Scratching ears

susanlow89
Novice

Feb 25, 2010, 8:23 AM

Post #1 of 4 (6639 views)
Shortcut
Scratching ears Can't Post

hi there,
my male shih tzu juz likes to scratch his ears i juz couldn't figure it out y? does this link to the food tht he is eating or other thing?

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Feb 25, 2010, 9:52 AM

Post #2 of 4 (6633 views)
Shortcut
Re: [susanlow89] Scratching ears [In reply to] Can't Post

Take him to a vet. Could be a yeast infection or allergies. Is your groomer properly cleaning his ears (plucking the ear hair)? Also are you cleaning his ears on a regular basis? Shih tzus are prone to ear problems. Your Vet is the best place to start.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Feb 25, 2010, 9:53 AM)

susanlow89
Novice

Feb 26, 2010, 7:09 PM

Post #3 of 4 (6596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] Scratching ears [In reply to] Can't Post

i m not sure whether they pluck the ear hair or not but everytime after i had bath him i wil clean his ears, i saw alot of ear hairs there i m nt sure whether did the groomer pluck it? anyway how to c whether there is any ear mites in the ear?

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Feb 26, 2010, 9:23 PM

Post #4 of 4 (6590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [susanlow89] Scratching ears [In reply to] Can't Post

Ask the Vet to scope the ear. Mites usually result in the ear producing dark brown wax (as a way to protect the ear).

Before & After ear hair plucking:
http://www.diydoggrooming.com/earplucking.php

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my