Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
My 6 weeks old GR puppy keep Barking & moo^ing!!

kittybaby
Novice

Dec 24, 2009, 12:46 AM

Post #1 of 7 (13298 views)
Shortcut
My 6 weeks old GR puppy keep Barking & moo^ing!! Can't Post

Help please!!

I just bring this little gal home on sat. She just can't stop barking & Mooo^ing non-stop Day, Night & even Midnight when ever she is in her cage. She will only be quiet when we let her out to play. I can't let her out freely as she keep biting everything she saw. Once I even saw her bite a dead lizard, no idea where she found that from! Omg! Immediately took that lizard away from her mouth! Gosh.. Head Big now!!

I try to ignore her when she cry and walk to her when she quiet down.. But once I left her side again.. She cry again.. What to do now? Mid night 2am cry until hell. Making all family members wake up except for my another Golden who is 2 years old now.. The crying and Mooo^ing dosent seem to bother him at all..

I just started the 1st blog for my Golden Retriever.. Pardon me if its too plain & feedbacks are welcome always! preciousgolden.multiply.com/

Do feel free. t.o .a.d.d .m.e. i.n. .M.S.N..u.n.d.e.r.
kittybabywh@.h.o.t.m.a.i.l.c.o.m.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Dec 27, 2009, 6:37 AM

Post #2 of 7 (13266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kittybaby] My 6 weeks old GR puppy keep Barking & moo^ing!! [In reply to] Can't Post

IGNORE the little monster. If she's too noisy, crate her in a room & SHUT DOOR! No matter how annoying it is, you have to bear with it. ALL puppies do this because they want attention. Do NOT give her any attention or let her out until she's absolutely silent. FYI, dogs don't "moo". Cows & bulls do.

If nobody's going to supervise her when she's out, she goes back in crate & stays in there. If she tries to chew stuff she's not supposed to, correct her with a quick scruff-shake(like how mother dogs do to correct their own puppies) whilst saying a firm, "NO!". And then give her something that she IS allowed to chew. Praise. REPEAT until she learns. Make sure your house is "Puppy-Proofed". OB training starts now too.

Btw, what are you doing with a 6 week old pup? Didn't you know that puppies are not supposed to leave their litter mates & mother till the age of 8 weeks???

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Dec 27, 2009, 6:45 AM)

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Dec 28, 2009, 7:28 AM

Post #3 of 7 (13241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] My 6 weeks old GR puppy keep Barking & moo^ing!! [In reply to] Can't Post

nowadays ah..u can even see a 5 weeks old for sale..wat they wan is juz money lo..Unimpressed

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Dec 28, 2009, 9:16 AM

Post #4 of 7 (13240 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] My 6 weeks old GR puppy keep Barking & moo^ing!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You're absolutely right about that. All they want is money but what I don't understand is, why these people REFUSE to do their RESEARCH 1st before finally deciding to get a new puppy? Those with active brain cells will do theirs & even do a research on the breed of dog they're interested in.

Sure, you can say that "newbies" always make mistakes, they don't know anything much, bla bla bla but IF they weren't lazy in the 1st place & did their thorough research, they would not have made this silly decision of buying such a young puppy who hasn't even been fully weaned off from breastfeeding.

You know, we were newbies too when we got our 1st dog & we NEVER even thought about getting a puppy THAT young nor getting any 4-legged junk from petshops either. Why? Because we did our research.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Dec 28, 2009, 9:43 AM)

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Dec 30, 2009, 7:59 AM

Post #5 of 7 (13200 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] My 6 weeks old GR puppy keep Barking & moo^ing!! [In reply to] Can't Post

if dun wan do research oso can one..u can go petshop n frequently n chat with the workers or the owner....can learn loooooooooots of things from then..hehe..they hv their own remedies which r helpful when small incidents happen..lol..

i bought mine from a breeder..when he came to the shop with the small carrier..there was many pups in there...al poodle..with one blacky min pin..haha..she was the only female..she was soooo tiny tat time..he told me is a toy one..so now she's 4 years old..her height n weight is exactly reaches the maximum..not over yet..haha..sometimes i was wandering where r all her siblings..hoping tat the breeder can organize a reunion..lol..hey btw..do u hv any way to tame a aggressive dog?she bite dogs tat sniff her..Pirate

(This post was edited by luv_leehom517 on Dec 30, 2009, 8:07 AM)

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Dec 30, 2009, 9:09 PM

Post #6 of 7 (13188 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] My 6 weeks old GR puppy keep Barking & moo^ing!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sure you can get LOADS of information from other dog people as well but everybody have different kinds of information & some may give out WRONG/FALSE information like for example, a dog owner bought a puppy at 5 weeks of age & then h/she tells people that it's OK to buy puppies that young. It's very dangerous.

You can get MANY types of VITAL information on the net like for example, what kind of breeder to go for & what red flags to watch for, the difference between show/breeding quality dog & pet-quality dog, health problems in that particular breed, breed standard, etc etc, etc.

If people REALLY want to make sure they do not get conned or cheated from crapyard breeders & want well-bred dogs with health guarantees, etc, then they BETTER do their homework!

And about the dog that's snapping at other dogs, which dog is that?

You need to correct her a QUICK jerk of the leash that is attached to a choke chain whilst saying a firm "NO!" everytime she does it or even tries to growls at anybody & then make sure NO other strange dogs disturb her.

Tell the other owners that your dog isn't social because if one day your dog snaps at the wrong dog, a fight could start & you do not want that happening because the blame will be put on you & your dog. So, you need to keep your dog under control at all times.

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Dec 30, 2009, 9:18 PM)

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jan 4, 2010, 5:47 AM

Post #7 of 7 (13144 views)
Shortcut

haha..a beagle came to my house..nothing started the first n second day..third day nearly bitten..actually sometimes i think tat owning a dog tat bites is good too..nobody will kacau..especially when u bring dogs for walk..those malay will go away instead of teasing them..haha..n when ppl wanna kacau u..the dog will bark n ready 2 snap..Frown

oh btw..i made her sit beside the beagle n took some photo..will post up in her blog later..at first both of them r very tired..so i filled a bowl of water for them to share..mana tahu the beagle's head too big n blocked my dog from drinking from it..the sniffing session was great!!haha..the owner hv 2 hold the dog's head n harness n my dog sniff from the butt...the dog's tail keep wagging n keep slapping my dog's head..bol!Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my