if there aren't any fosterers. She will be put up for adoption or maybe even to SPCA :(

Please.. if this is your dog, call me immediately. Or if there are any kind souls willing to foster or adopt her, call me too!

Here's my number: 016-6419356.

P.S Didn't manage to get a picture of her today. Will get hold of a picture tomorrow.

(This post was edited by scapolitejoshua on Mar 26, 2010, 6:51 AM)

scapolitejoshua
Novice

Mar 26, 2010, 6:49 AM

Post #2 of 9 (2003 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scapolitejoshua] URGENT: FOUND AMERICAN COCKER SPANIEL (NOW UP FOR ADOPTION) [In reply to] Can't Post

Pictures now added

twitpic.com/1atkt7
twitpic.com/1atlhx
twitpic.com/1atltg
twitpic.com/1atm1u

UPDATES:

-Vet didn't have a microchip scanner (surprisingly). They only had one and it was at another branch.

- Besides wearing a yellow flea-repellant collar, she was also wearing a choke chain. She was tick-free when we found her, but frontline-d immediately nonetheless.

-She is now bathed and is good on her appetite. potty trained, and would only do her business outdoors. She had also produced "good stools".

- Checked by the vet today, and is now clear from any visible diseases except for a mild skin problem which can be easily cured and being underweight.

-The kind hearted groomers have decided to let her board at their place for free till this saturday. And if by then, there is no one willing to foster or adopt, she will be sent to SPCA :(

-Have checked with various sites, vets and pet stores around the area but once again have failed to find a match.

P.S Sadly, I have not gotten any calls from anyone about this. And please for the sake of this dog, may someone please adopt her. It would kill me sending her to SPCA. She is well tempered, loving and perfect for a small family. All she needs is TLC.

(This post was edited by scapolitejoshua on Mar 26, 2010, 6:55 AM)

hyenyen
Dog Kichi

Mar 26, 2010, 7:31 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scapolitejoshua] URGENT: FOUND AMERICAN COCKER SPANIEL (NOW UP FOR ADOPTION) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Joshua,

May i know which area you found this cocker? Thanks.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Mar 26, 2010, 10:53 AM

Post #4 of 9 (1989 views)
Shortcut

Hey Joshua,

I've just e-mailed one of my friends about this dog. She might be interested in adopting her since she loves English Cockers but if she can't take her, then hopefully she'll be able to find someone who might be interested in her.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

scapolitejoshua
Novice

Mar 26, 2010, 3:05 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hyenyen] URGENT: FOUND AMERICAN COCKER SPANIEL (NOW UP FOR ADOPTION) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for your reply. I found her at Bandar Sungai Long. Near the Tudor Semi-Ds if you know where that is.

For further enquiries contact me directly at my cell! Anytime, anywhere 016-6419356.

Thanks.

(This post was edited by scapolitejoshua on Mar 26, 2010, 3:08 PM)

scapolitejoshua
Novice

Mar 26, 2010, 3:08 PM

Post #6 of 9 (1980 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] URGENT: FOUND AMERICAN COCKER SPANIEL (NOW UP FOR ADOPTION) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Thank you very much. Don't hesitate to give me a ring!

Once again, here's my number 016-6419356

P.S I will not be showing my dog this Sunday and i would like to wish you Good luck. Sorry for the late reply as I'd been really busy lately. See you this Sunday :)

ACC
K9 Servant

Mar 27, 2010, 10:06 AM

Post #7 of 9 (1910 views)
Shortcut

I would suggest you put up a posting at Dog Rescue and Adoption... btw can you upload the picture here, is a burden to rescue and find someone else dog/puppy. Can you find some alternative to house the dog till the owner get in touch with you? Also put up your findings at pet finder. Thank you and good luck.

scapolitejoshua
Novice

Mar 27, 2010, 9:54 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ACC] URGENT: FOUND AMERICAN COCKER SPANIEL (NOW UP FOR ADOPTION) [In reply to] Can't Post

Done and Done. Pictures are already up. Just click on the twitpic links. Thanks.

scapolitejoshua
Novice

Mar 27, 2010, 9:59 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1885 views)
Shortcut

UPDATE:

Due to the numerous amounts of calls regarding breeding Megan. I shall have two conditions for adoption.

1. Megan MUST be spayed. Spaying costs are to be shared equally.

2. I get to check on Megan at least twice a year (for the sake of her well-being).

P.S She is doing really well, and will be under foster care later by a Kind soul at Kajang.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my