Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Worms in Dog:
worms in the wound

babyminie
Novice

Jan 10, 2010, 11:05 PM

Post #1 of 8 (101643 views)
Shortcut
worms in the wound Can't Post

yesterday i found that my dog have a very small wound beside the eye area..then i put medicine on it

this morning i found that the wound keep bleeding and there is 2-3 white mini worms inside the wound..

i hope i see it wrongly

but how if it is a fact?

what should i do?

what can i do T_T

urgent need help pls

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2010, 12:10 AM

Post #2 of 8 (101640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babyminie] worms in the wound [In reply to] Can't Post

If that is really true, what you saw are maggots. They are young hatchlings from flies. Any other places I could recommend you to use turpentine, but the wound is beside the eye area, best you visit the clinic and have it treated FAST, bcoz these creatures multiply and grow very quickly.

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

babyminie
Novice

Jan 11, 2010, 7:44 AM

Post #3 of 8 (101629 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Knotidoc] worms in the wound [In reply to] Can't Post

Frownyes,it is true

really growing fast..and now the mini wound become bigger ><

what is that?a kind of medicine?where i can buy?as the i dont have a transport now to take the dog to clinic..all i can do is just buy the medicine><

please...give me the medicine details

i need it as fast as posible T_T

thanks for your kindly details..appreciate it~

babyminie
Novice

Jan 11, 2010, 7:53 AM

Post #4 of 8 (101627 views)
Shortcut

turpentine

is it mean the "tina" water which people use when mix in the pain for painting and washing the painting tools???

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2010, 5:44 PM

Post #5 of 8 (101615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babyminie] worms in the wound [In reply to] Can't Post

I am sure you have a digital camera? Pls take a picture of the wound where it is located. I want to c how near to the eye. bcoz turpentine if not applied with EXTREME caution could also blind your dog and that would be a disaster.

Turpentine is not thinner. Thinner is a spirit dries very quickly where as turpentine is similar to kerosene.

The correct medication to use are NEGASUNT POWER and then followed with wound SEREX spray. If you have no transport to send your pet to a clinic I cann't help you on this.

However, the ailment is not exactly life threatening, except that the wound will become larger and larger until the size of a 20sen coin then you are really in trouble!!!

Opinion expressed may appear unorthodox & unconventional, sometimes even controversial but facts given are assured of their accuracy.

Reallylovedogs
New User

Feb 13, 2010, 7:14 AM

Post #6 of 8 (101246 views)
Shortcut

my dog has the same problem but is at the leg... However the bad news is that the Vet is off for a week due to the chinese new year...I am very worried which I am scare that the infection will still go on...I have tried applying anti-infection cream which I got from the shop plus I have cleaned the area around it and wrapped the wound up... So is this correct? What else should I do some more since there won't be any vet around here... Or do u hv any other suggestion?

Knotidoc
Enthusiast

Feb 13, 2010, 9:16 AM

Post #7 of 8 (101240 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reallylovedogs] worms in the wound [In reply to] Can't Post

Where do you stay?

Aanti-infection cream, anti septic cream or even anti biotic will do little good to an open wound that has already been infected by maggots. You have to kill and remove the maggots first. Post a photo of the wound and let me have a look how serious it is.

Reallylovedogs
New User

Feb 17, 2010, 5:50 AM

Post #8 of 8 (101094 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for your reply, but me & my family when up and low to look for a vet and thank god there were a indian doctor some where up south...But thanks alot for the suggestion which really helps for time being=) =) =DFrown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my