Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
Why does my Poodle bark angrily at other dogs when I carry him?

wow_wow
Novice

Feb 5, 2010, 6:37 AM

Post #1 of 2 (9244 views)
Shortcut
Why does my Poodle bark angrily at other dogs when I carry him? Can't Post

When I put him down, he keeps quiet but he will try to hide behind or between my legs. Why does he do this? Is this a bad behaviour? How can I make him stop?

Suggestions are much appreciated.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Feb 5, 2010, 6:59 AM

Post #2 of 2 (9235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wow_wow] Why does my Poodle bark angrily at other dogs when I carry him? [In reply to] Can't Post

He is very spoiled & has not been properly socialized.

Take him for daily walks & let him walk like a normal dog should. No more carrying. Take him around all kinds of different situations & people & ignore his bad behaviors. When you pick him up, you are empowering him.

The thing you need to remember is that your dog is a dog & needs to be treated like one. You should be training your dog to greet other dogs with disinterest & basic obedience & socialization will make your dog confident enough to not hide behind you. Hiding should never be encouraged or tolerated. If he demands you to carry him, ignore. Never pick him up as that will reinforce this behavior.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Feb 5, 2010, 7:07 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my