Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
The truth about "Teacup" & "Pocket" dogs

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Feb 23, 2010, 10:35 PM

Post #1 of 8 (13860 views)
Shortcut
The truth about "Teacup" & "Pocket" dogs Can't Post

Understand, that there really is NO such thing as a "teacup" or "pocket" dogs. These are just simply MARKETING labels.

Are they healthy dogs?
No, they aren't.

How are they created?
They are created several ways.

Breeding the smallest of the smallest with the smallest aka runts bred with runts. Dogs are chosen based on SIZE only & not based on temperament or health.

Mothers are not properly fed during pregnancy or lactation so that way the puppies are basically starved to a smaller size while developing. This does effect the growth & development of vital organs.

Mom is mated twice, a week or more apart. That way she will have 2 sets of pups during the pregnancy. One set being a week delayed in development. When the first set of pups is ready to be born, ALL of the puppies will be born. So there will be a few pups in the litter that are premature.

Early cesarean is done to birth the pups prematurely. NO reputable Vet will do this unless medically necessary which means, the "breeder" often does this on their own with no anesthesia!

Or breeders breed dogs that have serious health issues on purpose because those health issues can cause growth issues.

Pups may be kept underfed while growing so their growth is affected.

Or, the breeder just may simply take a cute picture of the pup in an over-sized "teacup" and just label it as such. It may not necessarily be smaller than a "regular sized" puppy of the same breed. The breeder is just simply using the label to justify a higher price tag.

Queen Elizabeth did have "pocket" Beagles. They were bred to be smaller to hunt smaller prey. They did have a use BUT they are long gone & now extinct. "Pocket" Beagles today are of NO relation to the original breed & are being bred the same way "teacup" dogs are, just to make a profit.

Take a look at this adult "pocket" Beagle. It's either extremely poorly bred or it isn't a purebred at all. Barely looks like a Beagle. This is what a REAL correct Beagle looks like.

As for what I would call anyone who supports the creation of "teacups" or "pockets" - I think they are unethical & cruel & downright sadistic. To intentionally create an animal which will suffer health problems its entire life, just so some idiot can enjoy stuffing that dog into their bag or coat pocket...sadism, pure & simple.

Read this great article:
http://therealowner.com/...s-for-cheap-or-free/

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Feb 23, 2010, 10:44 PM)

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Feb 24, 2010, 1:44 AM

Post #2 of 8 (13843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] The truth about "Teacup" & "Pocket" dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

I agreed but also disagreed.

Most of what u wrote is correct except the following statement and theory. Please do not contradict because I have done it before not intentionally but by demand of the owner of the mother dog. If the price is right and owner is willing to pay for such services, why not?

"Mom is mated twice, a week or more apart. That way she will have 2 sets of pups during the pregnancy. One set being a week delayed in development. When the first set of pups is ready to be born, ALL of the puppies will be born. So there will be a few pups in the litter that are premature.Early cesarean is done to birth the pups prematurely. NO reputable Vet will do this unless medically necessary which means, the "breeder" often does this on their own with no anesthesia!"

To have evenly sized puppies a bitch should only be mated once. The second mating 24 hours later is more or less what you might call 'buy insurance' There are instruments and material available in the market to confirm if ovulation is at its optimum.

Puppies are born 61 to 63 days after mating. This is a thumb of rule. Any puppies that are born on the 58th/59th day or puppies born on the 64th/66th day the chances of survival are rather slim.

I don't know about The Queen of England having pocket beagles but miniature GSD/Alsatians did not materialise.

End of discussion.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

UK
New User

Feb 24, 2010, 7:18 PM

Post #3 of 8 (13824 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] The truth about "Teacup" & "Pocket" dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Having been in this forum for 10days, looking and reading this post makes me laughOL.

I have also gone through some comment you made on other posting,how on earth put up such low level input.more like a fiction story.

Will surely not want come and participate Malaysian Forums,Only two characters I seen so far giving their best acc,jasonlin, this 2 person are malaysian boleh. you ought to learn from them.

I told my friends back in Lincolnshire,UK. on your post not top man not top.you need to do more reading then talking. have a nice holiday.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Feb 24, 2010, 8:30 PM

Post #4 of 8 (13816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UK] The truth about "Teacup" & "Pocket" dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm...you sound like a person who has been in this forum longer than 10 days. I'm positively sure you are not from UK nor a new user. Clearly you are a person who supports ACC & his practices of breeding piss-poor Beagles. Now I wouldn't be surprised if you are him yourself! Pretending to be someone else.

ACC is full of contradictions. In his "Beagling" post, he mentioned, "the MAIN reason to breed is to better the breed", "dogs must follow breed standard, pass conformation, go through health testing, etc." Talks like a wonderful breeder who knows what he's doing but he isn't practicing what he's preaching, is he? Nope.

Now wait a minute! You just signed up today & you said you have been reading this forum for 10 days? HOW ON EARTH are you even able to view certain posts without being a member of this forum? Come on. Who are you fooling? Better luck next time troll.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Feb 24, 2010, 9:05 PM)

ACC
K9 Servant

Feb 24, 2010, 9:40 PM

Post #5 of 8 (13797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UK] The truth about "Teacup" & "Pocket" dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello UK.....would like to invite you to this thread as below...Cheers!

Home: Hunting Dog Forum: Hunting Dogs THE JOYS OF BEAGLING

ACC
K9 Servant

Feb 25, 2010, 12:29 AM

Post #6 of 8 (13777 views)
Shortcut

You’re having Behavioural Problems Crazy, you’ve have started

Barking & Growling Unimpressedat will

You’re DIGGING Unsure, endlessly for nothing

Biting Shocked nails and toes isn’t good option

You’re Licking Pirateyour own wounds

Pulling and Chewing,Frown isn’t a good thing either

You’re extremely unwell, Obedience Training , would be helpful...

Socializing, playtime, tricks , would check and balance the problems

If it still doesn’t work, try Euthanize or Relinquish your ID

Hope I Help / Hope It Works...

(This post was edited by ACC on Feb 25, 2010, 12:32 AM)

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Feb 25, 2010, 8:51 AM

Post #7 of 8 (13748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ACC] The truth about "Teacup" & "Pocket" dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

ACC, the more you try to defend yourself by spewing out more nonsense, the more you motivate me to keep on educating people about breeders like you. Don't hide behind another new account to support yourself. That's just plain ol' pathetic. Have the GUTS to come forward & admit that you are indeed doing the irresponsible thing of breeding piss-poor Beagles. "Practice what you Preach." Heard of that quote before? Don't be a hypocrite. And the only thing I can say about what you wrote in your reply, for goodness sakes, stop being so childlish. Can you for once come up with something more intelligent & factual to say?

Take care of your reputation (a little bit too late now don't you think?) ACC & I wish you all the best with your breeding program. Cheers mate!

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Feb 25, 2010, 9:26 AM)

ACC
K9 Servant

Feb 25, 2010, 11:16 PM

Post #8 of 8 (13710 views)
Shortcut

Is Time You Behave...check this out yourself

http://www.puppy.com.my/...apsed;guest=19872176

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my