Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Ear Care and Conditions:
My GR ear 'bengkak'!

yentyl
New User

Jan 24, 2010, 7:03 AM

Post #1 of 6 (5774 views)
Shortcut
My GR ear 'bengkak'! Can't Post

I notice my GR's ear bengkak few days ago. can someone tell me why his ear like that ah?

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2010, 8:29 AM

Post #2 of 6 (5766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yentyl] My GR ear 'bengkak'! [In reply to] Can't Post

U've posted a very difficult question for anyone to help you. First of all which part of the ear is bengkak?

I suspect it could be haematoma, but without actually seeing it I can't say for sure. Bring it to a vet to confirm. On the other hand it could be an insect bite or a bee sting. Once confirm by a vet come back and I shall tell you what to do.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 24, 2010, 11:24 PM

Post #3 of 6 (5750 views)
Shortcut

If it's the ear flap that is swollen, then it could be an Aural Hematoma.
http://www.marvistavet.com/..._aural_hematoma.html

The puffy part is filled with blood & it's VERY painful to the touch. Head shaking or ear scratching such as bacterial ear infection or ear mites may be responsible.

You need to bring your dog to the Vet asap to get it drained. If left untreated, the swelling may eventually resolve on its own, leaving the ear deformed, a so-called "cauliflower/currypuff ear."

For now, wrap your dog's head with a bandage pinning his ears to his head to keep him from shaking & breaking more blood vessels in his ear flap.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

yentyl
New User

Jan 25, 2010, 12:40 AM

Post #4 of 6 (5741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Knotidoc] My GR ear 'bengkak'! [In reply to] Can't Post

It is the ear flap. The 'bengkak' size like 50 sen and squishy. Any home remedies ah?

yentyl
New User

Jan 25, 2010, 12:45 AM

Post #5 of 6 (5740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] My GR ear 'bengkak'! [In reply to] Can't Post

Omg!!! I don't want to see Max's ear deform. Thank you Knotidoc and G.Addict for your advices. I will bring him to the vet 2morrow.

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 25, 2010, 4:44 AM

Post #6 of 6 (5727 views)
Shortcut

Please be informed in advance that although the operation is very simple and straight forward BUT not every vet has the technique, skill and correct procedure to perform the operation.

I have witnessed and saw it done from start to finish on one of my dogs. The operation was indeed very messy.

Photos attached for you to see after operation if it is carried out according to procedure and also a photo of another that was healed naturally without medication or operation.

If you need further information I can provide you with names of vet that can perform operation successfully 95-99% restoration to original shape and also how much will it cost.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

Attachments: Repaired.JPG (57.0 KB)
  inside.JPG (25.2 KB)
  Healed naturally.JPG (22.2 KB)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my