Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
My female Pug is producing milk and can't breath properly???

cleo_pug
New User

Jan 22, 2010, 5:40 AM

Post #1 of 11 (3904 views)
Shortcut
My female Pug is producing milk and can't breath properly??? Can't Post

I own a black Pug who is not spayed. She suddenly producing milk last week and she did not have... sex with male dog so I know she not pregnant. She is the only dog in the house. Why she is producing milk? Also why she always doing snort snort sounds when she lie on her back?? Is it because her nose short? please answer...

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 22, 2010, 5:59 AM

Post #2 of 11 (3895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cleo_pug] My female Pug is producing milk and can't breath properly??? [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like a 'false/phantom pregnancy'. It's probably about 2 months since she had her last heat, right?

False/Phantom pregnancies are common in dogs. Approx. 1 out of every 4 intact b*tches develop false pregnancies after their heats. My GR used to have it all the time after her heats until we spayed her. Make sure she gets plenty of exercise & otherwise wait it out. It will pass on its own. If she is completely intolerable, your Vet can give her something which will end the false pregnancy earlier.

As for the breathing. It's normal for Pugs to snort & snore. It is because of their smashed in noses. If it doesn't seem to bother her, then you don't need to do anything. If she's struggling for breath or if it's always an effort for her to breathe, then give your vet a call.

Hope I helped.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Jan 22, 2010, 6:01 AM)

ACC
K9 Servant

Jan 22, 2010, 6:34 AM

Post #3 of 11 (3889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cleo_pug] My female Pug is producing milk and can't breath properly??? [In reply to] Can't Post

You have to make an important decision for your pug, either you have her mated when on next heat or have her spayed asap. If not she have bigger issues coming up such as cancer. Oh btw welcome to puppy.com

(This post was edited by ACC on Jan 22, 2010, 6:38 AM)

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2010, 6:49 AM

Post #4 of 11 (3885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ACC] My female Pug is producing milk and can't breath properly??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Really? This is some thing very very NEW to me that if a bitch is not spayed 'she have bigger issues coming up such as cancer'.

I believe you are a show dog handler as well. Could you please help me to handle and show a spayed bitch at the next MKA championship show?

Rgds.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

ACC
K9 Servant

Jan 22, 2010, 8:08 AM

Post #5 of 11 (3879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Knotidoc] My female Pug is producing milk and can't breath properly??? [In reply to] Can't Post

There is nothing new on this if you do your homework accordingly..go check with your vet. to verify what i have shared..to be more specific, bitches should not be allow to go on heat more then twice without having it being mated...as for the rest is technical, TRADE SECRET my friend..LOL..btw you did whats proper for your GR, you have experienced those hicups by owning female dogs.

(This post was edited by ACC on Jan 22, 2010, 8:22 AM)

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 22, 2010, 10:42 PM

Post #6 of 11 (3858 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ACC] My female Pug is producing milk and can't breath properly??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
"You have to make an important decision for your pug, either you have her mated when on next heat or have her spayed asap. If not she have bigger issues coming up such as cancer."

Not to be rude but that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. There is absolutely NO reason for her to breed her dog. And many, many reasons not to. One of them possible complications such as c-section & death to her b*tch.

As for the spay, that is her decision. She has to do her research & decide for herself. If she feels that she can keep her intact & not having any "accidents" & if she is willing to put up with the hassles of heat, then it is her choice.

I would like you to read some great links that will give you the information you need about S/N.

Current medical research shows there are MANY long term benefits to NOT neutering or spaying dogs. A recent study at the John Wayne Cancer institute supports another study that shows dogs that retain their ovaries live longer.

Here are the links.
Once again, there really is NO reason for her to breed her dog just because she is intact.
My Dalmatian will be 4 years old this coming Valentine's Day & not spayed & has not been bred.

http://www.naiaonline.org/...SpayNeuterInDogs.pdf
http://www.gopetsamerica.com/..._risks_benefits.aspx
http://veterinarynews.dvm360.com/...rticle/detail/646838

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Jan 22, 2010, 10:59 PM)

ACC
K9 Servant

Jan 22, 2010, 11:34 PM

Post #7 of 11 (3842 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] My female Pug is producing milk and can't breath properly??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Doing researches and reading is good but not full proof unlike hands on with subjects on regular basis. In general what's the lifespan a dog has now a days? That you should go find out and what's those major problems it's facing? I am sure you aware with whats going on with UK Kennel...so much arguments on what's right and wrong. Being a responsible dog owner and breeder would be able to give you the accounts of the on going concern matters. Btw owning small number and breeds will give you some experience but a major player has plenty under his/her sleeves. There are so many vets in town...by all means speak to them...wont harm you right....Owning a dog is a big responsibility, don't just wait for unwanted things to happen.

(This post was edited by ACC on Jan 22, 2010, 11:44 PM)

ACC
K9 Servant

Jan 23, 2010, 12:58 AM

Post #8 of 11 (3831 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] My female Pug is producing milk and can't breath properly??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Neutering will eliminate or reducing the risk of various cancers of the reproductive system, includind mammary cancers in females and prostate cancer in males. It aslo eliminates possibility uterine infections in females....so i guess this something not so dumb after all.

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2010, 1:43 AM

Post #9 of 11 (3825 views)
Shortcut

None of my business of course, as I have alreay tested your knowledge and I know your standard.

Please get things right. You neuter a dog but spay a bitch. However, if you use the word TAMPER then male or female is applicable and there is no mammary cancers but mammary gland tumour got. Should you wish to add a 'S' on cancer perhaps KANSAS might sound similar. What is uterine infections? I only know from doctors, veterinarians that urinary track infection got.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

ACC
K9 Servant

Jan 23, 2010, 5:38 AM

Post #10 of 11 (3823 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Knotidoc] My female Pug is producing milk and can't breath properly??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Neutering refer to both male and female....CASTRATION refers to removal of male dog's testicles..SPAYING a female dog refers to removal of the ovaries and uterus...Look at the standard we are in..LOL...My guess you ran out of vets or Dr's seeking for answers prob. think you smarter and more advance compare to them....GROW UP and enjoy your moments here... or u be thinking of me whole time....NIGHTMAREEEEE......cheers!

Peenut
Dog Kichi

Apr 10, 2010, 2:49 AM

Post #11 of 11 (3291 views)
Shortcut

Just out of curiosity, how good do you think you are?

This is an honest and sincere question.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my