Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
GoldenAddict a thought for U

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2010, 5:46 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3157 views)
Shortcut
GoldenAddict a thought for U Can't Post

I am sure you have heard of the Clinic at UPM? There is a Dr.Chen, she is Chinese convert muslim. A lecturer as well as a very senior and experieced veterinarian on small animals. I was there once only once because the campus is so large and so complicated and so far, yet the equipment there is just fantasic. Its always useful to have backups and knowledge on things like this bcoz in time of needs we don't start digging a well for water when thirst is upon us. Correct?

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 29, 2010, 6:14 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3153 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Knotidoc] GoldenAddict a thought for U [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Knotidoc,

Yes, I have heard about their clinic but have never been inside it. I have been to the campus 3 times for the Dogathon events & that's about it. My Mom has been inside the clinic once though & my dad has kinda like rented/used one of their pianos to do a video demo for his new job in America or something like that. Yes, that place is REALLY huge & has lots of green land!

Yeah, they are the only ones so far that I know who are fully equipped. I don't really get your Q but I'm guessing you mean that it is good to know that there is a very knowledgeable & experienced doctor like her & a fully equipped Vet like them? If that's what you mean then yes ofcourse! :)

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Jan 29, 2010, 6:53 AM)

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2010, 7:03 AM

Post #3 of 5 (3145 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] GoldenAddict a thought for U [In reply to] Can't Post

It is always useful to have knowledge that is relevant to what we are in for. I have lots and lots of infos that I could disseminate to those who are genuinely in need of help. For example there are only 2 clinics opened 24 hours 7 days a week. One is the Animal Medical Centre in Jalan Tun Razak and the other is in Brickfields behind YMCA.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2010, 8:35 AM

Post #4 of 5 (3139 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] GoldenAddict a thought for U [In reply to] Can't Post

BTW she has the knowledge, expertise plus confidence as well as the equipment to remove one cataract from a 11 year old dog. Price wise is between RM1800 to RM2100 all in.

Animal Medical Centre has the equipment but Shrilan Siva the MD also the son of old man Siva has taken up a course on this operation some 4-5 years back and to date the equipment is already covered with Cobweb!

shapeshifter

Mar 20, 2010, 11:36 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Knotidoc] GoldenAddict a thought for U [In reply to] Can't Post

UPM has really good facilities. They provide excellent service as well.

Case in point is that of my own dog, a Golden Retriever born with an Ectopic ureter.

I have posted concerns and enquiries asking for recommendations when she had the problem and many kind forum members pointed me in the direction on UPM.

The doctor who treated my Sophie was Dr Nor- she's lovely- nice, polite and loves animals to bits. Most of the staff there love animals.

Anyway, she explained all the procedures clearly and the costs, told us be prepared if the bills get really high & such.

Sophie's diagnosis + surgery + treatment set me back RM 2k.

Her condition improved and she no longer leaked urine all the time, just occassional wetness when her bladder got too full.

That was back in May 2008.

Sophie is now 2 1/2 years old, and her bladder seems to be much stronger as we don't see wet spells anymore.

UPM is a class act. I'd recommend them to anyone.
~ A dog is the only one who will love you more than you love yourself~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my