Home: General: Chit Chat:
Dog-themed Door Mat for sale - Profit goes to dog rescue/sanctuary

chunhuey
Dog Kichi

Feb 8, 2010, 8:59 AM

Post #1 of 9 (3447 views)
Shortcut
Dog-themed Door Mat for sale - Profit goes to dog rescue/sanctuary Can't Post

About a year ago, me and my boyfriend designed and manufactured 2 door mats (one of them is dog-themed) thinking that we wanted to start a little home business. We sold plenty of them but ended up doing something else and have no suitable venue to sell the remaining mats away. We still have about 100+ pieces left for each design.

This year when we were spring cleaning, we wondered what we shold be doing with the remaining mats. So instead of keeping them to store dust in our house, we would like to try and sell them over here, and donate the profit from selling the mats here to a dog rescue or sanctuary. The prices quoted below are the original prices when we started selling them. Shipping will be via PosLaju.

'My Dog Doesn't Bite' Door Mat

Material: 100% Acrylic, Handmade
Colour: Brown, with design as shown in photo (the artwork may vary a little as these mats are handmade by artisans)
Size: Approx. 75 cm x 45 cm each
Thickness: Approx. 2 cm each
Weight: Approx. 1.1 kg each
Price: RM33.90 per piece
Shipping & Handling: RM8 (Peninsular Malaysia), RM11 (Sarawak), RM13 (Sabah)

'Shoot Me!' Door Mat

Material: 100% Acrylic, Handmade
Colour: Green, white, and grey, with design as shown in photo (the artwork may vary a little as these mats are handmade by artisans)
Size: Approx. 65 cm x 65 cm each
Thickness: Approx. 2 cm each
Weight: Approx. 1.1 kg each
Price: RM39.90 per piece
Shipping & Handling: RM8 (Peninsular Malaysia), RM11 (Sarawak), RM13 (Sabah)

Care instruction: Professional rug cleaning is recommended. Do not dry clean. Use rug shampoo to clean small area of dirt. Gentle vacuum. Use light suction. Do not use vacuum brush.

Note: The mats will be shipped in roll.

If this can start moving, for every mat sold, we will donate RM10 to designated dog rescue/sanctuary. We will accumulate and donate once every month, and will disclose the information on our blog at My Dog Diary for your viewing.

Kindly PM me if you are interested. Thanks for helping in our spring cleaning, and of course the dogs! :)

- Huey -
P/S: If you run a dog rescue/sanctuary and wish to sell our mats to raise fund, feel free to PM us too.

Visit NottyPooch Design for some awesome Eco Recycled Banner Accessories & Cool T-shirts

(This post was edited by chunhuey on Feb 8, 2010, 9:07 AM)

chunhuey
Dog Kichi

Feb 9, 2010, 1:39 AM

Post #2 of 9 (3423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chunhuey] Dog-themed Door Mat for sale - Profit goes to dog rescue/sanctuary [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry, kindly email me at enquiry@nottypooch.com if you are interested. Forgot the PM doesn't work here. :)

Thanks!

Visit NottyPooch Design for some awesome Eco Recycled Banner Accessories & Cool T-shirts

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 9, 2010, 2:11 AM

Post #3 of 9 (3421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chunhuey] Dog-themed Door Mat for sale - Profit goes to dog rescue/sanctuary [In reply to] Can't Post

hi chunhuey, may i know which dog rescue/ sanctuary u intend to donate the profits to?

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

chunhuey
Dog Kichi

Feb 9, 2010, 3:08 AM

Post #4 of 9 (3417 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Dog-themed Door Mat for sale - Profit goes to dog rescue/sanctuary [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ai_ney.

I don't have a specific one yet but at the moment I'm thinking Furry Friends Farm (FFF), as I've personally donated to them before, and I kinda like the way the deal with the dogs.

Do you have any to recommend?

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 9, 2010, 7:33 PM

Post #5 of 9 (3398 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

i just wanted to know where the profits would go to before buying one of the mats... i like the doggie mat... Smile

maybe u could consider contributing to AnimalCare, i volunteer for them... u can see their work here www.myanimalcare.org...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

chunhuey
Dog Kichi

Feb 10, 2010, 3:20 AM

Post #6 of 9 (3383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Dog-themed Door Mat for sale - Profit goes to dog rescue/sanctuary [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ai_ney.

Thanks for the link! I dropped by their website just now for a quick look. Seems like something that will suit me... just wondering, are they an organisation or a one-person? They have lost of posts and I haven't read through yet...

Well if possible, I'd love to contribute to all dog rescue / sanctuary. LOL! I'm not sure how the sales will be like yet, but definitely the profit mentioned will go to any one of them. I hope there will be at least RM50 per month - so it won't look awkward to donate RM10 or so, hehe. Or perhaps I'll chip in to a nice figure and donate. I'm not too sure yet.

You can email me at enquiry[at!]nottypooch.com for your shipping details if you are interested in purchasing the mat. I'll provide you with the Maybank account to do the transfer. If you know any friends who might be interested in this, feel free to let them know too. I'm more than happy to have a successful and meaningful spring cleaning. :)

Thanks again!

janice_yong
Novice

May 8, 2010, 8:06 AM

Post #7 of 9 (2980 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I'm interested in buying the dog mats in bulk for my pet store. Can you please drop me an email at janice_yong16266 with your phone number.

Would like to enquire a little more about the mats.

Tx.

chunhuey
Dog Kichi

May 8, 2010, 8:43 AM

Post #8 of 9 (2971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janice_yong] Dog-themed Door Mat for sale - Profit goes to dog rescue/sanctuary [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!

I think email address can't be shown in full in the forum post. I can't seem to read your full email address and the Private Message function is no longer available...

Can you go to our blog's contact form and leave a message there? It's at http://www.nottypooch.com/mydogdiary/contact/

Thanks! :)

(This post was edited by chunhuey on May 8, 2010, 8:46 AM)

chunhuey
Dog Kichi

May 8, 2010, 8:44 AM

Post #9 of 9 (2971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janice_yong] Dog-themed Door Mat for sale - Profit goes to dog rescue/sanctuary [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!

I think email address can't be shown in full in the forum post. I can't seem to read your full email address and the Private Message function is no longer available...

Can you go to our blog's contact form and leave a message there? It's at www.nottypooch.com/mydogdiary/contact/

Thanks! :)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my