Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Ear Care and Conditions:
What is Pseudomonas?

melanie
Enthusiast

Feb 6, 2010, 8:13 AM

Post #1 of 4 (93614 views)
Shortcut
What is Pseudomonas? Can't Post

My pet a mixed terrier had this ear infection, with discharge coming out from the left ear. The colour is like tar thick and dark brown. The vet took a sample swab and sent to the laboratory to diagnose. Results came back saying that infection is caused by Pseudomonas. Can someone please tell me what is it?

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Feb 6, 2010, 9:45 PM

Post #2 of 4 (93607 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melanie] What is Pseudomonas? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's basically just a type of bacteria. It also happens to be the same type that causes pneumonia in dogs. However, it's also common in sending ear infections in dogs.

http://nativeremedies.com/...ars-pseudomonas.html

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

melanie
Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2010, 2:16 AM

Post #3 of 4 (93598 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] What is Pseudomonas? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the input. The vet gave me a tube of ear ointment 0tomax and told me to apply twice a day. Four days has passed and there is vast improvement. No more discgarge and ear canal is dry.

Jennifer Leong
Novice

Jul 13, 2010, 11:45 PM

Post #4 of 4 (87688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melanie] What is Pseudomonas? [In reply to] Can't Post

My dog has ear infection which was hard to cure. She was given 3 vaccinations but to no avail. Bought a few types of ear solutions and also tried spot on frontline but it didn't help either. Not until i discover this miracle solution. Today, my dog is free from bad odour and wax liked discharge.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my