Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
RE: FOUND WHITE FURRY MEDIUM LARGE DOG www.petfinder.my/pets/10507/

riannelew
Novice

Mar 2, 2010, 6:09 AM

Post #1 of 13 (1466 views)
Shortcut
RE: FOUND WHITE FURRY MEDIUM LARGE DOG www.petfinder.my/pets/10507/ Can't Post

UPDATE 03/03/2010 - This spitz hasn't been adopted, she is currently being fostered by lisk. Her rescuer took her out from the clinic to send her to me as she had been boarding at the clinic for quite a while - we hope a home environment will perk up her spirits a little.
kindly contact Melissa K contact number: 013-3060921

This is her posting at petfinder, please spread the link so we can find her owner:
www.petfinder.my/pets/10507/

(This post was edited by riannelew on Mar 4, 2010, 7:33 AM)
Attachments: 01032010 mayo whitedog1@usj10.jpg (48.8 KB)
  01032010 mayo whitedog2@usj10.jpg (55.2 KB)

ACC
K9 Servant

Mar 4, 2010, 4:34 AM

Post #2 of 13 (1406 views)
Shortcut
Re: [riannelew] RE: WHITE FURRY MEDIUM LARGE DOG ADOPTED 03/03/2010 [In reply to] Can't Post

Was she adopted or owner took her back?

lisk
Novice

Mar 4, 2010, 7:17 AM

Post #3 of 13 (1394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ACC] RE: WHITE FURRY MEDIUM LARGE DOG ADOPTED 03/03/2010 [In reply to] Can't Post

This spitz hasn't been adopted, she is currently being fostered by me. Her rescuer took her out from the clinic to send her to me as she had been boarding at the clinic for quite a while - we hope a home environment will perk up her spirits a little.

This is her posting at petfinder, please spread the link so we can find her owner:
www.petfinder.my/pets/10507/

Was about to post a notice for this spitz when I came across this thread. Thanks for spreading the word riannelew! Is it possible to edit the thread title (found?) to reflect that she's still missing her owner? Thanks.

riannelew
Novice

Mar 4, 2010, 7:37 AM

Post #4 of 13 (1372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lisk] RE: WHITE FURRY MEDIUM LARGE DOG ADOPTED 03/03/2010 [In reply to] Can't Post

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE. GLAD SHE IS IN GOOD HANDS.

ACC
K9 Servant

Mar 4, 2010, 7:38 AM

Post #5 of 13 (1372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lisk] RE: WHITE FURRY MEDIUM LARGE DOG ADOPTED 03/03/2010 [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to know you are fostering her even on temporary basis. Will keep a look out IF the owner does highlight this profile. Good luck. Btw your profile does look promising at pet finder...Cheers! keep up the good works.
riannelew, that answers to our question.Smile

(This post was edited by ACC on Mar 4, 2010, 7:50 AM)

lisk
Novice

Mar 4, 2010, 7:56 AM

Post #6 of 13 (1366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ACC] RE: WHITE FURRY MEDIUM LARGE DOG ADOPTED 03/03/2010 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your help riannelew and ACC! I'm really hoping she's lost and not abandoned. Her spirits are really down at the moment, she barely moves all day (she will sleep or lie down in the same spot for hours) and has to be coaxed to eat. I literally had to drag her from my lawn to my porch to handfeed her this evening, there was so much sadness in her eyes and she just didn't want to move ;_;

ACC
K9 Servant

Mar 4, 2010, 8:12 AM

Post #7 of 13 (1360 views)
Shortcut

Adult dogs do encounter this kind of problem..either they still want run away (missing owner) or they might already know the outcome (owner dis-owned them), but then again could be to long at the vets place. Kindly provide her a bath towel tonight to keep her comfort. She will regain her confidence soon, with your other pet friends around, it will help her emotionally (many things running in her mind). Just make sure she takes lots of water. Good nite.

(This post was edited by ACC on Mar 4, 2010, 8:17 AM)

riannelew
Novice

Mar 4, 2010, 8:52 AM

Post #8 of 13 (1353 views)
Shortcut

Yea it does :p what to do .....
but Acc is it the same spitz ??? your post:

25/02/2010 - A Forum member Spotted a white FEMALE (aprox3-4years) - red collar without a tag (possible a spitz or mix breed) at Subang near PAWS.

Hopefully not :(

ACC
K9 Servant

Mar 4, 2010, 8:02 PM

Post #9 of 13 (1318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [riannelew] RE: WHITE FURRY MEDIUM LARGE DOG ADOPTED 03/03/2010 [In reply to] Can't Post

No is not the same..the one spoted at subang is smaller in size (skinnier)..just cross check with the forum member that spotted it.

lisk
Novice

Mar 5, 2010, 9:24 AM

Post #10 of 13 (1294 views)
Shortcut

Phew lucky it's not the same dog, would be really sad if she was adopted then abandoned.

She perked up a bit yesterday morning :) While I was getting treats for my dogs she was at the front of my garden keeping cool near my water filter - to my delight she got up and walked up to me asking for a treat! It was the first time she got up on her own since getting to my house (normally she has to be lifted to sit/stand) so I was really happy to see she was motivated by something.

She doesn't like my 2 pups at the moment because they're too boisterous for her (pups being pups they will get into her space obliviously, and since she's still afraid and adjusting she will snap at them to drive them away). Since she can't see very well she gets nervous when my pups wander too close so I don't blame her for snapping in self-defense - she can't tell what their intentions are! My adult dog senses her sadness so he's been respectfully keeping his distance.

She got a thorough bath today. Thinking of whether to bring her for vacc and deworming over the weekend or wait a little longer for her to settle down at my place, don't want to risk traumatising her by taking her to the vet again so soon.

ACC
K9 Servant

Mar 5, 2010, 11:20 AM

Post #11 of 13 (1286 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the update. Have you gven her a name? She sense comfort at your place...Cheers!

lisk
Novice

Mar 7, 2010, 12:38 AM

Post #12 of 13 (1246 views)
Shortcut

Temporarily named her Shiya ("snow at dawn" in Inuit, after her white fur). She's perked up quite a bit :) She will follow my maid or I around (because we're the ones that feed and manja her) and obediently goes to the lawn to do her potty on her own. She even barks in protest when I take my dogs out for a walk as if to say "Hey, why can't I come too?" (Sorry sweetheart, your legs are still weak and I don't want you to catch a disease in case your owner didn't vaccinate you Tongue)

ACC
K9 Servant

Mar 7, 2010, 2:46 AM

Post #13 of 13 (1231 views)
Shortcut

Cheers! From your other posting at petfinder...all your kids looks happy and cheerful..Cheers once more. Btw it would be good to put up a new thread on Shiya under Dog Rescue and Adoption if you are looking for an adoptor.

(This post was edited by ACC on Mar 7, 2010, 3:22 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my